Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Voltra's Runway | Fallin' for Autumn | ENTER BY NOV 25TH

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 09:21:37 )

Those the skin also have to be blue? if so I might have to retract my entry and change the skin D:

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 12:06:19 )
@Alethna: Wow. xD Wait, we can enter more than once?
My inventory is still small, so I am slow at making avatars.But I usually like making many avatars!

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 14:12:43 )
@Alethna: ah I see. Good strategy.
Buying/drawing art for: Showstopper, Bouncer, Yes Dark Master

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:50:52 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Can entries that aren’t all blue be disqualified or notified that their avis don’t fit the theme? D: Or will they still be thrown into the contest even though they’re not following through with the theme?

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 19:59:32 )

I have sent the new version of my avi with blue skin.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/22 22:24:16 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Q t e a p o n: I see, thank you for keeping up with all the submissions~
I think with this theme it was hard to miss the “only” written there. I almost used the Virgo hair that had the blue flowers and white hair for my entry until I read your response. It is a little difficult to stick to only those colors, but I think a little challenge like this is fun and lets us stretch those creative muscles. ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 04:29:46 )
Hi all,

I understand that there are some confusions about the theme so I've reviewed all entries up to date and responded to let you know if you are accepted or your entry needs some re-work.

Sincerely,
Velvet

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 14:00:49 )
I think its good that the entries aren’t being accepted if theres other accents if thats the theme. Yeah its a community vote but its not fair to those that did use only those colors as the theme said. Adding that accent colors are not allowed is also really good though because that is still confusing.
It wouldn’t be as challenging if accent colors were allowed, its just part of the theme. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea but there will be a new theme soon enough.

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 16:54:29 )

I agree with Ruby. I mean, if people who didn't follow the theme were still eligible to win then I think there wouldn't be much point in having themes to begin with. It would also be a bit weird for the people who did follow the theme, especially if people who didn't follow the theme ended up winning over them. To me, that's something that would discourage people from wanting to enter. I feel like making sure everyone is following the same theme keeps everyone on a more even playing field. Although, I think it's also good to try to make sure the rules are as clear as possible so that there aren't any misunderstandings like there were this time

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 17:01:19 )
Yeah I know I would definitely be discouraged from entering if I spent time to follow the theme rules just for an avatar to win that hadn’t bothered.
I was confused about accent colors and base colors as well but I went with all blue just in case. So it would be nice to list that under the theme requirements.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 18:56:48 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I agree with Ruby, since that is the point of having themed contests and it would suck if someone who didn’t follow through with the theme’s requirements won versus someone who did. I do understand what Kiwi is saying though, and I only wish that next time they have a themed event as restricting as this, they write down what kind of stuff is acceptable and isn’t acceptable just so people know from the get-go.
With that said, I think the staff did a good job trying to fix all the confusion by answering all the questions and checking all the submissions and giving the ones that don’t qualify ample time to fix themselves and resubmit. I can’t really say if people will be turned off by the strictness until I see how many entries there are, but I know for me it’s not a deal breaker. I like challenges like this. x3

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/23 22:34:41 )
That's exactly what I was trying to say but I think Tsundererra phrased it better haha

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 05:06:22 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard

i missed the part about the colors so i had to resubmit 'snickers'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 08:24:12 )

I personally love that you let us know if we qualify or don't. That is the whole point of the contest. And This way everyone has a fair chance to win because they all followed the rules. I hope the future AOTW are with similar themes and rules. This makes the AOTW more challenging and fun!

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/24 10:10:19 )
I hope there’s more like this too :D it was fun to have a challenge haha although this is only my second experience and this is how I’m used to contests like this being run haha

@Alethna: your comment made me laugh xD

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:00:41 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Ahhhhhhh, it’s hard to decide who to vote for. THEY’RE ALL SO GOOD! ;A;
It seems like the contestants went all out for the challenge. Good luck everyone, and nice job! ^^

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:09:10 )

It was indeed a challenge to decide who to vote for. I contemplated for a long time before making my decision.
Okay, that didn't happen at all. Actually, I voted for myself without any hesitation. If I don't vote for me then who will? That's usually how I feel about these things...

All of the entries are really good though! My favorite color is blue, so I can definitely appreciate the all blue avis. Good luck to all~

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:20:20 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Starlight: Hahaha! At least you’re honest. I’m sure there are peeps who’ll vote for you. :) You managed to rank last time because peeps believed in yooooou. Have some faith~
Plus it’s your fav color, so you probs know how to rock it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:38:22 )

@Tsundererra: Ahh, thank you. I really don't think I did that well this time though :viosweat:
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/27 06:51:51 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Starlight: I think this time is harder because everyone prolly thinks they made the best one, and in a way that’s true since I had to look over the contestants a few times and I’m still unsure on my vote. :viocry:

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.