Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Neither Living nor Dead

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 00:22:55 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"Yeah, we have clearance." Miki stated.

"We were working with the Triad itself with it." She added.

"So let him in. We're needed in the lab."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 00:41:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over towards Miki, before pressing the button.

"In ya go, then." he said.

Ash just sighed, and walked through the door, greeting Miki as he did so.

"Yo." he said quietly.

"All right, let's go." he said.

"I have no friggin' idea where I'm going." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 00:44:05 )

"That's why I'm here." Miki commented before waving to Jake and heading off with Ash.

They walked through the halls, not talking because neither really had anything to say, before they reached the lab. She led him in and over to the others.

"All right, got him." She said simply.

"That was... pretty fast. I'm not even sure Sharp could have gotten him here faster to be honest." Kiah commented with a chuckle.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 00:52:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hey, I can be fast." Ash responded.

"Anyway, I assume that's the statue?" he asked, gesturing to the statue in question.

"It is." Illias replied.

"All right, let's do thi-" Ash started to say, before he paused suddenly.

"....what is it?" Illias asked.

"Ahhh hell." Ash growled, thumping his ear with his palm.

"That buzzing noise is returning, louder than before."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 03:03:25 )

Miki just sighed.

"You were the one who took out the last, weren't you?" She asked. When he nodded, she just held a hand out.

"Gimme the gauntlet. We agreed no one does two in a row." She stated simply.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 03:54:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent, and sighed.

"Yeah, yeah." he said.

"Here." he told her, handing her the gauntlet.

"Damn it, it's fun to activate that thing." he then mumbled, before wincing noticeably.

"...not fun when THAT flares up." he added, thumping his ear again.

"It makes you lose your hearing?" Illias asked.

"The sensory loss is different from person to person." Gregory replied. "But it will generally rob you of your most precious sense." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 05:38:42 )

"Yeah, not fun." Miki stated as she accepted the gauntlet and slid it on.

"But hey, we agreed no two in a row strictly so that there is less of an issue for any one person." She added, flexxing her hand slightly to make sure that the positioning and whatnot was good. She was about to head over before pausing as she heard her name.

"wait." Casey said.

"How many have you destroyed with that, and as a result, how much of the effect do you have?" Casey asked.

". . . " Miki was silent ebfore Kiah just sighed lightly.

"Just answer her. Casey's one that won't give up." The alchemist stated. Miki just rolled her eyes.

"Greyscale, dark and rather fuzzy." Miki answered. Casey just sighed before holding a hand out.

"Give it here. Let's get fresh meat in doing it, leaving you two off the hook for the moment." Miki just quirked an eyebrow before looking over to Ash, since he knew the artist better than she did.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 05:57:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ohhhhhh no." Ash replied.

"No, no, no, no." he said.

"The first hit of that is the big one. Each subsequent use is minor in comparison." he told Casey. "...for the most part..." he mumbled.

"Listen, we can take it more than you can. Not to downplay your skills or anything." he then said.

"But you can't just decide that you're going to temporarily cripple yourself, just to prevent us from getting that LIIIITLE bit MORE temporarily crippled." he continued.

He then paused for a moment, and sighing heavily.

"Buuuuuuuut this is something you're going to be stubborn on, I'm guessing, so for the sake of not drawing this out any longer than it needs to be... just... fine, do it." he grumbled.

"But do NOT blame ME when you suddenly find yourself unable to do commissions for clients."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 05:59:33 )

Casey just laughed.

"Ash. This is the perfect excuse I've been looking for." She stated simply, and plainly.

"Wait, what?" Kiah asked, her voice curious, and a bit surprised.

"Long story short, I've been swamped and need a break. This will do it and I won't feel guilty about it." Casey responded with. Miki just sighed as she looked to Ash.

"You sure Ash?" She asked him.

"Because I'll stop this dumb move if you say so." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 06:24:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"YOU don't have to live with her." Ash replied.

"She seems to know what this will do to her, and if I stand in the way, I'll suffer the consequences in so many little ways that it'll be miserable for me." he lamented.

"This way it'll just be my brother pissed off at me, and even while deaf, I can take him on." he said flippantly.

"So... you know what, let's let the kitty see the power of the gauntlet." he went on, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Just remember what they say about cats and curiosity, Casey." he then warned Casey.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 06:32:27 )

Casey just smirked.

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction certainly brought it back." She stated simply as Miki just sighed and handed the gauntlet over.

"All right then." was all the demon stated simply.

"Also, just so you know, with the gauntlet on, just lay your hand on the statute." Miki then continued, giving Casey the information so she didn't toally screw this up and hurt herself.

"Once your hand is on it, holding it, whatever... just concentrate on the idea of destroying it. The gauntlet will react and ... well.. do its thing. It's quite a sight to see, but we might want to be in another room because it's messy... and rancid."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 06:53:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yup." Ash confirmed.

"I can stay." Gregory said.

"Regardless, get the one that's staring at it to stop staring at it, so they can leave and Casey can do the deed." Ash told everyone.

"And Casey, as usual, make sure you're staring at it until the cracks start to form." he then told Casey.

"Once that happens, it's immobile... for the most part. It can still move, just REALLY sluggishly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 07:00:09 )

"I'll go get Gemini." Kiah said before heading off with Casey. After a few seconds, Kiah returned with the one that was staring at the statue, and looking a bit unsettling, but not exactly scary.

"Hey Gemini. All good?" Kiah asked.

"Yup. That thing didn't move while I was there. It's one thing I'm good for." Gemini answered with a nod, her almost perfect features not betraying any emotion. As they spoke, Ash was able to get a really good look at her, and how it seemed her very skin was porcelain.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 07:23:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was silent for a moment, raising an eyebrow.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"What is it?" Illias asked him.

"Oh, nothing." Ash replied.

"Just... I've been alive for a bit, and I've seen a LOT in this world." he then said. "But you're something new to me." he told Gemini.

"I've never seen one like yourself before."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 07:28:27 )

"I'm... a one of a kind as far as I know." Gemini commented.

"Mana mess when I was a kid kinda fucked my biology up." She added with a light shrug.

"Didn't kill me, can't complain."

"Oh shit, right. Didn't you say that you walked in on your Mom as she was doing something?" Kiah asked.

"Yep. The end result was me as I am." Gemini confirmed with a nod.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 08:05:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Ash was silent as he heard that.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"That... explained everything, yet nothing at the same time." he said.

"But... I've learned not to dig where I may not be welcome to." he went on with a sigh.

"By the way, if it feels like we're in the middle of an earthquake, we're not." he then told the group. "It's just a small ripple effect from the Seismic Gauntlet." he assured them further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 08:08:08 )

"Oh, my mom was an alchemist." Gemini stated simply.

"Works for the Triad, actually." She added after a moment.

"And I walked in, got curious, and ended up messing around with some of what she'd had sitting around." She continued with a shrug. "Basically now I'm a living doll, literally. It has it's benefits though."

"Like how you've got perfect skin, and will forever?" Kiah asked with a laugh.

"Yep. That and I don't show age very much. I'll always look like I'm in my late teens or early twenties." Gemini added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 08:22:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh!" Ash exclaimed.

"I see." he said.

"Well... I mean... swings and roundabouts, I suppose." he then said further with a shrug.

"You seem... oddly calm about that." Illias commented, to which Ash said nothing. Didn't even seem to acknowledge that a question was asked.

"Um..." Illias muttered, before Ash looked at him.

"Sorry, did you ask something?" he asked.

"I just said... that you seemed oddly calm about learning what Gemini is." Illias commented.

"Oh!" Ash said. "Sorry, buzzing kicked up again." he apologized.

"And I know a LOT of weird people in this world. Something like this barely registers as 'weird'." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 08:25:19 )

Kiah just laughed.

"Yeahhhh.... let's just say that Fyrane contacts are..... eccentric selections of what can loosely be described as people in some instances." She commented.

"Along with, of course, the fact that there is always a new hunt that is probably quite on the odd side, for Ash." She added with a light shrug. As they reached another room - Kiah's rather large office specifically - they felt a bit of a tremor.

"Guessing that was from the gauntlet?" Gemini asked after a couple seconds.

"Yup." Miki answered.

"Softer than I'd expected, admittedly. Then again, Sharp keeps this place protected." She paused a moment. "Come to think of it, surprised there was anything... that thing is stronger than I had originally thought."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/21 21:19:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah-yup." Ash responded.

"There's a reason that thing is kept under lock and key." he told Miki.

"It has the potential power to decimate entire continents, if the wielder is reckless enough, determined enough, and is willing to undergo immense sensory deprivation." he said.

"If I recall correctly, people speculate that it was made to do terraforming." he continued.

"Like flatten land and such for agriculture?" Illias asked.

"Pretty much." Ash replied.

"But... well... like all things made for peaceful purposes, a way to weaponize it was found." he went on. "...though, admittedly, that's not hard to do with a VERY portable earthquake machine." he then mumbled.

"So a goo part of the fault goes to the ones that designed it, I would think."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.