Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Neither Living nor Dead

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 04:53:52 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Kiah just sighed.

"That's what I was afraid of." She comented.

"Do you know if this is the work of a certain elf?" She asked.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 05:16:14 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"No." Gregory replied.

"But I have a sneaking suspicion." he said.

"We'll find out for sure once you get that soul out of that prison." he then told them.

"Right." Illias said.

"Who's gonna do it?" he asked.

"I think we had Sydney Sherwood, Ash Fyrane, Miki, and Azazel out there getting the other ones." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 05:22:32 )

"Getting?" Casey asked.

"I thought Ash said that he and Sydney were grabbing an artefact and destroying them." She added, making Kiah pause.

"Wait, artefact...?" She asked. "Do you know which one?" Casey shook her head after a few seconds.

"Ohhh, damn. That could be... problematic." Kiah commented with a light sigh before looking to Gregory.

"Oh behalf of NOT having my great aunt lose her shit again... tell me. Is Ash using an atefact that is going to do mroe damage to his soul than the bloody rune would?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 05:56:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Getting, destroying, same thing." Illias replied.

"Well... the way I meant it, anyway." he then added. "I realise I COULD have worded that better, in hindsight." he then admitted sheepishly.

Gregory just sighed.

"No." he said to Kiah.

"Its drawback is... sensory deprivation, I believe." he told her. "And they've been spreading it around to the 4 of them so it's lessened just that little bit." he said further.

"So no, his soul is fine." he continued.

"...well... as fine as a soul drenched in that curse can be, anyway." he added with a shrug.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 05:59:00 )

Kiah just sighed, but didn't look the most impressed at the mention of the curse as it was, but didn't really have a huge issue with it. She knew it was true.

"Regardless, at least he's all right." She then said.

"In theory, anyway."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 06:32:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"In theory." Gregory said.

"So who should we get?" Illias asked.

"Like... who is more convenient? Azazel? Miki? They DO work here." he reasoned.

"Just so long as it's soon." Gregory commented.

"I have work to do, and can't spend TOO long here." he told them.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 06:35:31 )

Casey just put her hands up slightly.

"I'm out of this discussion,. I have no damned clue." She commented with a light chuckle. "I'd be aboslutely useless."

"Sadly, I'd agree." Kiah commented before pausing.

"As for who.... doubt contact is going to be necessary, and Azazel definitely would be more useful, most likely, with the others, so I'll call Miki." She then said as she grabbed her cell off of a table it ahd been lightly tossed onto. After a quick phone call, she set it back where it was.

"She'll be here within a couple minutes. She's getting a quick lift here via Sydney."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 06:57:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias was quiet, and just looked away.

Gregory leaned against a wall, and looked at the statue.

"....mmhmm." he mumbled.

"What?" Illias asked.

"A fate worse than hell, that is." was all the reaper said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 07:27:03 )

"I don't doubt it." Kiah said with a light sigh.

"I really wouldn't want to be in a situation like that, either." She added with a small shudder.

"At least the one I know that can do that... well, this ain't really a risk. Helena likes me." She fiunished with, with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 07:42:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias just looked away.

"I'm aware how horrible my kind can be." he said.

"We were hunted to the point of almost extinction, and I can see why." he went on.

"And yes. She does." he then added.

"Helena?" Gregory asked, as a snake popped up from underneath Illias' hair.

"Helena." Illias said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 07:45:50 )

"The.... bossiest of his snakes." Kiah commented with a light laugh.

"He doesn't have many, admittedly." She then said.

"Which.... might actually be a good thing. Something tells me he wouldn't have lived to make his way here otherwise..." She admitted with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 08:06:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Gorgons have evolved over the years to survive." Gregory said.

"They've gone from a full head of nothing but snakes, to what this kid is." he went on, gesturing at Illias.

"From what I recall, the snakes are less numerous, but more potent." he continued. "And easier to hide." he said further.

"Basically, to go all 'nature documentary', they've gone from apex front-like hunters, to ambush predators." he finished with a small shrug.

"...that's... exactly right." Illias said.

"I've been around a long time." Gregory told him.

"When you've seen as much as I have, you retain most of it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 08:16:44 )

Casey just chuckled lightly.

"Ain't that the truth." She said. Itw asn't a question, despite how one might think it should be.

"Mom's had... a fair bit to say since working with you about everything that gets packed into her head."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 08:26:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mmhmm." Gregory muttered.

"Comes with the job." he told her.

"....the reaper is a job?" Illias asked.

"Mm." Gregory muttered.

"There's a lot about the afterlife that people don't know, even if they think they do." he said.

"I... see." Illias mumbled.

"Heh." Gregory chuckled, grinning slightly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 08:46:40 )

"Wait, hold on.' Casey started before looking toward Ilias.

"You're... a gorgon?" She asked, seeming to just realise what it was that had come up in conversation.

"He is." a new voice said from the doorway.

"Sorry about the delay. Apparently the elevator is down and I had to use the stairs to get down here. And that's a trek and a half."

"Oh! Hey Miki. And yeah... I probably should have given you a heads up for the. Sorry." Kiah commented, looking over toward the brunette.

"Eh, it just meant you were waiting for me for longer is all." Miki said with ashrug as she made her way over to them and stuck her hands in her pockets.

"All right, so what's the deal?" She asked. "You didn't give me much information on the phone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 20:59:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory was the one to speak up.

"They want me to detain the soul that's trapped in this statue for questioning." he said.

"And you're supposedly one that can break it." he continued. "So if you could get on that, I'll see what the one inside has to say to you all." he finished.

Illias just sighed.

"That's it in a nutshell." he confirmed.

"Can you help us?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 23:11:24 )

"Oh, yeah." Miki answered with a nod.

"I can do that." She added.

"You guys might wanna clear out though. It's a bit on the messy side." She commented.

"Although I gotta get something that I can use to actually, y'know, destroy it."

"Oh right, Ash mentioned that you guys were using an artefact." Casey commented.

"Yup. And there's only the one." Miki added with a light shrug.

"And it's in use. Not sure how we're going to do this, admittedly. regular sledgehammers and the like really don't do anything."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 23:34:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Gregory just sighed.

"Of course." he muttered.

"Can't... well, I mean... wait, I thought... that pretty much all the other statues had been destroyed already?" Illias said, sounding confused.

"And can't we get him here, or at least get the artefact here quickly?" he asked.

Kiah knew of a way, as did Miki... but it revolved around Ash being okay with Hal bringing him there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/20 23:58:36 )

"Yeah, I know. He's got mana that can get him anywhere in the world in an instant." Miki commented before shrugging and pulling her cell out of her pocket. she dialed a number, after getting it from Casey, and called.

"Hey Ash?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's Miki. Look, you guys done with the statue that you were dealing with there?" She asked.

"Cool. Bring the damned thing to the Unit, hey? Got one here." After a few seconds she nodded.

"Yeah. Just bring it here. We're in the lab. I'll meet you at the entrance and walk with you down here." With that, the phone call was ended and she turned to leave. With a simple 'back in a couple minutes' she headed off to the entrance to meet Ash when he arrived.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 00:20:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she left, Gregory shook his head.

"I should be complaining more." he said.

"But truth be told, I'm glad for the little break." he admitted.

"...you didn't hear that from me, though." he then added quietly, looking around some.

Meanwhile, as Miki made here way to the security check, she saw Ash and Jake talking to each other.

"...and you have clearance for the artefact?" Jake asked, motioning to the black and red gauntlet he was holding.

"More or less." Ash replied, which caused Jake to raise an eyebrow.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.