Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Sooo, I got profiled today. XD;;

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 18:10:28 )
I was going around town, as usual. The only difference was that I was wearing a bit “edgier” clothing than usual.

All of these people know me. XDD;; Yet, they were so easily swayed.

“I confess myself.... disappointed.” ~ Voldemort

Have you ever been treated differently because of what you wore?
What was it that triggered the difference in behavior?

Enquiring minds want to know. XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 18:29:08 )
    Omg :/ are you OK?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 18:43:37 )
They were following me around, and basically being shady AF. I guess wearing gothier clothing makes you a criminal.

...Never mind that I was looking at vintage 80’s toys. XD;; LOLOL

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 18:46:34 )
Not exactly profiled, but when I had short hair, really short hair, I'd be confused for a guy. I don't exactly dress that feminine. ^^'

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:26:31 )
@LordLucre: Haha, I would love it if that happened more often to me. XDD;;

Them: Excuse me, Miss?
Me: /deeper voice/ ........Can I help you?
Them: Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry!

My life =_=;;; on the daily

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:29:13 )
@Kozi: That actually happened to a friend of mine! x'D He has this really long hair, like down to his whole back and when my group was walking around a mall, a lady from a makeup kiosk went up to him to offer him samples. The moment he turned around, she kept apologizing to him.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:31:27 )
@LordLucre: Half of the time, I take them up on it anyway, since they always look so uncertain. XDD;;

Or I just go "Gay guy. You're fine. LOL whatchu gots"

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:34:26 )

I am extremely boring with my clothes so i am not really treated differently for that.
Even if you arent gay some people could use a little makup or nailpolish.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:36:44 )
I wasn't profiled by what I wore, but more by what I drove.

I had a dark impala with some pretty significant rims and tinted windows and was in a racist part of East Texas.
I was driving back to my university one night for a sorority meeting and got pulled over. The officer was visibly shocked to see a tiny white girl roll down the window. He asked if I knew why he'd pulled me over, I told him that I didn't.
This part of town was also notorious for pulling you over for going over the speed limit just a little, so you drive just under the limit. He fumbled for a second and checked my insurance and license and told me that my back license plate light was out. I told him thank you for letting me know and we went on our merry way.

I got to my meeting at the school and my back license plate light was absolutely working.

I had called my husband (an African American male) right after I'd been pulled over and he told me I'd been profiled. We both got pulled over several times in that car for no reason. No tickets given. Just random made up warnings. One of which was that my factory headlights were too bright. so dumb.

We've since sold the car and moved away from east Texas.

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:37:11 )
@Kozi: xD I would have gladly taken the free samples.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:41:36 )
@Mousy: That is complete BS. For a car, really? D: WTF
Sounds like a pretty sick looking car, though, if you got profiled for it. XD;;
I would have loved to be there to see that officer's face when you rolled the window down. PRICELESS

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:52:34 )
@kozi: It's so dumb. Like if I was speeding, yeah man, pull me over! But dang... Just because my car looks some kind of way, you think I'm up to no good? That's ridiculous.

It was a fantastic car, but it wasn't worth it.

I bought a big red truck after the car. I didn't get pulled over in it once- even in that same town. XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:57:45 )

@Mousy: From a cool car to a red truck that must have been an annoying choice to make.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 20:05:48 )
Yeah, but you can carry more with a truck, though. XD

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 20:10:23 )

Why would you need to carry a lot on a regular basis?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 20:18:00 )
@monorea: I actually really enjoyed both vehicles! The car made me feel cool and it looked really nice. The truck made me feel safer because I was higher up and people think twice about darting in front of a large truck. The truck also had seat warmers. 🤣

My husband’s job required him to haul stuff pretty regularly. So it was nice to have a truck for that.

@kozi: I thought of another situation where I was profiled, but this time it was based on how I looked!

I was trying to buy a mattress and people in furniture stores wouldn’t even acknowledge my existence because I look young and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Sometimes I was the ONLY customer in the store. They basically assumed I didn’t have any money and was just playing around. I wanted a new bed dang it! That would have been a great sale! I wound up buying from a woman who treated me like I was a person as soon as I walked in. I told her that and she was like “look, idk what you’ve got in your pockets! I’m here to make money!” 🤣🤣
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 20:22:23 )

@Mousy: Seat warmers are so nice in the winter, turn them up to max and just melt away while the frost clings to your car windows.
Customer service is fairly important here in Sweden at least where i live, people like those would just be fired.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 21:56:15 )

Males with long hair is too rare, it looks good most often so why not.
Also explosives check? Where and why?

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/30 19:38:07 )
So far I've been lucky and have been having pleasant interactions with strangers recently. Watch me jinx it lmao. The only bad experience where I was being watched and followed, that I can think of rn, is when I was 16 and this lady thought that me and my friends were going to steal jewelry so she stood right by us and didn't break eye contact then followed up around lmao.
call me grem
they/them

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/5 15:47:06 )
People often think I'm a boy or an emo, 'cause of the clothes I wear. I don't get any serious issues other than a few comments, but it makes me sad when people are harassed, stereotyped and stuff. /Hugs errybody.

Come chill at The Treehouse or visit my Item Trading Thread!
[Pixels by Ghost & DragonicKittens!]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.