Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Does anyone else look at homes online?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 05:23:26 )

@Tsundererra: That could be cool. And some people's tiny houses they put on wheels and they live in it when they aren't driving.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 06:24:32 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: I didn’t know tiny houses could be mobile. That would be just as cute as that truck lifestyle. The only downside to all of those is no shower or toilets.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 06:44:33 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah some are thin enough and are built on wheels. But then what if you get into a car crash. Also go to bed girl its late where you are lol

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 09:36:42 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: That is another downside that did not cross my mind. You not only lose your vehicle, but your home as well. ):
x__x And I have really bad insomnia. I tried to lie down and close my eyes a couple of hours ago and nothing... so now I’m back on my phone diddling away.

Btw I like your new avi~

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 16:16:00 )

@Tsundererra: some nights I cannot fall asleep at all. I lay in bed in the dark doing nothing for like 45 mins.
Yes it’s a risk you would have to take for cheap housing.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 17:15:11 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Totalanimefan: Yeeeeep, that’s my life every night. ;o; Usually I fall asleep at 5-6 a.m., but on the rare good nights I pass out at 12-3 a.m. Not even sleep aids can help me...

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 18:55:19 )

@Tsundererra: rip. I’m sure you have tried this but have you gotten rid of all blue light? Like at night I don’t use my phone much but when I do I have it emit warm light

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 18:56:19 )
I had to do it for a final project once. We had to design a house and that meant looking up a ton of references. So many beautiful homes I will never be able to afford.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 18:56:42 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I agree with you. I have thought for years that 2020 would be a small recession. I think that will include some housing markets.
But then again you should never time the market and just buy when it’s a good deal for you.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 18:57:41 )

@LordLucre: that’s kinda mean that they made you look at all those nice house we will never be able to afford

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 18:58:41 )
@Totalanimefan: And I had to do it again for a different assignment. Was more gothic this time around. But still hated having to do it. I like that kind of style.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:00:45 )

@LordLucre: that style is really pretty. Where were you looking at those types of homes? Europe?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:01:13 )

Never say never...
but I only look at places I could realistically expect to afford one day, in an area that I plan to try to move to, so as to give me an idea of what I'm working for. There's a decent amount of reasonably-priced and still beautiful homes out there if you can estimate your budget and know where to look.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:02:51 )

@Count Trashula: you are what we all need. How do we stop ourselves at looking at homes that we can’t afford or where we don’t live?
to be fair most of the times I look within my budget but like that’s only 5 homes so then I look elsewhere with the same budget

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:15:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Nothing wrong with looking elsewhere, even if it's just a few towns over. I'm looking at places on the other end of the state, though I've looked in a couple of other states, too. The hardest part about moving is finding or relocating a job, which is the only reason we're staying in our city for now. But as soon as we have the means, we want to head closer to the coast. Which sounded expensive at first, but upon looking into it, it doesn't really have to be. For now, we're just looking at crappy little apartments so we can get on our feet and get used to renting and all that good stuff, so by the time the lease and work contract and whatnot are up, we'll have had a few months to be searching for a good fit in the place we really want to live. It just helps to have a good idea of what you want and how you can reasonably achieve it--or something close enough that you'd be happy with--and to focus on that instead of the "what-if/when-I-win-the-lottery" daydreams. That's what I'm doing, anyway. I actually got bored of looking at stuff I didn't think I could have once I realized how much stuff I could have.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:18:01 )
@Totalanimefan: No place in particular. I just had to design a room for a video and I thought I'd make it gothic styled. I still have a photo of my design saved somewhere...

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:27:50 )

@Count Trashula: thanks. This thread is in a half-joking manner but you have really good advice. Because of my husband job we have to live here. Maybe in a few years we could have the option of moving to Austin but that is still an unknown. We would love to be able to live in the DC region but his company isn’t out there and at least for now he can’t work remote.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:28:02 )

@LordLucre: oh I see.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:30:51 )
@Totalanimefan: I put so much work into that room.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/20 19:37:19 )

@LordLucre: I bet it looked amazing

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.