Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Dark Mana

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 04:39:21 )
@Lunakiri:

"Yeah, please don't..." He laughed a bit in response while turning the water on. "I don't know ya that well, after all, and I don't want your bro on some sorta misguided vengeance quest."

. . .VEnGeaNCe. . . She heard the single word shoot through her mind almost as violently as when she received a direct message from Eugene. The voice was completely unrecognizable, but the pronunciation couldn't have made what was said more clear.

Erica then... saw an image, or more accurately a scene that she didn't remember occurring. She saw her and Eugene standing side-by-side as children. They were looking ahead, to the back of what she could only assume was their mother. It was mostly her silhouette, but she could hear her voice too. It was pleasant and soothing just as she remembered, but the things being said were unlike anything she'd heard before.

I need you two to be strong for me. Understand? That doesn't mean going off and getting yourselves killed. Please don't think you need to act on this. You're just children. My sweet, innocent children...

The scene shifted and suddenly their mother was crouched down before them, a hand on each head. Eugene was speaking, but his words were distorted. What her mother was saying, however...

. . . vengeance within you, okay? That isn't what . . .

The image melted into haze, incomplete.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 04:54:07 )
@Dowan: [Ooooh, we made it to page three!]

Erica made a hasty retreat from the room before just leaning against the wall across from the door. She didn't know what it was that was going on, what it was that she was supposed to be able to make of this.

All she did know, was that if this continued, it may drive her insane, in a sense. She already spoke to the air after all. Granted, that wasn't exactly the same, but it wouldn't be hard for some random person to believe it was something that would lead to it.

"What the fuck is going on?" She wondered before shaking her head in an attempt to clear it (and inadvertently managing to make her head spin) and pushing off of the wall. As she did so, she found her balance was a bit screwed, but that wasn't a surprise. She'd been shoving aside the need to just crash ever since her brother sent his message, and it wasn't exactly pleasant.

"one of these days... you may kill me." She muttered as she made her way down to her own room and grabbed something from within what was, essentially, a chest in her closet. She had some of the clothes that her brother had loved in there, since she'd promised to keep them safe. They were the only clothes of his that she could find quick and easy for the moment, as well.

She then left the room, but not before catching sight of her reflection in the full length mirror she had in there. Something seemed off, but she couldn't place it, and she really didn't want to dwell on it. She just hurried to the bathroom and placed the clothing where she said she would without saying anything before heading downstairs.

As she reached the landing, she paused.

'. . . ." She didn't say anythingbefore making her way to her brothers room, to where Kyla had been laid down. She knocked lightly to see if she was awake, but received no response.

". . . I really should just move her..." She muttered before opening the door and stepping in to do so.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 22:11:28 )
@Lunakiri: (Onwards we go)

Erica opened the door and stepped inside without much hesitation. Outside of the strange happenings in her head, there was nothing to fear from a room she had been in many times before. What she wasn't expecting, however, was for Kyla to be awake and standing in front of the double windows on the other side of the bed. The drapes were drawn open and she was just looking outside, motionless.

It took a few moments for Kyla to acknowledge her, and turn to face her. Even in the darkness, Erica could see the redness around her eyes. The girl raised an arm and wiped away what tears remained before smiling slightly, "Hey Erica..." She glanced aside, "I... remember some unruly men forcing their way inside my home. J-Judging by my current state, they... they probably had some fun with me, haha..." Her laugh was very brief but chilling.

"Guess I shouldn't really care, huh? It's not like he wants me anyway..." She squeezed her wrist and avoided eye contact as much as she could. "Guess I should thank you. I'm... only alive because you came for me, right? It's not like he would care." She smiled, then, but there was very little behind it. Maybe only Erica could see the slight black aura emanating from the girl. It was as if her body was on fire and the darkest smoke was billowing off her form, but she didn't seem to notice.

Erica, in her unnatural perception of emotion, could feel it.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 23:49:01 )
@Dowan:

The last she'd checked, Kyla had still been asleep. She hadn't expected the girl to wake, and had honestly wondered if they'd knocked her out via drugs... or via impact. Considering how she looked to be all right, Erica was reasonably certain it was the former.

'I..." She started before pausing a moment.

"Hold on, what?" She asked.

"Firstly, I was able to save both you and my brother, yes." She continued. 'I don't know if they did anything, or if it was just that they wanted to. Maybe they hadn't gotten a chance. I do not know."

Erica was trying so hard to ignore what she could faintly see coming off of her. It was hard to ignore, but it was also an interesting looking effect. It was not hard to figure out that there was a decent chance of her being able to see it because of the fact that she could toy with peoples emotions if she so desired at any point.

Wait... there's no way that you... and my brother... her thought trailed off before she just sighed lightly.

"Kyla, would you like a change of clothes?" She asked with a soft smile.

"We look to be about the same size, so I really do think that you'd fit into my stuff if you wanted some. I wouldn't reccommend heading home... I stopped there to drop you off before coming here... and I was ambushed there. So I doubt it's too safe there."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 01:01:52 )
@Lunakiri:

Kyla's expression brightened a bit after Erica's words of reassurance. "He's safe then? Thank goodness." She listened quietly for a moment, and then gave a small nod at the question. "I would very much like to change... if it isn't an inconvenience for you, but..."

There was a long, awkward pause as the girl shuffled uncomfortably. "Is he here?" Her tone was hopeful, but she quickly shook her head, "If he is, I don't want to see him. Just knowing he's safe is enough."

She turned away from Erica and pressed both hands against the window sill. "Sorry for putting you through all this trouble," she said aloud. "But thanks. I mean it. Who knows what would have happened to me had you not intervened."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 01:42:27 )
@Dowan:

Erica just chuckled lightly.

"Yes, he is here." She answered.

"Currently in the shower." She added honestly.

"But come on. Let's get you out of his room, and into something more together and comfortable, while he's not gonna catch ya walking almost nude." She then said before opening the door.

"Are you hurting anywhere? I mean physically, of course." She then asked, having realized that there was likely emotional pain there. It was the one thing she could reason for what she could see around the girl.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 01:59:35 )
@Lunakiri:

"Oh, right..." Kyla looked herself over with a blush and then nodded, "That would definitely be for the best. Let us hurry while he's still indisposed."

She followed Erica quietly, but was quick to speak up when asked a question. "I... don't really hurt anywhere, per se, but I do feel a bit off. It is a relief, though," she pressed a hand to her breast with a sigh of relief. "I don't think they were able to do anything to me, as you stated. It could be that their only use for me was to draw out your brother. Why, I haven't the foggiest. Eugene may be a little..." She thought for a moment and tried her best to throw out a word that was accurate while remaining nice in a sense. "He may be a little cold, but to an extent that a gang would target him?"

She shook her head, "I don't know. What do you think, Erica? You probably know your brother better than I do at this point." Her tone grew low and almost sad, but she just smiled.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 02:14:45 )
@Dowan:

Erica just laughed lightly as Kyla said all she did.

"Yeahhh... he's tricky sometimes." She agreed with a nod.

"For a variety of reasons. I don't think I should disclose them though. That's on him." She added before pausing.

"Although, tell me, going by all you've said and such, you have feelings for him, don't you?" She asked as they reached her room. She ushered Kyla in and closed the door behind her after she'd entered.

"The way you've spoken, it just gives that impression." She added as an explanation before heading to her closet and starting to root through.

"Beyond that, if you do... I can always talk to him. If he's cold to your affections or whatever, I can smack some sense into him for you."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 02:25:33 )
@Lunakiri:

Kyla tucked a strand of loose blonde hair behind her ear with a curious look directed at Erica. "A variety of reasons, hm?" She tilted her head. "Well, I understand if you wish not to disclose them on his behalf."

She then grew bright red at the suggestion of her having feelings for him, and waved her hands frantically. "O-of course not! I mean, who would keep chasing after someone after being dumped, and..." Her demeanor changed and she just hunched slightly, "Yes, I do. Is it that obvious?"

She walked over to the nearby bed and took a seat, crossing her legs. She thought hard for a moment when Erica said she'd beat some sense into him. That made her giggle slightly. "I appreciate the gesture. I really do. But... we tried once or twice to make it work. Or at least, I did. For the record, he said it wasn't my fault, and that he was in fact ending it for me."

She leaned back on her hands and kicked her feet back and forth. "That didn't make it hurt any less, though. Eugene's real dense, but I think his heart's in the right place at least?"

If Erica checked, she would see that the black glow around the girl was starting to dim significantly.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 02:43:31 )
@Dowan:

"Yeah, dense is one way to put it." Erica commented with a light laugh.

"He's always been that way." She added before making her way over to the bed.

"Here. Some pyjama's." She then said as she held out a change of clothes.

"And something to wear for tomorrow while you're heading home, if you decide to." She added.

'But... I can see if I can get through his head at all for you. If you two have tried, and he's agreed to it, there's obviously some feelings for you." She continued.

'But... he's a stubborn ass, sometimes in the most literal senses, but I can see if I can talk some sense into him." She paused here before sighing.

"Although, part of the reason why it may not have worked between you two is due to some family secrets we have, some of the things we have to keep in mind and such. I don't know if he's told you everything, or anything at all, but that may be part of it."

'There are things that people can't know, that may actualyl be dangerous for others to know... and that may be a part of it."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 03:24:02 )
@Lunakiri:

Kyla blinked at the explanation. "Family secrets, huh? He never mentioned anything, but I suppose that must signify its importance."

She took the clothes and smiled, "Thank you. If you really don't mind talking to him for me, then I won't stop you, but don't let it cause a rift between you. Then again... this is Eugene we're talking about here." She laughed, "He probably wouldn't be that affected even if you did approach him about it..."

She suddenly yawned and held the clothes close to her chest. The events of the day hit her like a ton of bricks. "Wow, I didn't realize how tired I was. I'm sorry, but would you mind if I laid down for a bit? I can't promise waking up until the morning, though."

She stifled another yawn and had to keep herself upright through a wobble.

-

Daniel got out of the shower and looked at himself in the mirror, or rather at Eugene's face. He slapped his cheeks with both hands and a frown. "Wonder if ya can see me right now... or hear what's goin' on. If ya can, hurry up and take your body back... cuz bein' you is slow."

Silence.

"Didn't think it'd be that easy," he smirked and put on the outfit Erica left for him. The dark purple shirt and soft black pants fit perfectly. He dried his hair and put a loose towel around his neck before leaving the bathroom.

He didn't run into anyone else on his way to the kitchen, but he figured Erica must have been busy with something. Maybe that girl woke up. Shrugging in response to his own thoughts, he rummaged through the kitchen for anything he could snack on. Just because he was in control didn't mean he had to neglect Eugene's diet, or ignore what he could taste himself. Thinking of all the junk food he could cram into his stomach was pleasant.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 03:33:01 )
@Dowan:

Erica nodded.

"Of course." She said with a smile.

"Come on, I'll take you to another one, one you can sleep in for however long you need to." She added. After Kyla was changed, with Erica standing by the door to not see, she led her to another room. It was a couple of doors down - with the bathroom in between the spare room and Erica's room - and left her in there. A couple of pleasantries were exchanged before she left Kyla to sleep, assuring her that she'd be safe there.

As she closed the door, she paused lightly.

"That... that's just weird. What was in his room though?" She asked the air, knowing no one could hear her before heading downstairs. When she got down there, she found Daniel digging through her things.

"If you have a sweet tooth, I've got some Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, black forest cake, and one hell of a helping of each maple, butterscotch, and chocolate fudge that were fresh made yesterday."

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 16:06:01 )
@Lunakiri:

"Oh hey," Daniel greeted her with a nod of acknowledgement while shamelessly scouring the fridge. "Fresh made?" He repeated slowly while pulling out a container holding the black forest cake. "D'ya mean... YOU made this and the other stuff? Guess I shouldn't be too surprised, though, considerin'..." Eugene would often cook while explaining the benefits of preparing a nutritionally balanced meal. He didn't bake or dabble in sweets much, but the food he made always looked delicious.

Erica watched as Daniel prepared the table with multiple servings of each food item she mentioned, and a few that she didn't. When it was all gathered, he sat down and clapped his hands together. "Thanks for the food!" He gave her a smile and began scarfing it all down while occasionally pausing long enough to compliment her ability. He also choked a few times, but a gulp of milk fixed that.

As the night went on, the two engaged in some pleasant enough conversation. Erica would find that the man was not the most intelligent person and so his topics weren't the most innovative, but he spoke freely and easily. They would eventually decide to call it a night because of the day's unfortunate events, but Daniel interjected on one point.

"Uhm, ya think I could sleep in another room? I don't really get what's goin' on in Eugene's old one or whatever, but I don't wanna get involved..." He rubbed the back of his neck and went on to say, "S'not like I'm scared or anything! Just, y'know. I don't... do so well with like, supernatural shit. Real shit I can punch."

He likely didn't have to go into any detail because the house was large and naturally accommodating to guests. Erica would give him one of the smaller rooms on the first floor and he was happy with that. As Daniel settled in for the evening, he grew more and more restless. He tossed and he turned, and his eyes wouldn't stay shut. Ultimately though, he would submit to darkness and find that the last thought in his mind was very selfish.

Why do I have to leave?

-

Whenever Erica found her inevitable path to sweet slumber, she would open her eyes a moment later to something perhaps unexpected. She was laying upon a floor of what could only be described as twisting shadow. The darkness stretched upwards as far as the eye could see, but there was also blurring light originating from... hundreds? Maybe thousands? of windows or screens slightly jutting out from the pitch black walls, or what served as the hard boundaries of the space.

"Hello Sister," said a familiar voice. It was cold and monotone, but also undeniably smooth. Unlike Daniel's speech pattern, every word was enunciated perfectly. Eugene stood in front of her with a hand in his pocket. She could hear clicking noises amongst the many... MANY voices echoing around them, but couldn't find a source for it.

"I apologize for earlier," he began simply. "It must have been hard on you, but there was no other choice to guarantee a satisfactory result." He adjusted a pair of glasses resting on his nose, and continued. "Nonetheless, I welcome you to the Black Dream. It is akin to a sea of consciousness."

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 01:44:40 )
Erica just laughed lightly.

"You adn I have something in common." She commented.

"I have a wicked sweet tooth as well." She added with a shrug.

'Tis part of the reason why my brother and I don't really get along. I swear he has zero sugar. Finds the stuff to be poison or something." She said with a laugh.

"I can give you the recipes though, or you could just make it a point to stop by every so often if you want some." She added. When he asked about somewhere to sleep, she nodded.

'Of course." She said with a soft smile.

"I'll show you where you can stay." She added before pausing a moment.

"Shouldn't be an issue, anyway. I think I'll need to find another comforter for ya if you want one, though" She added.

She had ended up hunting one out, but it wasn't particularly difficult. There were several in the house, just the location of them changed regularly, it seemed.

After she'd seen Daniel to the room he was going to use, and had retired to her own room, she sighed as she sat on the bed.

"What the hell is going on?" She wondered before getting comfy and trying to get some sleep.

What she dreamt, had not been what she'd expected. As she realized her brother was there, she just looked around.

"I... what the hell?" She asked.

"Oookay... so you can invade people's dreams and/or heads?" She then asked after a moment or two. Her tone was not accusing at all, more curious.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 02:12:32 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene blinked in response to her question, and a few more clicking sounds could be heard in quick succession. "I suppose your confusion is understandable given we have not discussed our respective abilities at length in quite some time," he nodded more to himself and locked eyes with her. "It is more apt to say that I have called you to me, Sister. You are, in essence, visiting a domain within my head given form by the nature of my power."

He smoothed a lock of black hair out of his eyes and went on to say, "Rest assured that I have not violated your mental space. If we were to get technical, you most likely have another 'you' enjoying a pleasant dream at the moment, existing within your own unconscious. Separate from the 'you' that is here."

Even through their conversation, the voices in the background were still present. They were talking amongst themselves while going about their daily activities. One would think it would have been difficult to focus on Eugene or his words amidst all the chaos, but it was surprisingly effortless to hear him.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 02:25:15 )
@Dowan: Erica just sighed lightly as her brother offered the explanation that he did before just crossing her arms.

"All right then." She said.

"How much of tonight were you actually aware of?" She then asked, glancing around as she waited for his response. She didn't know what to think of where they were, and found the location a little bit more disconcerting than she cared to admit. If he said she was safe there, then she was safe, she was sure. She trusted him. He was family. He was a direct bood relation.

"And if you don't know everything, when do you want me to fill you in? Here now? Or after we wake?" She then asked after a moment, not delving into why they were there yet. She wasn't sure she wanted to hear the answer to that, over all.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 02:40:35 )
@Lunakiri:

"I know nothing of what transpired after relinquishing control," he answered simply. "Had you not insinuated just now that my plan in the real world succeeded to some extent, I would not even be aware that I am still alive."

He offered her a very slight, rare smile. "Thank you, Sister. You likely rushed to my aid, and for that I am most glad." Another series of clicking noises echoed around them, sourceless. "I trust you have ensured Kyla's safety, and rescued any one else who may have been involved."

He put a hand up to his chin and tilted his head somewhat. "Is there anything else I should know, or does that about summarize the event?"

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 02:49:53 )
@Dowan:

Erica was silent for a moment before sighing lightly.

"Yes I was able to help save both you and Kyla." She answered.

"Although I wasn't really needed... but I don't think Daniel would have been able to come out as ... well, with as few injuries as he did had I not shown up. I do believe you both would have survived though." She said before pausing a moment.

"Beyond that, I suppose you should know ahead of time that you took a knife to the shoulder." She added. "I stittched it up, but I'm not sure how much it may or may not hurt." She paused a moment.

"I may not know to treat wounds, can't ge tthe drugs to help though." She paused a moment ebfore sighing.

"Kyla's asleep in a spare room, as are you... or Daniel... oh whatever. That's always been confusing to me. Regardless, your body - regardless of who is in charge - is asleep in the other spare room." She told him

"Kyla... seems a bit broken up though. I mean emotionally. Do you keep toying with her?" She then asked bluntly, figuring that while she had him here, she may as well bring it up.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 03:32:48 )
@Lunakiri:

Eugene just nodded at the details. He was seemingly unaffected by the information regarding a knife in his shoulder, but the last question she asked him did cause a brow to raise ever so slightly. "I lack the means to toy with people's emotions, Sister. That is more within your territory, is it not?" He made a face, then, and cupped his chin seemingly in thought. "Oh, but I suppose I did see her before calling you here. However, that fact is very strange. She arrived without my consent... and for a person without any potential, such a feat should be simply impossible."

At the look she gave him, he blinked innocently. "I merely told her she was not welcome here and to leave. It was similar to when we broke up, actually. I think you may know why that was necessary better than anyone, Sister." He drew his hand out of his pocket and the clicking ceased. Offering her a shrug, he continued. "Those of us possessing power, through whatever means, should avoid those without. Do you not agree?"

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 03:41:06 )
@Dowan:

Erica paused a moment at what he said at the end. She didn't have anything to say in response before just sighing and shaking her head.

"No... I actualyl don't." she told him honestly.

"Those like us are so few and far between." She continued.

"And even then, there are even less that are 'compatible' with what we can do. I have encountered people that I don't even need any prompting, I don't need to do anything, I can't stop it... they just fall victim to it." She continued.

'Beyond that... well, I have never been able to affect Kyla. I've never put much effort into it either, though." She paused here before running a hand through her hair.

"She mentioned you two have tried a couple of times. Multiple attempts makes it quite obvious that you at least have feelings for her. Why do you keep yourself so walled up?" She asked, her voice concerned, much as would be expected of an older sister.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.