Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Neither Living nor Dead

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 22:59:46 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"But no one knows what it is that it was meant to do specifically... that really can be dangerous." Kiah agreed with a light sigh.

"At least if it had a known use, instead of just a speculation, then there would be a way to police it better, in theory? I dunno." She admitted.

"Regardless, it's done." Miki added as she looked in the direction of where they left Casey.

"Hope she's all right." She added.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 23:15:39 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash just sighed.

"Right." he said.

"Let's go." he told them.

"And fair warning, there's going to be a mess of broken statue and stagnant blood in there." he then said further.

"Just prepare your senses for that." he finished, as they stepped through the door.

"Casey, you all right?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 23:25:28 )

Miki just leaned against the doo rafter they all left.

"I am not going there. That place is a nightmare for me." She added. Gemini was the one who seemed to clue in fastest.

"Oh... any blood droplet would get you, wouldn't it?" She asked. Miki just nodded.

"Yep."

"well, stay behind then." Kiah commeted. "The last thing we need is you shutting do--- wait. What?"

"Yeah... see, visions of the torture tehy sustained for so long is NOT fun to witness." Miki stated.

"So they were tortured.... damn. I was hoping that it wasn't that way, to be honest." Kiah admitted with a sigh

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 23:55:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hope is often the denial of reality." Illias replied.

"...didn't mean that to be as dark and depressing as it sounded." he then added quickly.

Ash meanwhile, sighed as he saw the mess of stagnant blood and statue shards on the floor. He looked over towards Gregory, who seemed to be holding a transparent white orb in one of his hands.

".....hm." he mumbled.

"Casey?" he asked, looking towards the woman in question that had done the deed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 23:59:12 )

Casey just waved before taking the gauntlet off and sighing.

"This place smells absolutely vile." She commented. That proved that she wasn't rendered mute, nor deaf at the moment, but then again Ash had a good idea, as she had, as to what would happen to her.

"It really does..." Kiah agreed as she covered her mouth and nose. Gemini, meanwhile, looked over to Gregory.

"The soul?" She asked the reaper

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 00:18:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just sighed, and threw the orb onto the floor, the shape turning into a male that looked... worse for the wear.

"There he is." he said.

"......." the soul was silent, looking around.

"What...? What's going on?" he asked.

"Where am I? What happened!?" he asked further, seeming to grow more and more agitated.

"Shut it." Gregory said, bopping him atop the head with the blunt end of his scythe.

"They got questions for you." he told him, gesturing to the group.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 02:52:36 )

"You were a statue that was murdering people." Kiah started bluntly, "How'd that happen?" It was a simple question, but it was one that would get them at least a start for good information.

In theory, at least. If he didn't know, that'd be a different story, and they'd have to dig a bit, but at least this was a direct inquiry.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 03:44:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" the soul was silent, before he collapsed to his knees.

"Because I failed her." he said.

"I... failed her. I was no longer useful." he went on, burying his face in his hands.

"....wait..." he then muttered, seeming to realize something.

"I'm... I'm... I'm free!" he exclaimed.

"I'M FINALLY FREE!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 03:50:03 )

"Her?" Gemini asked.

"Who is her?" She followed up with after a few seconds. It wasn't the souil that answered that question though. It was Casey.

"Vanessa Encrae." She answered after a few seconds.

"Right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 04:26:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......y-yes." the soul replied.

"It was her." he confirmed.

"She... she trapped so many people..." he went on.

"So many people..." he repeated, before shaking his head.

"Well, you ARE free now." Gregory said.

"How long were you IN there?" Ash then asked.

"What is the date?" the man asked in response. When he was given the answer, he seemed to freeze.

"....over 200 years ago..." he said quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 06:31:42 )

"200? I ... actually expected it to have been longer." Kiah admitted.

"Do you... have any information about her plans? Or anything that could help put a stop to her hell on earth?" She asked, her voice kind, but still desiring information. Meanwhile, Casey just made her way to a chair and sat down, figuring there was no reason for her to stay on her feet for the moment, and her head was starting to hurt a bit. As she sat down, she set the gauntlet on the table beside her with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 06:49:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... don't know." he admitted.

"I only know where her base is." he said. "Or was." he went on.

"She DOES move bases fairly often, to avoid being found." Ash lamented.

"What I DO know is that she's made great stride in her goals. She may be closer to success than anybody realises." he continued, before looking away.

"And she's been testing and developing an invulnerability serum." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 06:54:25 )

"Invulnerability?" Kiah asked.

"What does she need that for?" She then followed up with after a second.

"Assuming you know, of course." She paused a moment to let him answer, if he could. She wasn't sure if he had the information or not, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 07:06:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....she fears very little." the man responded.

"But she DOES fear dying at the hands of her sister." he added.

"....only a drow can kill another drow..." Ash muttered.

"Yes." the man said.

"She wishes to fear nothing in life. She wishes to be truly unstoppable."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 07:12:54 )

"So she's trying to prevent that from happening..." Casey said from where she sat before sighing.

"That's lovely." She muttered.

"Seems to be more crucial we get in the way." After a few seconds, she sighed lightly, again.

"Yo, Ash. You can take this thing." She motioned to the gauntlet.

"I dunno if you have any other statues to hunt out or not."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 07:31:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash took the gauntlet, and sighed.

"We do." he replied.

"We're down to single digits, though!" he then added.

"Oh, good!" Illias responded.

"Right then." Gregory muttered, stepping up to the man.

"It's time to pass on to judgement. If you're lucky, this bit of help will get you to avoid hell." he said further, before the soul started to fade away.

"One more thing..." the man suddenly said. "I learned something while out gathering information for her when I was still alive..." he continued.

"Beware... an ancient evil is stirring..." he got out, before he faded into nothingness.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 08:00:13 )

They made theri way inside, quietly, but froze after they did.

"I..." She started, looking around at the room they found themselves in. There was a statue in the far corner of the room, and ocne they spot it, they made sure one or the other was watching it, and only it.

"ty, watch the statue. You can survive, I can't." She said with a degree of authority to her voice, which he'd gotten quite used to over the time that they had been hunting these things out.

"Sure thing, Sher--- Sydney." Ty responded, having to stop himself part way. She'd told him not to call her that, she'd told him to use her name. It was just not his natural or first reaction.

As he settled in to watch the statue so it didn't snap either of their necks, Sydney looked around the room, finding it... rather interesting and odd. IT looked like the room of a lunatic. There was writing all over the walls, the room was a sauna with zero air flow, and the windows were completely blocked off. There was tape that had been sealing the door shut as well, and as far as she could tell... there wasn't a closet. Or if there was, then it was blocked off and sealed up in a way that couldn't be easily spot quickly.

".... wow..." She muttered before shaking her head.

"Looks like a nutjob was saying here." She then said.

"Anyway. Let's destroy this thing." She added as she stepped up to it. They'd agreed she'd be the one that was destroying this one while he stood watch.

After the deed was done, it meant that they could both fully take in what they saw in the room, and how it looked like it had been ransacked, along with the home for a nutjob of some sort.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 08:22:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....great." Ty muttered.

"This thing smells as rotten as stagnant as the rest of them, but now the stench is trapped in a hotbox." he commented.

"Lovely." he mumbled further, before sighing and looking around.

"Anyway, you say 'nutjob', but let's narrow it down even further." he said. "This looks like the place of someone that's obsessed with something or someone, or a conspiracy theorist." he continued.

"Not that those two types of individuals are exclusive from a nutjob, but you get my point." he then added.

"....what's all this about a pen and book?" he suddenly asked.

"There's a LOT of scribblings and chicken scratch here, but I'm seeing those words a LOT."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 10:30:18 )

Sydney was silent for a moment before looking to Ty.

". . . . that... may be a bad omen." She stated before starting to get a closer look at the scrawlings that were everywehre.

"Because... I can only think of one pen and book combo. And tey are not friendly."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/22 21:30:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh?" Ty responded.

"Care to share?" he asked, before noticing something else.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"The word 'fate' seems to be scrawled around a lot, but that might not be anything new." he said. "Obsessed people oftentimes believe in fate." he reasoned.

"...but it IS written down a LOT..." he then admitted.

"Hm." he repeated, as he continued to search the area, waiting for Sydney to respond, if she would.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.