Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Angelic Bond

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 07:22:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke's face turned red for a moment, before he shook it off.

"Ah... ahem... yes." he said.

"I'm here." he told her.

"So... uh... how are we doing this?" he asked. "Which is to say, how do you get home?" he clarified.

"Do you drive, use mana, something else?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 07:36:55 )

"I drive." Angela answered.

"Come on, my car's in the lot." She added. Once he was good to go, she led him out to her car - which was damn nice. It was a porsche from the bloody eighties. Likely goes for a pretty penny, and was most certainly very modded. There were new seats for starters, among other things.

She unlocked the doors remotely.

"Climb in." She said before tossing her messenger bag into the trunk and heading to the drivers side. After they were both seated, she started up the engine and pulled out of the spot.

"I life on the other side of the city." She told him simply. "So we've got a bit of a drive."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 07:51:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"That's fine..." Zeke responded.

"Hella nice ride you got here." he told her.

"Like... super nice." he went on.

"Musta shelled out quite a bit for it." he continued.

"You into cars or something?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 08:01:40 )

"Nope. Got it from mom when I was hired here." Angela answered with a light laugh.

"It was her car, and since she doesn't need it anymore, she drove it out to me."

"Anyway, while we're here, got any questions? I'm sure you think you want to actually... get to know me." She added with a light laugh.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 08:11:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes." Zeke replied.

He then paused for a moment, thinking about it.

"Why a medic?" he asked.

"Why did you decide to get into the medicine field?' he asked further.

"Anything in specific?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 08:12:56 )

"Because I needed a medic as a child, and nearly lost my life because of it." Angela answered simply.

"Mom and Dad did all they could, and the stress made it that Dad wasn't in the best of health for the longest time, so I studied medicine - both mortal and not - to help him." She added.

"I mean, I'm just a nurse, but that's primarily because I just... never got into the course for my actual full doctrate."

"I could bounce the question back you though, kind of. You're an angel. An arch-angel, even. What the hell you doing with Sharp?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 08:26:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Zeke was silent, and sighed.

"It's a place for me to be." he said.

"And by that, I mean it's a place where I can BE me." he then clarified.

"...see... my existence can be considered a crime against heaven." he told her. "Granted, the one upstairs has severely loosened the rules on that, but... it's still a VERY new change." he went on.

"I wouldn't fit in with my 'uncles', as they really don't like my existence, I don't really fit in with the other angels, as themselves and archangels really don't see eye to eye..." he continued.

"And the mortal world is REALLY not a place for me. I'm a Nephilim. In the end, there's really NO place for me... or at least, nobody thought there was... until I was scouted out by Ty, and brought to Sharp's attention." he then said.

"At the Unit, my talents can be put to good use... and I won't be judged for what I am." he told her, a small smile on his face.

"What about you?" he then asked. "How did YOU end up working for Sharp?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 10:27:45 )

Angela was silent as Zeke said all he did. She wasn't entirely sure what to say, and she wasn't really going to worry about trying to come up with something while he was speaking. After he'd asked his question, she paused.

"Firstly, at least you found somewhere you fit." She commented. "Because it... sucks to not fit in. I can relate there, highschool, school overall, actually, was aboslute hell."

"As for how I ended up working for Sharp... I'd just lost my job due to my boss being an asshole and ran into Sharp in a coffee shop. Got talking to him, and it just... went from there. He said he'd give me a trial period, wanted to see if I could actually do as I said I could, and .... yeah. I'm still there now. One of these days, I'll go for my full Doctrate, I've been saving up for it, but ehhh"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 22:29:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'She can relate to that...?' Zeke wondered.

'What does she mean by that? How can she...?' he wondered further.

"I see." he said.

"Well, it was very fortunate for you to have found Sharp." he told her. "Or, rather, for him to have found you." he then corrected himself.

"Also, it's good that your life was saved." he continued.

"I can't see the Unit medical wing functioning without you." he chuckled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 01:16:17 )

Angela just laughed.

"Sweet, but they did ... they passed before I showed up." She commented.

"Honestly, the main thing I've done is fixed the organization issues they had. Now I just need to get them to listen to m - I'm a nurse, nothing more, so getting those above me to listen is NOT easy." She continued.

"It's actually a headache sometimes, but ... I wouldn't trade working there for anything, really. Just hopefully no one elses files, appointment information, and anything else, won't vanish anymore."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 01:36:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent for a moment, and then sighed.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Yes, some of them that work there have a bit of a superiority complex." he lamented.

"Hopefully they see reason at some point." he went on.

"Yeah, you do SO much for the Unit, overall, it seems." he then commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 01:47:09 )

"Eh, if I wasn't there and, they went back to how they were before I arrived, then know what? That's on them, not me." Angela stated simply.

"It'd be nice if they didn't though. Willing to bet that after seeing how effective the department can be, Sharp won't really appreciate going back to how it was before." She added with a light chuckle as she turned down a quieter street. There were kids playing outside still since the sun was just setting, and she drove carefully to somewhere around the middle and parked in the garage that she'd opened with a remote she had on the dashboard.

After the car was parked, she killed the engine before climbing out with Zeke doing the same on his side.

"Come on, we use the backdoor due to ... issues with the frojnt door." She told him with a light sigh before heading out of the garage and aroudn the house to the back.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 02:17:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Zeke was silent as Angela said that last part.

"Issues?" he asked.

"What sort of issues?" he asked her as he followed.

"Mechanical issues or something? Because I'm not certified or anything, but I AM handy with a tool kit." he told her.

"Or is it something else?" he then inquired.

"...something you'd rather not talk about, for whatever reason?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 02:27:36 )

"It's jammed." Angela told him honestly as she unlocked the back door.

"We've a dryad in teh area, or at least someone who is a halfbreed, and I think that the little brat had decided to try adn start shit with me, by making it I, in theory, couldn't get to work."

"But, I have a bunch of fae in the area - specifically here in the backyard actually - that make it that those that are not allowed, unknown, or without me, will not have a very nice time." As she spoke, she opened the door and stepped inside, beckoning him to follow. As he glanced around one last time, he swore he saw a couple of the soft lights by what he assumed were some flowers, seemed to have a bit of form to them and the was sure he saw what looked like very tiny wings.

"You coming?" Angela asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 02:45:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..............ah..." Zeke stammered for a moment.

"I... ah..." he stuttered further, before shaking his head.

"Right." he said.

He then followed her into the house, but she saw that his gaze was determinedly fixed on the soft lights... until the door was closed, anyway.

"You... have a bunch of fae in the area?" he asked.

"What...? How... is that possible?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 02:59:13 )

Angela just laughed lightly.

"My grandparents were quite close with the fae in the area." She told him as she sat at the kitchen table, undoing the buckles on her shoes.

"So my family has always been close with Fae." She carefully set her shoes down beside her, mere moments before they heard footsteps approaching.

"Oh! Angela, you brought company home?" A short blonde woman asked as she stepped into the room.

"Little Olivia has already been put to bed." She told Angela who nodded.

"Thanks Abby." Zeke's coworker said.

"Would you like me to stay longer, for you to go out?" Abby then asked, her tone curious. It was easy to tell that there was no... anything there. It was purely an inquiry.

"I... that'd be fantastic, if you could." Angela answered.

"If not... I can manage, it'll just be a night in, instead." She added. Abby paused.

"I can, but I would prefer it wasn't too long. I do need to get back home to study for that exam tomorrow." Angela was silent after Abby said that for a moment before looking to Zeke.

"Your call. WAnt to stay in, or head out" She asked, "The choice is yours."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 03:24:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" again, Zeke was stunned.

"I, uh..." he stammered.

"Well, if it would be an inconvenience, then I... guess going OUT to dinner can be changed to staying IN..." he then managed to say.

"It depends on what 'too long' is." he commented to the one called Abby.

"Going out to dinner can take... a few hours. I don't know if that's over your limit." he told her.

"Either one is fine with me, I suppose." he then added, scratching the back of his head some, his mind racing with questions suddenly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 03:30:35 )

Angela just chuckled lightly before approaching Abby and giving her a hug.

"We'll stay here, tonight." She said before releasing her and returning to where she'd been sitting. Her purse was on the table, adn she withdrew her wallet, then a couple bills from within.

"Here's your pay." She then said.

"And don't worry, I booked next week off so you don't need to stress out with Olivia." She added.

"Oh! All right. That's... actually a bit of a relief. I can handle a sick child, yes, but... I always feel awkward with it." Abby admitted.

"I know, on that note, has anything changed with her?" Angela asked, her voice concerned. Abby just shook her head.

"Nope, not at all. She slept the better part of the day, and when she was up was watching some fothe moves you have. MOstly she's just tired and stuffy, but she did run a pretty dangerous fever for a bit. I concerned taking her to the ER, or to you, for it." Abby answered. Angela sighed lightly.

"All right, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks." She said.

"Now get out of here. Go home, do ewhat you need to." She then said.

"And thank you again." With that Abby waved, collected her things and took off out the back door.

"Sorry about the change. IF you want, we can reschedule." Angela said after a few seconds, directing her attention to Zeke.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 03:46:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was dumbfounded.

And his eyes gave it away.

"Woah." he said.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah." he repeated.

"Just... just hold on a second. Back up." he told her. "I just witnessed a barrage of information, and I need a few seconds, to process this and organize my thoughts." he said.

He then proceeded to be silent for a moment, concentrating, before he took a deep breath, exhaled it slowly, and looking right at Angela.

"Firstly, let's get the smallest thing out of the way." he suggested.

"I'm cool with ordering in pizza or something." he told her. "Hell, I'll even pay for it all, regardless of what's ordered." he offered.

"Secondly.... you.... you have a child???" he then asked her, obviously wanting to shout out his exclamation, but reigning it in because of the info he'd heard about a sleeping child.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 03:55:02 )

Angela was silent for a moment.

"I..." She started before sighing

"I invited you out for dinner." She continued, "It's my treat." She added.

"But is there anything you have a craving for?" She asked, her voice curious.

"If you're not sure, then I have a bunch of takeout menus, or there's online." She added. "I usually use that local online ordering service - you know what I'm talking about." She said with a smirk.

"Anyway, I'm going to go check on Olivia, and I'm also going to get cleaned up and changed." She paused a moment.

"We'll talk about her when I get back, all right?" She asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.