Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Neither Living nor Dead

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 02:26:21 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"Not that impressive. I wasn't alone." Averie commented with a sigh before explaining what had happened.

"Anyhow, I'm going to let you go, so I can get to filling out that paperwork and sending it over." She added.

"Is there anything you need before I do that?"

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 02:46:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"No." Sharp replied.

"That's all." he said.

"Good luck." he finished, before the call was ended.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"Well, it's 'officially' our territory now." he said.

"Meaning we can officially clear Kiczys of the suspicion cast on her." he continued.

He then cracked his knuckles, and started to work on that. The sooner Casey had her freedom to move, the better.

-An unspecified amount of time later-

"...wow." Illias said, looking at the statue in the lab.

"...it still amazes me that they actually managed to get one here." he commented, mostly to himself, but also to Kiah, who was also there.

"That... had to have been weird, or hard, or outright genius." he mumbled further.

"So... someone needs to be looking at this thing at ALL times?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 03:19:06 )

"Yuuup." Kiah said before smirking lightly.

"That's what Gemini is good for." She said, motioning to the lady that was sitting nearby, watching the statue, with headphones on.

"She doesn't need to blink, considering waht she is." She added with a light shrug.

"So as long as Gemini doesn't leave or anything." As she spoke, Kiah was filling out paperwork about something or other, largely regarding the experimentation that is required for them to find all the information as they can from them.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 03:43:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Illias muttered.

"Well, good." he said.

"And from what I hear, most of the statues have been destroyed already." he commented.

"Seems this nightmare is almost over." he went on.

"....though my intellectual curiosity just won't be satiated until we find out more about this thing." he then admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 03:50:01 )

"True, but honestly, I'm kinda happy leaving it lie." Kiah commented.

"Waht do you want to find out though?" She asked, her voice curious after a few seconds.

"Seriously. Is there anything specific you want to know? I can help look for it all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 04:14:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I want to know two things." Illias replied.

"I want to see if we can find out HOW it moves. As in, how it's animated to do what it does." he said. "Because it's clearly not just enchanted to do so. They move with a purpose." he told her.

"And maybe we can study it to find out where it came from." he continued.

"Maybe find a clue as to WHO created them." he reasoned.

"Perhaps stop them from ever coming back by going to the source."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 04:19:57 )

"Who? I have a pretty good guess." Kiah commented with a light sigh.

"But I can admit I don't know for certain." She added.

"As for how, I'm not entirely sure." She then said

"That would be nice to know, but I also don't completely care." She added. "I'll just be happy to have them gone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 04:59:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias just sighed.

"Well, you're the boss." he said.

"If you say it gets destroyed immediately, it gets destroyed immediately." he told her, grabbing some papers.

He then started flipping through them, looking at all the formulae contained within, studying a few of them in specific.

"...seriously." he mumbled.

"None of these formulae show anything akin to... well... either enchanting it to move, or using mana to move it. But mana is still involved. It's puzzling."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 05:06:59 )

"Well, I'm not sure, either." She then said.

"And I'm not even sure as to what it is that we can do regarding them, aside from just destroying them." She added.

"But we're save, Gemini is... pretty damned good at things like that. She wins staring contests with fish." She added with a laugh before sighing.

'Although, honestly..." She trailed off before sighing, again, "if they are created by who I suspect... well, it would be just to torture them, I think."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 05:26:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias raised an eyebrow.

"....ooookay..." he said.

"That's... macabre." he commented.

"Regardless... let's be careful." he told her as he approached the statue and looked hard at it.

"...I... can't help but think there's more to this than what we're seeing." he said further.

"Just... I dunno, I feel it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 05:30:41 )

Kiah nodded with a light sigh. There had to be, but at the same time, she was pretty sure she had a good idea as to the source of these statues. They weren't natural, and it was not hard for them to determine that they hadn't been carved. There was absolutely not evidence eto suggest that they had been.

She just hoped it wasn't the torture that she expected it may very well have been...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 05:56:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

They spent some time looking over the statue, and then going over the notes they had, before Illias realised something.

"Wait." he said.

"I... hold on..." he muttered.

"In some of these notes, the phrase 'the spark of life' is mentioned over and over again." he told her.

"But... I don't see anything that indicates adding something that... would... create... life." he went on, before pausing, looking almost terrified.

".........." he was then silent, and looked at the statue again.

"If... oh god..." he mumbled.

"That can't be right..." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 05:59:09 )

Kiah, who was sitting and looking over files, didn't look up.

"As I said, torture." She stated.

"Imagine being stuck in that form for however long. I think they're snapping people's necks out of sheer unadulterated anger and hatred." She stated simply.

"Some of the reports here state the blood, as well. I ... don't think these are recent developments. They've probably been stashed somewhere for ... fuck, I'd guess centuries."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 06:14:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....but to think..." Illias said quietly, before stopping.

"Wait." he muttered.

"Then we might have a way to know for SURE where these things came from." he told her.

"You said you have your suspicions, but I might know a way to have them confirmed or denied." he went on, crossing his arms over his chest and thinking once more.

"But it's going to require a VERY strong and talented necromancer." he said.

"Or... you know... someone that personally knows the reaper." he added with a small laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 20:16:28 )

Kiah just laughed lightly.

"Ok. I have three I can call on a whim." She stated.

"Gimme a sec." She added as she pulled her cell out of her pocket and started to dial a number. She put it on speaker phone though.

"Hello?" A voice that Ilias didn't rightly know answered. "It's rare you call me Kiah, what's up?"

"hey Casey. look, I need a necromancer, or someone who knows the reaper, down in my lab. You able to stop by?" Kiah asked.

"Uhh... yeah... sure. But... wanna tell me where?" Casey responded with. "And am I on speaker phone?"

"Yep. Ilias is here." Kiah answered, pausing to let him say anything if he felt the need to.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/18 21:24:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias was silent for a moment, almost tongue-tied.

"Ah, yes, hello there." he said.

"I'm Illias." he told Casey.

"....you can talk to the reaper?" he then asked.

"That's... that's amazing." he commented, before shaking his head slightly.

"Wow." he mumbled under his breath.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 00:00:00 )

Casey just laughed.

"Hey Kiah, Which would be better, you think?" She asked, a subtle smirk to her voice.

"Gregory, most likely." Was the response Kiah gave. "He tends to have better access than your Mom does."

"All right. I'll summon him when I get there. Unit?" CAsey asked.

"Yep. I'll let Jake know you're coming so you aren't held up. Might send Ilias to show ya the way down ehre." Kiah answered with a laugh.

"All right. See you soon." with that, they ended the call.

"Someone a little starstruck or something?" Kiah asked Ilias after the line was dead.

"Seriously. Never seen you seeming anything akin to tongue tied before."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 00:30:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias was still silent for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Ah... well..." he stammered.

"It hadn't occurred to me that you would know THE Casey Kiczys." he admitted.

"She's one of the most famous and revered necromancers in the world!" he went on.

"She's really amazing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 00:32:52 )

Kiah just laughed.

"Don't be like that with her. She hates that fame." She commented.

"She prefers the more legit fame - namely from her art." She added.

"anyway! Go meet her with Jake. She'll be here in a couple of minutes, I think."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/19 00:47:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias was silent again, before nodding quickly.

"R-right!" he said, before dashing off.

He quickly raced off to the front door, and just as he got there, he heard Jake and Casey finishing up whatever they were saying.

"Ah, Illias." Jake then said, darting his tongue out a little and unlocking the door for Casey to enter.

"He's your guide to the lab." he told Casey.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.