Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent vintage reading nook

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:27:51 )
Beau says he's not one of the cool kids because he doesn't play sports, ride a motorcycle, know anything about cars, or play video games

okay babe

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:29:26 )
"Unlike the other guys, I didn’t have a ton of free time for hobbies. I had a checkbook to balance, a clogged drain to snake, and a week’s groceries to shop for."

his mom really like, stole his childhood and drained him of a personality huh... this is all he talks about and I'm like, sad...

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:32:30 )
"So I didn’t relate well to people my age. Maybe the truth was that I didn’t relate well to people, period. Even my mother, who I was closest to of anyone on the planet, never really understood me. Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs. Like, maybe what I saw as green was what everyone else saw as red. Maybe I smelled vinegar when they smelled coconut. Maybe there was a glitch in my brain."

sorry for sharing full excerts but UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby's first deep thought here. wrow.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:33:35 )
Bella cries in the book, Beau doesn't. no emotions allowed.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:37:22 )
I'm fighting the urge to make another post getting upset on Charlie's behalf, these two did him so dirty and I'm just sad

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:38:38 )
nevermind here we go:

"It was impossible, being in this house, not to realize that Charlie had never gotten over my mom. It made me uncomfortable."

WHO HASNT GOTTEN OVER YOUR MOM NOW? SHUT UP.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:44:14 )
AHAHAHA HIS FULL NAMES BEAUFORT? BEAUFORT? I thought maybe Beauregard or just Beau but BEAUFORT... love it.

also the person at the help desk got a genderbend for no discernible reason and I love that

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:46:52 )
"Seriously, though, this wasn’t a life and death situation—it was just high school."

title drop

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:47:44 )
I got too excited about that title drop I missed the very next line which was

"It’s not like anyone was going to bite me."

OH CLEVER..... seriously tho where are the vampires by now?

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:48:54 )
Beau's reminded me for the 10th time that he's very tall and very pale and I'm glad he is because I'd forget otherwise

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:50:02 )
do they not have lockers in this school?? why's everyone hanging up their coats in the classroom? bizarre

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:52:58 )
in twilight she blushed but in life and death beau "could feel the blood rush into my face, no doubt forming unattractive splotches across my cheeks and neck."

why's he not allowed to blush??

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 22:58:48 )
this girl approached him to introduce herself and offer to help him find his next class and he's being so mean about her... like calling her greasy and "over-helpful" like.... shut up........

I see this is in Twilight too but with a 'greasy' boy so iunno... maybe this is going somewhere? we'll see I guess strap in

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:00:18 )
starting a drinking game anytime anyone mentions how pale Beau is. everyone's pale in this town why's it a big deal...nobody talks like this

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:01:15 )
oh okay they gotta go outside to go to their other classes and thats why they need their coats? I'm dumb Im literally not paying attention so ignore me

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:02:41 )
okay yeah that went nowhere so far she just had a friendly chat with him and he was acting all put-off over her asking what Arizona is like and wishing him good luck and saying she hoped they had more classes together

like treating her like shes desperate BRO SHES JUST CHATTING...

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:08:02 )
everyone's being so nice to him in this school and he's being so rude oh my god....

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:11:01 )
he keeps getting upset that teachers introduce him as "Beaufort" when he likes to go by Beau

but THEN makes a big show of like "I IMMEDIATELY forgot everyones name who introduced themselves to me" and that he doesnt care to learn who anyone is like...................................... bruh.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:13:53 )
"The girl from English, Erica, waved at me from across the room, and they all laughed. Already the butt of the joke. It was probably a new record for me. But none of them seemed mean-spirited about it."

how... huh? how is that being the butt of the joke?? she just waved... whyd everyone laugh? w... this boys got issues tho like for real, acting like everyone's out to get him or something, while simultaneously acting like 'oh everyone wants to get close to me to act cool'

whats up boy...

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/08/4 23:15:39 )
VAMPIRES. VAMPIRES. VAMPIRES ARE IN THIS STORY THIS IS NOT A DRILL. WE GOT A VAMPIRE, WE GOT A WHOLE TABLE OF VAMPIRES.

AWOO. AWOOOOGA. BAMPIRES.

young dumb and full of crumbs

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.