Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It’s my birthday !

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 01:34:11 )

@Dragonus Luciferius: Saving money is the best. I love it lol
@Tsundererra: We do get along really well. It's just the two of us out here in CA. We have been together since 2011, but we got married a few years later. We both like a lot of the same things. We met while studying Japanese. It was both of our majors.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 01:50:58 )
@Totalanimefan: When you know, you know, and you’re 6 years going strong.
:D I remember you mentioned he listens to Japanese music and that you both can speak Japanese when we first met.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 02:04:02 )

@Tsundererra: Yup all that is true. He's super into manga. He reads soooo much manga. maybe too much

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 02:11:15 )
@Totalanimefan: There’s no such thing as too much manga~ Is he not into anime as much? You should let him join Voltra and make his username Totalmangafan. Then you guys can be the top ruling couple.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 02:24:03 )

@Tsundererra: OMG I need to tell him that. Maybe it would actually join. He likes that I like avatar sites but he's not into them. He's into reddit.
He also likes anime. We watch anime together all the time.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 02:32:48 )
@Totalanimefan: I lurk a lot on Reddit, and then come here when it gets too much for my brain. But I get that avatar sites aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. Does he like going to conventions like you? And it’s good that he’s not a manga purist. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 02:35:31 )

@Tsundererra: I like reddit too, but there are so many jerks, trolls and horrible people that it's just better to stay in the smaller subreddits.
We both love going to Otakon. It's a tradition for us.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:07:39 )
@totalanimefan: i'm super late for this but happy belated birthday!! c:
Twigg's Art Shop//Freebies!
♥♥Questy Things!♥♥

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:12:02 )
@Totalanimefan: You’re so right! I try to stick to my happy niche subs, but I get curious to what’s new in the news section and BOOM. Shitty overload.
And I’m glad you both enjoy going to conventions together! D.C. is under a heatwave right now, but it’s supposed to cool down either on Monday or Tuesday.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 05:20:08 )

@Twigg: Thank you <3

@Tsundererra: I told my husband what you said about him joining then I said よろしくお願いします But he declined to join :(
Yeah reddit can make you hate people but then you remember that most are trolls or like 14 year old kids who don't understand.
I'm super glad that Otakon wasn't this weekend. We would be dead. I've been watching the news about the heatwave. Are you in DC now? Also one year at Otakon in Baltimore remember when it was like 104 and then it felt like 116. It was damn hot that year.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 06:09:42 )
@Totalanimefan: わぁ〜残念だ!;A; He’ll always be Totalmangafan to me, even without an account.
I think the worst parts of Reddit are by ignorant adults, though I’m sure there are teenie bopper trolls and Russian bots adding fuel to the hatefest. ): Like the incel subs are all sad, angry, grown men who have volatile thoughts and feels towards women. And I didn’t even know what an incel was until Reddit.
I live 30 minutes from D.C.! :D The heatwave isn’t so different from what you experienced in Baltimore that one time. I think today’s heat index was 115. How is Cali doing in comparison?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 06:40:42 )

@Tsundererra: I knew that you lived near there. I just thought that you were living in Japan right now.
lol I'll tell him of his new name lol
Yes Incel's are some of the most horrible human beings along with T_D people and Troll Bots.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 09:33:25 )
@Totalanimefan: I see I see~ I came back from Japan months ago. I loved my job and the country, but man am I grateful to not have to spend another summer there. Like it’s hot here too, but at least the houses here have insulation and AC that circulates throughout the house. My contract there forbade us from driving, so I had to bike EVERYWHERE and in all types of weather. Happy to have a car again. :’) But yeah, I’m back in the U.S. again~ xD

Ugh, T_D is a whole new level of trash. All the domestic terrorists are grown there. >:T Not sure why they won’t quarantine them like they did the incel sub or ban them like the watchpeopledie sub.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 18:17:15 )

@Tsundererra: yeah it’s so hot in Japan. It’s like Florida without AC lol
I don’t know why either. It’s been asked multiple times too.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I agree that there are many people acting in bad faith on Reddit. Most people dont think about the fact that you are talking to an actual person and some can’t empathize with others.
I think instead of the Russian thing never being as big as we say it is it’s more like it was really big a few years ago and it has since died down. I don’t know if it was because they got banned or the job there is done so they moved on to something else.

And as for Incels are you really going to make me say not all Incels when the subreddit got so bad it was banned? The meaning of Incels has gone from a guy (or a girl) who can’t find a mate to vile people who are misogynistic, self-loathing and feel entitled to sex. There have been 4 different mass shootings that were from people declaring themselves as Incels. A lot of these people need to seek mental help but never will.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 19:17:01 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: My main problem with the Russia thing isn’t that they’re doing the interfering, though that does suck. The big problemo is that our current government gives 0 fucks, and the GOP doesn’t want to do anything to prevent it from happening because they know they need to cheat to win. Without Russia stirring the pot and gerrymandering, the GOP would have a hard time winning the majority.
And I get what you’re saying about over-labeling, especially with the word Nazi. However, I don’t agree with you at all about the label for Incels. For one, it’s a word they proudly self-identify with, and they’re the ones who coined the term. And whenever someone on Reddit gets called out for being an incel, it’s not simply because they said something slightly misogynistic. Incels take misogyny to new heights, and are easily identifiable because they use keywords that non-Incels don’t use.
“Roasties”, “Chad”, “Stacey”, “red pill”, “black pill”, “foid”, “looksmatch” are just a few of the words I learned just from glancing at the incel sub. Another reason I’ve seen people get called out as an incel is if they’re being a douche and people look at their post history and see they frequent the popular incel stomping grounds.

@Totalanimefan: You’re so right about how incels have gone from being men who haven’t had sex/found a partner, to a group that just feeds off each other’s negative thinking. Incels need help, but they’re not going to seek it out. They think women are the problem, not their garbage mentality.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 20:47:56 )

@Tsundererra: I was just going to say that I really like how you worded things. Often I feel like I have an idea or a thought but I don't know how to express it with the written word ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 22:03:44 )

I also wanted to add that I do really like Reddit. I’m on it everyday. I also never go onto the more famous parts of Reddit that are known to bring out the worst in people. I stay in the subbs I like.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 00:06:14 )
@Totalanimefan: I was thinking that you actually worded your argument well! It inspired me to wake my brain up when I was writing my post. xD

@SirLionelNigelConrad: You’re right that using a label aggressively loses its meaning, but I don’t understand how that’s being done with incels. Like I said, I haven’t seen people throwing it out left and right without reason. Like if a man told me that my place in life is to be in the kitchen, not to talk back to my husband, and to take care of my kids, I wouldn’t call him an incel even though he has misogynistic thoughts. Now if a man told me that my place in life is to be my husband’s slave/cumbucket/babymaker/punching bag because I’m a “foid”, which means I’m less than a human (and my value decreases if I’m not a white, underage virgin), then I might question if they’re an incel.
And I know the origins of red/blue/black pill weren’t started with the incels, but they’ve taken it and made it their own. Kinda like how the nazis did with the swastika, or the alt-right did with Pepe.
I don’t really know the origins of the incel movement, but I find it hard to believe it was started by women. I could be wrong since the whole incel world is still new to me. And I’m not saying there aren’t incel women... there definitely are. I think this is something that both men and women feel, but for a majority of women we don’t hold sex like a badge of honor like men do. So if a woman is a virgin past her prime, she might be salty but I doubt she’d let it define her (generally speaking). Now if a man doesn’t have sex in his prime, it eats at him and he questions his masculinity and worth and blah blah blah (also generally speaking). Also, the big big BIG difference between incel males and females is that men are more likely to lash out against the society they feel wronged them. Has there ever been a female mass shooter?

I wholeheartedly agree that it’s dangerous to have the same cookie cutter image for any group of people. The denizens of T_D are making it so hard because even if they aren’t like the tiki torch carrying, Maga hat wearing cliche, they aren’t speaking out against the horrible stuff because it doesn’t affect them. Reminds me of the trump supporter lady I saw on the news during the government shut down who was upset because “he’s not hurting the right people”. They’re complacent until the horrible stuff trickles to them too. ): I miss the old days when we weren’t so visibly divided.

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 00:30:29 )

@Tsundererra: I’m glad. I don’t have much confidence ^^; I do like seeing other people’s opinions

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 00:36:11 )

@bum: thank you <3

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.