Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Hi, it's me!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 19:59:17 )
Garrister:
@LupaPrinceRomulus: She wouldn't want any of her contact information given out. Sorry!

Bummer that, then.
So you'd be up to give The Dresden Files a family read ASAP sometime?

Laufeia:
@Garrister: oh man I used to be on YouTube all the time. I even enjoyed buzzfeed at one point but idk what happened to them. xD just went off the rails. I only watch like two people now, it is so hard to find good youtubers. At least there are some good music videos and such to watch. I never got into ASMR myself, as I'm not one of the Sound Children. The only asmr thing I've actually watched is with Cardi B. I don't like her but it is pretty funny. xD
I do wish that YouTube wasn't so hard on censoring now. Takes the fun out of everything. >_>

Youtube in general(outside of the corners where Bandai's involved anyways and even then, it's mainly Mobile Suit Gundam-wise.) has gone VERY Stupid-aligned lately for real, are they TRYING to encourage VPN use to be more of a thing just to combat their stupidities?

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 20:12:50 )
@LupaPrinceRomulus: Not ASAP, no, but I do intend to get to it eventually. XD As for YouTube, I don't know, but I'm sure some other video service will start climbing in popularity before long, if one hasn't already. I haven't really looked into it.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 20:16:04 )
Garrister:
@LupaPrinceRomulus: Not ASAP, no, but I do intend to get to it eventually. XD As for YouTube, I don't know, but I'm sure some other video service will start climbing in popularity before long, if one hasn't already. I haven't really looked into it.

What we need right now, is something that can rival MetaCafe at its prime years, if not surpass MetaCafe entirely.
D-Tube seems like a potential contender, but it really needs to iron out its bugs first before it can be good enough to recommend.
D-Live works better but not as many folks I'd know use it yet.
Some famous Abridged shows should get their vids up at D-Tube and D-Live ASAP to further Combat Youtube's bull$hit, the potential turnouts would be huge if done right.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 22:55:02 )
@Garrister: well yeah I’m not seeking out videos that are vulgar <_< but it is super annoying when people have to cut stuff out or even mute music playing so it’s not copyrighted. >_> like 👌🏻
But what else are we gonna use ya know xD
Super deluxe was one of my fav things on YouTube. But alas they are gone as well.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 23:20:51 )
@Laufeia: The music censoring is the worst. XD It's like fair use doesn't have any meaning anymore in general. OH WELL, I said this in another post earlier but my guess is some other video-hosting site will start gaining traction, and maybe before long there will be a reliable alternative with some decent content to watch. <u<

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 00:05:55 )
@Garrister: yes. I had these thoughts as well. I spend most of my time on hulu anyways. xD

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 00:09:17 )
@Laufeia: XD I haven't used Hulu in a long time. I mostly used Netflix. One of the things I was hooked on for a while was Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch but I'm pretty sure they took that off. Netflix likes to take good stuff down. ;n;

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 00:33:31 )
@Garrister:I'm the opposite. I rarely use Netflix lol. Netflix does have some great stuff. But I always gotta wait a year for the next season of the dang stuff I wanna see. I wish netflix would have a bigger selection of anime. Theres some good simulcasts and anime on hulu. And I really have a guilty pleasure for reality television.xD
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 00:46:07 )
@Laufeia: Oof, I hate catching up on something and having to wait for the next installment, whether its manga, anime, or just a general show of some kind. >:c I've never actually watched anime on Netflix, I usually just find some place online to watch it. Of course because of that, the quality isn't always great. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:04:42 )

@Garrister: I’m in DC for Otakon!

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:13:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Oohh sounds fun!! Idk if you were planning on/have made a thread about it, but you should post updates of some kind. :3

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 02:56:43 )

@Garrister: it ended today. Maybe I’ll make a thread about my whole trip.

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 03:22:41 )
@totalanimefan: That's be cool. ^u^

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 15:14:13 )

@Garrister: hey I’ll make it in a few days

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 17:14:11 )
@Totalanimefan: Nice! I'll keep an eye out for it. ^u^

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 20:48:48 )
I hope it’s okay for me to come in and say hi :vichardhappy:

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 01:55:12 )

@Garrister: thanks. I look forward to making it. I hope to be good and add photos and not be lazy about it lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 15:23:15 )
@uwu: Of course! Hello there, how're you doing? :3

@Totalanimefan: Lol. XD

Donator — Wet Possum Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 19:04:52 )
@Garrister: I'm doing well, just a wee tired. I just woke up from a nap and need to get ready for work :<
How are you doing today, Gar?
My Hangout
Call me, ping me, if you wanna reach me

Voltie — Moon-Cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 21:37:58 )
@uwu: Aww no fun. :0 I'm fine! I'm just relaxing right now. I'm trying to scrounge up some Volts to make another outfit but that's going rather slowly. <u<
...And with that, he was gone.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.