Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Neither Living nor Dead

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 01:22:02 )
Staff Memo:
This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

She was silent as she listened to what was said. She wasn't paying complete attention, due to how she could feel her mana reacting to... Something. She had no idea what it was that it was reacting too, but knew that there was something.

"Yeah, I completely understand." She said with a soft smile.

"Anyway, I gotta go check on the oils here. I'll meet up with you later. Say hello to Sally for me, will you?" She said with a smile. They agreed, bid her farewell, before continuing down the hall while she made her way into the room.

As she turned on the lights though, she froze. What she saw in the middle fo the floor was not what she wanted to see, or what she'd expected.

Her assistant, a sweet teen of 17 that went by the name of Mason, was lying in the middle of the floor. Dead.

She didn't scream, didn't move (as she knew she couldn't contaminate the scene, she'd watched enough tv for that) and just pulled her phone out of her pocket. She quickly dialed a number, calling this in. She just found a dead body - and she didn't need to get any closer to see that his neck was snapped pretty severely - and the authorities needed to be contacted as a result.

After that was done, she called her other half. He needed to know that she'd be quite late getting home because of this.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 02:30:48 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

When she called, she was left waiting for about 4 seconds, before it was answered, and when it WAS answered, her other half sounded rather exhausted.

And she could guess as to why.

Her other half, Lindsay, was a man that loved working out. Not because he enjoyed having a muscular body, but more because he genuinely liked it. He was an intellectual man, but he also believed that a healthy mind rested in a healthy body, and it made him feel good to do more than just sit and read.

As such, he had his own little gym area in the basement of the manor they inherited from his mother, and shared with his brother and sister-in-law. Inside it contained mostly weights and punching bags, but it had a treadmill as well, among other things.

He had just finished a set with the heavier weights, and was catching his breath, when his cell phone went off. He saw it was his wife calling, and quickly answered it.

"Hey, Casey." he greeted her when he did.

"Something up?" he asked. "I hadn't expected to hear from you for at least another couple of hours." he then commented, wiping his brow with a towel and gulping down a drink of water from a bottle that was sitting nearby.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 02:36:35 )

"Sorry to interrupt, Lindsay." She started before sighing lightly. He could hear the weight in her voice as she sat down on a chair that was against the wall in the room she was in.

"But I'll be .. probably home really late, if not tomorrow." She told him simply, honestly, and quite plainly. There was no way for her to know what it was that he'd expect with that, what would be going through his head, but she knew she couldn't leave it at just that.

"Lindsay.... Mason's dead. Someone killed him." She added.

"I found his body. Authorities are already on their way here." She paused a moment.

"Also... I'm recording this, just... so that they know I wasn't saying anything... unsavoury, or whatever. If that makes sense."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 03:17:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lindsay was silent for a moment, processing the information.

"Oh, no..." he then said.

"Not Mason... he was so young..." he went on.

"I... Casey, just be careful." he told her. "We don't know if they'll come for you next, whoever they are." he then warned Casey.

"Let me know if there's anything I can do to help." he continued.

"I'm not sure there IS, given the circumstances, but let me know if I can do anything."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 03:46:33 )

"Yeah... I know. I'll be careful." Casey assured him.

"At least the room is recorded. I have no idea if there will be any issues to me regarding this, and I mean of a legal variety... But maybe. I wanted to give you a heads up regardless." She said, her voice weighted, as was expected.

"I'll talk to you later, Lindsay. Love you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 04:02:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Love you, too." Lindsay replied.

With that, their call was ended, and he found himself staring at the phone.

"....I did not expect something like this to happen." he said.

"Sure, her gallery showings are big events, but she has no enemies... and Mason shouldn't have had any, either." he reasoned, mulling it over.

"This makes no sense." he went on.

"Unless this was just an indiscriminate chaos kill." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 06:06:13 )

Casey had been held overnight, until the security footage was able to be checked. When she was sent home, a friend gave her a ride, claiming that she had a lead to check on. The general consensus was that there was a magician or something doing this, that it was an elaborate set up because they knew of the cameras - which kept Casey in the running - but she was let go for the moment due to lack of proper proof.

She dropped an exhausted Casey off before heading to the one place she might be able to find answers.

Once there, she knocked on the door and waited, hoping he would be home. When the door was answered, she sighed.

"Hey Rocky, is Vincent in? I need to speak with him." She asked.

"Uh... Yeah. I think he's in his study. Go ahead and go check yourself, you know where it is, right?" Rocky answered. She nodded before being let inside and making her way to the room in question. Once there, she knocked on the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 06:21:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man in question was, indeed, in his study. However, he wasn't currently absorbed in his usual stack of books... but there was a good reason for that.

He was taking a small break from it, sitting in the small circle of comfortable chairs in the area, a mug of tea in his hands.

He looked over to the door when he heard the knock, and sighed.

"Come in!" he called out, flicking his wrist and causing the door to swing open slowly. Those that knew him knew why... his control of wind was amazing, from violent windstorms, to localized tornadoes, to gentle breezes.

"Oh!" he said when he saw who it was.

"Averie, do come in and have a seat." he offered the woman.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 06:26:02 )

She sighed before stepping in.

"Sadly, this isn't a social call, Vincent." She said after a couple of seconds.

"It's an inquiry as to whether or not this is something you know of." She paused a moment, let out a breath, before continuing.

"Casey is suspected as having a hand in someone's murder. Is it possible for statues to come alive?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 06:56:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." Vincent was silent as Averie asked her question.

"I..." he stammered.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"It's... I've never heard of such a thing." he admitted.

"I know of ways for statues to become... well... 'animated', but even then, they're limited to VERY simple and basic movement." he continued.

"Why do you ask?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 07:00:51 )

Averie paused as Vincent completely bypassed the fact that she said that Casey was a person of interest, to put it lightly. She assumed it wasn't because he didn't care, but most likely because shed then asked about the statutes.

Although if he'd paid attention, his question would have been pretty easy for him to answer himself.

"because one had been recorded snapping a kids neck." She answered bluntly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 07:21:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent leaned forward, putting the mug down, pressing his fingers together, and staring forward... hard.

"Well." he said.

"I will say it right now, Casey doing such a thing is unheard of." he told her sternly.

"I refuse to believe she had ANY hand in it." he went on.

"But you have actual recorded footage... of a statue... snapping someone's neck?" he asked.

"And this is 100% what the camera caught?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 07:39:13 )

Averie nodded.

"It is. Completely and utterly. I'd play the footage for you to see yourself if I wouldn't get it o seriously shit." She commented with a sigh

"Regardless, you don't know of anything that would cause that?" She asked with another sigh, and a bit of a heaviness to her voice

"Do you at least have avenues to check down? Ones that I don't, that is." She asked after a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 08:04:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent nodded.

"I do." he replied.

"This... there's something about this situation that's ringing a vague bell of familiarity in my mind, but for the life of me, I cannot clear the fog that's obscuring it." he then told her.

"It's rather frustrating." he admitted.

"But I DO have some channels that I can go through." he assured her.

"I'll let you know if I find anything out." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 08:16:23 )

Averie nodded.

"Thank you, Vincent." She said after a couple of seconds.

"If you can find anything, it'd be the best scenario. Especially since I'm reasonably sure that Casey doesn't have the strength to snap someone's neck, let alone anything else."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 08:25:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent nodded.

"She does not." he confirmed.

"And... she doesn't kill people." he then said.

He then paused for a moment, thinking about something, before shaking his head.

"Regardless, I'll see what I can dig up." he told her.

"And I hope this gets cleared up soon." he went on. "Casey does NOT need to be embroiled in this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 10:24:19 )

Some time later, a couple of days or so, Hollie sighed as she made her way to where she was meeting someone for lunch. She had no idea what it was that was to be expected here, she knew that bringing up something work related really wasn't the best idea when they met for lunch, but she also knew that she had to

She kept running into walls. Nothing she had anywhere had anything akin to this in the records.

So she was going to bring it up with one person she was sure could help.

At the moment she was sitting at a table at a cafe, waiting for him. She had arrived early, as was usual.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 21:16:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After waiting for a little while, the man in question showed up.

He smiled when he saw her, sitting down across from her.

"Early, as usual." he commented, before noticing her expression, and narrowing his eyes.

"...and I can tell that something's on your mind." he said.

"Anything I can help with?" he asked her.

"Or is this a case where 'helping' is the equivalent to 'doing nothing'?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 22:40:50 )

Hollie just sighed as he asked his question.

"Hal... Vincent recently told me of something going on back home for him." She started. He could tell she didn't really want to bring it up with him, but it was a case of she really did need to say it to someone... and he could theoretically help.

"Apparently there are statues snapping people's necks." She stated bluntly.

"Know anything of that? I have zero records in my files or anything about anything akin to that."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/3 23:11:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Hal was silent as she said all she did.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"I DO seem to recall something about that." he said.

"If I recall, I heard some of my employees talking about something like that a while ago." he told her.

"I'll try and remember who, and then ask them about it." he went on.

"...it's all I can offer right now, though. Sorry." he then apologized.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.