Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing An Angelic Bond

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 08:25:53 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke just laughed a little when Angela said what she did.

"Heh. Yep." he replied.

"I am." he said, stretching the truth... but he knew it was best, seeing as the exact explanation would probably be too much for the little girl.

He then smirked, and did something he knew he could do, but rarely did, as it was pointless. He snapped his fingers, and a small glowing golden halo appeared over his head.

"See?" he asked.

"I bet I can help find out why you're not feeling so good." he told her with a kind smile, snapping his fingers again and making the halo dissipate into golden sparkles that disappeared into the air as they fell.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 10:16:20 )

Angela just quirked an eyebrow as she saw the halo, but Olivia didn't really react. She just got comfy in her mothers arms, and nodded.

"That'd be nice..." she said quietly. Angela just sighed before looking to Zeke, almost begging him to do whatever he could to help. It wasn't hard to tell that she was concerned for her daughter.

"You're burning up, Liv..." She said, her voice quiet.

"Have you had anything to eat today while I was at work?" She asked. Olivia just shook her head, but didn't say anything.

"What about drinks. Have you had anything?" She asked. Again, a shake of hte head, which just net a sigh.

"Dehydration is probably gonna be an issue, if it isn't already. Fun." She muttered.

"Zeke, do your thing."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 21:55:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent as the interaction happened, before sighing as well.

He then leaned in and placed his palm atop Olivia's head. When he did so, a small pulse of pure mana emanated from it, and it seemed to wash over the child.

Zeke closed his eyes and started to concentrate... and even though he was silent, his facial expressions were saying more than he probably would have liked.

He started out neutral... then it went to one of harder concentration... to which it then turned to one of almost 'irritating concern'... and then his eyes popped open suddenly.

"......." he was still silent, but looked at Olivia with shock in his eyes.

He didn't say anything, though, just looked at Angela with an expression that said 'we need to talk'.

"This... isn't the flu." was all he said next.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/12 23:32:49 )

Angela was silent as she saw Zeke's face, adn knew that he was speaking true.

"All right, do I need to admit Liv to a hospital, or no?" She asked.

"And whatever it is that is plaguing my daughter can be said with her here." She added. "Just.... Zeke, lay out, whatever you know." She was silent for a moment before meeting his gaze again, he could see an almost desperation in hers,

"Please..."

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 02:21:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke nodded.

"Yes. You do." he said.

"Immediately." he told her.

He was then silent, before sighing heavily.

"My sensors are not perfect, but they ARE 95% accurate... roughly..." he then mumbled. "But it seems she... she has Calaestus Thermaxia..." he told her further.

Calaestus Thermaxia was an uncommon illness that mimicked the flu... but the long term effects were even worse. So much so, that it was potentially fatal. Olivia's body temperature would keep rising... until her internal organs wouldn't be able to take it, and they would shut down.

And it was something only a Fae could contract.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 02:31:18 )

Angela paled as Zeke said what he did before nodding.

"I... all right." She said.

"Sorry to cut this short, but I gotta get her to the Unit, if only so I can keep an eye on her while working, and because at least there, they can actually take care of non-mortal ailments." As she spoke, she got to her feet, holding her child close before heading off to get her shoes, and something warmer for Olivia. It didn't take long, only about three minutes, before she was heading to the door.

"Come on Zeke. I'll give you a ride back to the Unit if you want it." She said. He could hear the concern, the fear that she would lose her daughter, but there was also the professional aspect there. She knew she had to keep it together and not fall apart, there would be no way she could help if she did that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 02:53:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke didn't waste any time, either. He had been ready when she told him to come on, and he nodded.

"Listen." he said.

"I have my driver's license." he told her.

"If you want to sit in the back seat with your daughter, and if you trust me to, I can drive you both to the Unit." he offered, as they stepped outside.

"But only if you're comfortable in my doing that." he continued.... before pausing for a moment.

"Or... I can just use my mana to get us all back to the Unit in a matter of seconds." he told her, pretty much just realizing that option was on the table, himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:01:56 )

Angela was silent before meeting his gaze.

"... that might be best." She admitted.

"Please, that would be optimal." She added after a moment. After Zeke nodded and wrapped his arms around her (mostly to comfort the woman, and help keep her daughter in her arms since mana transport could cause her to fall), they vanished from where they were.

Once they were where they wanted to be, Angela looked around before heading off.

"Zeke! Give Sharp a heads up, will you!?" She called as she practically ran through the halls.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:26:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Got it!" Zeke replied, before sighing and looking towards the security area. He needed to make sure Jake knew he had bypassed him because of the emergency situation, and then needed to tell Sharp about this.

-About a week later-

Sharp sighed to himself as he stepped out of his office and made his way to the cafeteria. He'd come in earlier than usual to get some paperwork done, and realized he needed to eat. He needed breakfast.

He made his way through the hallways, before entering the cafeteria, and seeing it was empty.

Almost.

Angela was there, sitting in front of a plate of seemingly untouched food.

He sighed again, before making his way towards her.

"Hey." he said to her sitting down across from her.

"How is she doing?" he asked, referring to Olivia. He'd been told by Zeke that Angela had brought her here... and he knew that Angela hadn't left the Unit since then.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 03:34:08 )

Angela didn't even look at him, before pushing her plate toward him.

"Hungry?" She asked.

"I can't eat." She added.

"Might as well have it someone eats it while it's still warm before it's too cold to eat and gets tossed." She said, her voice was .... far different than how he knew her to normally be.

"And how is she? Not good." She added before sighing. That one breath though told him that she was doing all she could to hold it together, to not just completely break down into the mess that she wanted to break down into. She couldn't afford it.

We've managed to decrease the speed at which she's heating up, but she's at the point where another three degrees, and she'll be suffering serious brain damage... if she survives."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 04:12:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Hal was silent as Angela said what she did, listening to all she had told him.

"I see..." he said further.

"That's... I don't know what to say here." he admitted, shaking his head slightly.

"But another 3 degrees?" he then asked. "That is... precarious, to say the very least." he commented, looking at the food and sighing once more.

"I'd ask how YOU are holding up, but I can see it plain as day." he commented.

"And it's understandable." he added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 04:20:58 )

"It... it's so close, and for all we know... even if she survives now, she'll still have the damage." Angela said, her voice quiet.

"I... I can't lose her... I don't know what will happen to me if I do... but I can't. Yet.... yet it seems....." She trailed off, not finishing that statement. She couldn't.

She just sighed before getting to her feet.

"I... I'm going to go see if I can find.... something we overlooked.... and hope that... that maybe there is something." There was a despondence to her voice, and considering how he normally saw her, this was a far different from who he knew, and was almost unbelievable.

".... at the very least... I'll be there when her time comes." She said quietly. "I hate how she's so young, and I so desperately want to find some way to stop it... but..." She just shook her head, said her farewells, before heading off, leaving Hal to sit... and almost question what he'd just witnessed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 04:49:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a couple of moments, before smiling to himself.

"Heh." he chuckled.

He then snapped his fingers... as nothing seemed to happen.

However, about 10 minutes later, while Angela was desperately searching through piles of notes and research, looking for anything she may have missed, or anything that might help, one of the fans in the room seemed to short out and go haywire, sparking and turning on full blast.

This caused the papers surrounding her to whip up in a flurry of white, and they were everywhere by the time she'd unplugged the fan. That would have been the last straw for her, and probably caused her to have an emotional breakdown right there and then... had she not noticed something on one of papers... a paragraph that had been highlighted in bright neon green.

When she looked at it closer, she noticed something... it appeared to be some medical research that had been theorized and tested, but nothing conclusive was found... but she also noticed that one of the components of the compound was out of whack in terms of amount, when compared to the other ones... and that's when she had her spark.

This was what she had been looking for, and she knew how to make it work. Best of all, she had all the ingredients she needed right here in the medical wing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 04:57:12 )

Angela couldn't believe what she'd been reading. It was something that had been looked over and disregarded, but the fact that it was highlighted DID give the impression of there being some possibility to it working, in terms of the opinion for who itw as that had seen it.

She didn't say anything before getting to her feet again, and heading off, page in hand. She knew what she had to do to save her daughter, and she'd die to do so if, if it came to that.

A matter of two days later, Olivia's temperature was still high, but her fever was nowhere near as bad as it had been before. She was recovering, and that was the main thing.

Which is why when Hal stopped by, he saw her passed out in the comfy chair that was next to her daughters bed. She hadn't slept at all since her daughter had arrived, adn that was very well documented.

The fact that she was, now... it really said plenty for Hal.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 05:13:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smiled when he saw this, and made his way over towards Angela.

"...well." he said.

"How about that." he commented.

He then grabbed a blanket that had been folded up nearby, and spread it out over her, covering her up.

"Sleep well." he said quietly to Angela.

"You deserve it." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 05:28:55 )

Angela didn't say anything, just shifted slightly when he covered her. She kind of pulled the blanket in around her tighter, and didn't let her daughters hand go, either. He could see how she needed this, and how much she honestly cared for her daughter.

---

A few days later, Olivia was still in the med wing to be looked after, due to how she was not perfect yet, but at least she was recovering. While Angela was off to get a breath of fresh air, she made her way up to her boss' office, knowing that she was needing to talk to him. She didn't know exactly what it was that she would say, but she did have a few words for him, regardless.

She stepped into the entrance of his office and saw that his secretary wasn't there, so she walked up to his office door and knocked, wondering if he was in or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 05:56:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a moment of silence, she heard a voice from within.

"Come in!" Sharp called to her.

When she opened the door, Sharp looked up and smiled when he saw her.

"Ah, Angela." he said.

"Come in, sit down." he told her.

When she did, shutting the door behind her before she did so, Sharp continued to smile.

"What can I do for you?" he asked.

"And care for something to drink?" he offered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 09:48:01 )

Angela shook her head.

"No thank you. I'm here for a simple thing, and I won't take up much of your time." She said with a soft smile.

".... Thank you." She said.

"I do realise what you did, but I'm just... not sure how. I didn't outright say anything specific, did I?" She asked.

"I swear I didn't say the standard 'I wish'.... but considering how I was, it was very possible that I actually had said something so obvious."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 23:13:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just smirked.

"You didn't." he said.

"However, there's one thing those like me can do once they're freed." he told her.

"We can grant IMPLIED wished." he continued.

"And your wording was JUST close enough." he said further.

"Besides... I didn't want anything happening to little Olivia." he then assured her.

"I assume it's looking like she'll make a full recovery with no complications?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/13 23:18:55 )

Angela nodded.

"She will, as far as I can tell." She answered.

"And it really is thanks to you." She added. "I know that the information that was used to save her had been overlooked. It'd been checked and written off as a undoable thing."

"And if you and your mana causing what happened to happen, I never would have given it a second look." She paused a moment here, before sighing.

"So... yes. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart." She said. "I just... I don't think I could have honestly continued if I'd lost her."

"Also, that... is very good to know. I need to be careful of my overall wordings around you, I suppose." She then added, a slight smirk to her voice.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.