Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Angelic Bond

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 07:27:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......haven't really thought about it." Zeke admitted.

"Doubt I'll stay home, though." he then said.

"If Mom and Dad find out about this injury, they'll overreact." he muttered. "Mom'll worry about me, even though she'll say it's fine, and Dad'll take it as reason to train me even harder." he grumbled.

"I'd rather not deal with any of that." he said.

"So the deskwork may be the preferable option here, as much as I hate to admit it." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 07:46:46 )

Peyton didn't say anything as Zeke said all he did, before laughing lightly.

"I've met both your parents, once each, and yeahhhh I can see where you're coming from." She commented with a shake of her head.

---

A few months later (namely, four and a half), Angela made her way into the exam room and paused.

"... Zeke?" She asked, seeing the one tha tshe was to check.

"Again?" She asked.

"what'd you do this time?" She then asked with a bit of exasperation to her voice. This was a common occurrence now, it seemed. He liked to show up in there needing treatment, and seemed to always request her.

At least he did once. After that, she was always the one that 'assigned' to him for this.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 08:13:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just laughed nervously, and scratched the back of his head.

"Eh-heh, sorry." he said.

"The team I was on ended up facing some demons." he told her.

"They concentrated their fire on us, and I shielded those that were with me with my back." he said further.

"Seems taking 5 demon blasts at once is a little past my limit." he added sheepishly.

"But at least I protected the others."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 08:14:57 )

Angela just sighed, but there was... respect in that one breath.

"Thank you. You really are more durable than most people here." She said after a few seconds before setting the clipboard she had in her hands aside.

"all right, let's get a good look at the damage." As usual, while she was a little unimpressed that he was there again, she was treating him with the same respect, the same verything, that she treated everyone else with.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 08:27:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just chuckled nervously again, and turned around so she could see his back.

When he did, she saw that there was a pretty extreme burn there, as well as throbbing demonic mana in it.

However, she could see that Zeke's own mana was fighting back the demonic mana, but while he normally could fend it off and smother it easily, the combined energy of the 5 of them was just enough to be a match for him. So it wasn't getting worse, but it wasn't getting any better.

The burn itself was intense, and if anyone else had received it, they would have been in VERY bad territory, to the point where emergency medical treatment would have been needed.

"How's it look?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 09:06:48 )

Angela was silent as she looked the wound over.

"Not... as bad as I had expected, to be honest." She admitted after a few seconds.

"I'm going to get a cream for you," she then continued as she made her way to in front o fhim again a few minutes later, "it'll help your natural mana to deal with the demonic."

"It'll also help to suppress the demonic mana." She finished with.

"Back in a few minutes. I need to go make that up." With that, she was out te door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 20:01:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Cool!" Zeke called back to her as she left.

When she was gone, he chuckled to himself.

"Heh... she even gets kinda mad at me." he said.

"Well... exasperated, and isn't afraid to show it." he then muttered.

"She really IS something." he commented further, smiling to himself.

".....she... she really is." he seemed to realize.

'...oh my... I've actually been doing this.' he then thought, as he fully came to another realization.

"Ohhhhhhhh Zeke, what are you doing...?" he mumbled to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 21:03:38 )

He was alone for a bit before Angela returned.

"On your front. I'll have better access if you were lying down." She said as she stepped into the room again.

"Because I'm sure you don't want me to miss somewhere." She added. After he was lying down on his front on the bed in there, she stepped up and started applying the gream. This time it was a lot nicer, almost as if she was applying a refreshing mint wash, instead of pain.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 21:14:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she applied the cream, she saw Zeke relax. Visibly and noticeably.

"...ahhhhhhh." Zeke moaned.

"That feels good." he said.

"Like..... REALLY good." he told her, before pausing.

"The cream, that is!" he quickly said further.

"Feels minty!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 21:18:47 )

Angela just chuckled lightly as he said all he did.

"Yeah, I figured it would." She told him simply, but didn't say anything more before she finished and returned to being in front of him.

"All right, I don't want to see you here again for at least a month, hey?" She asked.

"And are you intentionally heading out to get yourself damaged or something? Nothing in your files state that this is normal for you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 21:27:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent as Angela said what she did, and the questioned him about his recent reckless behaviour.

"Uh... well..." he stammered.

"I mean... well, maybe I was careless this time..." he said. "And last time... and perhaps the time before that..." he then mumbled, trailing off a bit.

"But it's coincidence!" he insisted.

"It's not like I'm intentionally letting myself get hurt." he then told her, glancing off to the side.

'...maybe taking missions where there's a higher chance of it...' he thought to himself.

"I'm not suicidal or masochistic or anything."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 21:40:24 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

"You may not be suicidal or masochistic or something, but... why ARE you being more careless?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Seriously, what's going on?" There was concern to her voice.

"You're a good guy, don't get yourself hurt unnecessary."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 22:00:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".............this... this is true." Zeke admitted.

"I... well... I mean..." he stammered, before sighing.

"Maybe I'm just more confident, suddenly." he said.

"I mean, I'm resilient and such, but when it's a bit much, YOU'RE here for me." he reasoned.

"You've been able to help me every single time." he continued.

"You're smart, talented, got the right attitude, pretty..." he then listed off... moments before freezing in silence and horror, realizing what he'd said at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 05:37:58 )

Angela was silent for a moment.

"Pretty, huh?" She asked with a subtle smirk.

"So you've been getting into bigger issues than you can rightfully handle, because I'm pretty." She then stated.

"Not... sure I should be charmed or pissed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 05:56:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....................." Zeke was silent for another moment, and then sheepishly looked at her.

"To be honest, I deserve 'pissed'." he mumbled.

"But the fact that 'charmed' is even an option is flattering." he said.

"...also, to be fair, I actually just fully realized what I've been doing just recently." he then admitted.

"I guess I was taken by you when you treated me like you would anyone else." he went on.

"That's rare for me to come across." he told her candidly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 06:03:21 )

Angela paused before just stepping up to him and lightly smacking up upside the head.

"Seriously? I thought you were a mature adult." She stated before sighing.

"But at least you're alive." She added as she screwed the top onto the cream before holding it out to him.

"I do hope that you realise that if you wanted to see me, you could just go to dinner with me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 06:23:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke accepted the cream, and sighed.

"Yeah... yeah, I guess so." he said, before pausing.

"....wait." he then muttered.

"Wait, seriously?" he asked.

"Dinner?" he asked her.

"You'd... actually consider that? With me?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 06:25:47 )

"Are you rejecting my invite?" Angela asked with a fake pout.

"I'm done here at eight, tonight." She then said. "If you want to meet me at the entrance, you can ceom back to my place with me and hang out there while I get readyu - if you want to see where I live and maybe feed my snake for me - then we can head out for dinner." She paused a moment before shrugging.

"You know, if you're interested, of course."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 06:48:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"No! I'm not rejecting it!" Zeke quickly said.

"That would be great!" he told her.

"Amazing! Awesome!" he said further.

"I'll be there! I mean... at the entrance." he then said further.

"Sounds good. Like a plan. Yeah." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 07:00:41 )

Angela just laughed.

"I'll see you later then. Get out of here, angelboy." She then said with a smirk before lightly shoving him out the door.

"See ya!" She called before smirking.

---

Later that night, it was just past eight as she approached the entrance. She stopped to chat with the guard before stepping out to see Zeke sitting there, waiting patiently for the rather rough looking woman to meet with him.

"Hey there. I wasn't sure if you'd be here." She commented as she stepped up to him.

"Although, considering you're pretty obviously enamoured, I guess it's not that surprising."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.