Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:11:56 )
Happy 4th of July everyone. !! What's everyone doing today to celebrate? Or not celebrate? What's GOIN ON?!?!
For us, my fiancé and I are just going to find some place close to the ballpark where they set off fireworks. [Cuz I ain't bout to spend money for that] Not really doing much else lol. I wish we could afford some cool big fireworks!!!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:24:54 )

Yes what is going to celebrate? I have no idea why this day is special, i mean it is a thursday.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:28:48 )

Americans are celebrating their independence. History 4th of july

If you google 4th of july, fireworks will show up on your screen.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:33:14 )
I usually go to D.C. to see the fireworks in front of the Lincoln Memorial, but the orange man decided to hijack this yearly event and make it about himself. He brought in tanks and will have fighter jets fly over, and there will be many protesters... so I am staying home.
My city does fireworks not too far from my house, so I will pop outside to look at those.

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:36:43 )

I am Swedish so not really something i concern myself with and besides fireworks are a hazard and shouldn't be used in the summer.

Donator — Bunnies! Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:39:12 )
We have our caregivers off today so I'm taking care of grandma all day. We might be able to hear the fireworks since we're in a valley, but probably can't see them well. Oh well!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 19:44:17 )
We always have a big cul-de-sac party!
Grilling, swimming, karaoke and fireworks that I didn’t pay for! Yasssss(I don’t believe in blowing up my own money, but I’ll absolutely watch other people blow up theirs!) 🤣

I hope my little one will be able to enjoy the fireworks this year! We’ve had to spend it inside with the other littles for the past few years because the noise is too scary.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:14:47 )

I don’t know totally what our plans are.
Clean
Pickup friends from airport at 7
???
Profit?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:27:42 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

I'm working

And hoping like hell the predicted thunderstorms roll through so people leave and we don't end up so hammered

Put ya guns awn!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:45:20 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Yeah over here you can buy fireworks without a problem but you have to be educated to set them of in towns but it isn't really enforced in places other than student towns which is unfortunate.
Over where i live Sveriges nationaldag isn't really very celebrated, you maybe put a small flag on your food table, you maybe drink some snaps and you maybe bother putting up the Swedish flag on your flagpole, it is mostly just a red day and not really something to celebrate.
Maybe becuase i live in Skåne a state that hasn't always belonged to sweden?

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:46:57 )
@Tsundererra: oh wow xD orange man bad. Orange man very bad. That sounds really lame. People wanna see fireworks!!! >_< I can't wait for a new president. Lol

@Monorea: that is true about them being a hazard lol... a lot of dumb people during this event for sure. They do have some limitations on where and when you are to use them. But, not so strictly enforced where I am..xD last year I actually had a small firework misfire and it hit me in the chest. Had a little burn for a day or two. Lol

@Mousy: that sounds like a lot of fun! I wantedto grill but I'm broke af. So I just settle for watching some fireworks :P my pup gets spooked of them too, lol. >_<

@Totalanimefan: well I hope ya have fun with your friends and whatnot :')

@Kitalpha Hart: oh noes! I'll send positive energy your way. Always sucks to work on holidays!

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:49:04 )
@Bioshock: that's always good too. We are having a pretty laid back day too, just taking it easy. Gonna watch some fireworks and then go and eat some pizza at home :P

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:59:02 )

@Laufeia: There even are some idiots that fire fireworks directly at cops during celebrations, it is sad that there is so much that police can't enforce and there are so many groups of people that doesn't respect restrictions or laws.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Like i said we mostly do fireworks during new years and i don't really have a big installation in a convenient distance around where i live and then there is almost always cloudy on new years so the neighbors ones are very muted. I also tend to stay in and take care of the dogs since they do get scared.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 20:59:16 )
@Bioshock: correct. Unless it has anchovies on it... or ketchup...

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 21:05:06 )
@Bioshock: lmao, ik. The local pizza place offers it on their pizzas. They have a cheeseburger pizza, so idk if it's for that or? Not really sure what you would pair that with. They put like a big ketchup swirl on the top. Mmmmm.......

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 21:05:55 )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOdDgWPE79WUgIT2sIKsMHQ
Ketchup on everything was an advertisment the felix brand did for a while over here.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 22:11:05 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

my only plans are art plans lol
my family doesn't really celebrate 4th of july.

Donator — Whatever Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 22:14:34 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

@Laufeia: woohoo rain
Now for some thunder and lightning, that'll kill the park population and make it less of a pain to deal with

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 22:58:12 )
@MoodyBats: lol my family doesn’t either I just like going to see the pretty fireworks ^_^ 🎆🎆🎆
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/4 23:30:38 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Laufeia: i suppose i am just not that
interested in the fire works lol

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.