Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Angelic Bond

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 18:04:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I can see that." Zeke responded.

"You also don't look so good." he said.

"Seriously. You look kinda sick." he told her.

"Are you all right?" he asked her again.

"How are you feeling? Honestly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 18:08:52 )

"I"m just tired." Angela answered after a few seconds.

"Just... I'm just tired. I don't think I slept well last night, that's all." She paused before finishing the page, which really didn't take long, and getting to her feet.

"All right, I know you don't really have to worry about a lunch hour, so to speak, so let's go while I can." She said with a laugh.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 18:37:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke sighed quietly, and then shrugged.

"Well, all right." he said.

"If you say so. You'd know better than anyone else." he reasoned.

"And all right, let's go." he said further.

"What do you think you want?" he asked.

"Anything in specific?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 18:53:25 )

"Honestly, I'm good for almost anything." Angela answered.

"If we're just eating here, one of those brilliant subs that Jesse makes would be perfect." She stated after a few seconds.

"If we're going elsewhere, pick somewhere. I'm not that picky." She added as they walked out of the med wing.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 19:17:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Nah, we can stay here." Zeke responded.

"The cafeteria's got good stock." he laughed.

"And a sub from Jesse, eh? Sounds good." he then said.

"Also, how's Olivia doing?" he asked.

"She back to her usual self?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 19:27:49 )

"Pretty close, yeah." Angela answered as they continued walking.

"She's still not quite there yet, but yeah. She's nearly there. Thankfully." She let out a breath of relief with that.

"I don't think I could have handled losing her, to be honest.' She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 02:25:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good." Zeke replied.

"I'm glad." he said.

"For both your sakes." he continued.

"And yeah, that would have been devastating." he went on.

"For both you and Sharp." he then said.

"If I recall correctly, he and her have a bit of closeness, don't they?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 02:40:31 )

Angela nodded.

"Yeah, they are rather close. He helped me get my job here - obviously - so that I didn't have to be unemployed with my daughter while in a custody battle." She added. 'She realises he's kinda her saviour, to an extent."

They sat and chat for awhile, and when she had to get back to work, she was a bit unstead, which resulted in Zeke having ot help her balance before she was good to head off on her own.

This continued for a few days. She started to look as if she was about to drop, and it didn't take long, at all, before she was at the point where she couldn't be on her feet. It got to the point where she'd asked her Supervisor if she could just work the front desk, working on the various things in the paperwork aspect of the wing (that she by all rights shouldn't have been doing) instead of acting as a 'proper' nurse. He'd agreed, and that was how it was.

After close to a week, she was barely managing to keep herself awake as she sat at the front desk in the entranceway, working notably slower than usual on the various files, filling them out and leaving them to be signed by her supervisor - the head of the department. Everyone that came in she directed appropriately, and didn't seem to be having much difficulty, but it wasn't hard to tell that something was up. To those that didn't know her, she was just tired. To those that did know her, though, there had to be more to it than that. She wasn't this dead looking when 'just tired'.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 03:08:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As it so happened, at this point, there was a knock at the door, and agent King stepped inside.

"....geez." Ty muttered.

"Angela, you look like crap." he said.

"What are you still doing here?" he asked. "You should be home, resting, relaxing, recuperating and recovering from whatever the hell's up." he told her.

"But... anyway... I have the sample you asked me to get." he then said, getting to why he was there.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 03:11:36 )

Angela was silent for a moment before chuckling lightly as she grabbed a petri dish from down the desk. She grabbed it and set it down in front of him.

"Pack it up in there." She told him before sighing.

"And I know, but I can't." She commented. She sounded about as one would expect upon seeing her. She looked abotu ready to just keel over, she was far too exhausted, and easily.

"If I skip even just an hour, this place and the organization would die." She said with a sigh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 03:33:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............" Ty was silent as she said what she did, and then packed up the sample he'd gotten.

"Done." he said.

"....and I see." he muttered.

"That's... that's just... mm." he mumbled.

"You really DO look like death warmed over." he then commented.

"Are you SURE you can't take some time off to recuperate?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 03:37:51 )

Angela sighed.

"I'm quite certain I can't. Last time I was longer than usual for my lunch, I didn't get in trouble... but...." She sighed again, "Suffice to say, I had to go through about three binders worth of files and it was a headache. I'd rather not deal with that shit again."

"Assuming that makes sense."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 03:58:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson just sighed.

"I see." he replied.

"Then I won't waste both our time, arguing and insisting." he told her.

"Just... try and take care of yourself, all right?" he asked.

"We don't need you literally collapsing from exhaustion." he continued.

"...AGAIN."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 04:01:03 )

Angela paused a moment.

"eh-heh..." She chuckled bnervously.

"Yeahh... the concussion from the last one really wasn't pleasant." She admitted.

'But yeah, I'll take care of myself as best I can." She agreed with a nod.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 04:20:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty just silently nodded, and left.

About 15 minutes later, Angela heard footsteps.

Somewhat familiar footsteps... as in, one set was recognizable, easily, and the other... wasn't. It sounded almost... uneven and forced.

A few seconds later, the door was outright opened, and Sharp stepped in... dragging her supervisor along with him.

"Right." he said.

"Enough is enough."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 04:22:21 )

Angela sighed as she heard what he did.

". . . all right, what has be done now?" She asked, a few seconds after she normally would have.

"And how much more work is going to be heaved onto me because of this? I swear I'm not being paid enough." She then said, muttering the last bit under her breath. She'd never properly complain, because she knew that she was doing it to help, and she didn't really have a problem with it. At the moment though, she felt like absolute death, and she knew that if she were to take off, that she'd have a hard time with recovering afterward in that place. Chances are it'd be a mess... again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 04:58:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"None." Sharp told her.

"In fact, starting now, you are off the paperwork." he then said.

"You are overworking yourself while ill, and that is unacceptable." he went on.

"Especially when HE is the one being paid more to DO SO." he then said, glowering at the other man.

"Angela, step away from the desk." he told Angela.

"As of now, HE is going to do the paperwork, he is going to do them swiftly, he is going to do them correctly, or he's going to be having a conversation with me about an uncertain future in this Unit." he then added in a clearly ominous tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 05:00:16 )

Angela just held a hand up before finishing the page. As she set the pen aside she met Sharp's gaze.

"No." She stated simply.

"I won't do that." She added before pausing, sighing.

"If I were to get up, I'd likely kiss the tiles. So no. I won't be doing that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 05:19:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Sharp was silent, and then glared at the man.

"And you LET her get this way!?" he exclaimed.

"I...! I, uh..." the man stammered.

"Save it." Sharp hissed, before going over towards Angela and rolling the chair out from the desk... and then lifting her up in his arms.

"Looks like I found a workaround." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/15 05:21:17 )

As the chair was moved, Angela just closed her eyes, but it did nothing. She still felt the world tilt, attempting to throw her off of it.

". . . . ugh..." she growned, a hand at her head before she just rested it against Sharp's torso.

"Thanks..." she said quietly.

"Those need to be signed and returned to the Triad yesterday." She then said, referring to the stack of files she'd been addressing when they arrivedl.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.