Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Just yandere things [Hangout/freebies]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/10 14:27:52 )

@Yandere: I know how to swim in theory but nothing beats the doggy paddle when you wanna get somewhere without water going in your eyes and mouth XD

Always ping me please.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/11 19:50:27 )
November 2017 - February 2018
@yandere: I honestly completely forgot about the threads getting locked after the event ending. But well, at least you found a way to save it and give us another place to continue. Like, that's super important.

Oh, I can't blame you at all. I'm not really confrontational at all either. And I'm normally nervous as H-E-Double-Hockeysticks to even ask questions period. So I'm surprised at myself that I was even brave enough to do that. If I'm being honest though, there was one time I almost completely gave up on requesting art all together, let alone trying for adopts. I was once on the Gaia freebs thread and I asked someone if they drew OCs or just avatars and well the response I got was "I do draw OCs, but these characters are too bland."

And well, being a character-mommy yourself, I'm sure you'll understand how that hurt my heart. Speaking of artists though, I was looking through some of the older art I received before and it turns out you've actually drawn for me before! I can't believe I actually forgot. But thank you for that again! (I'm sure I thanked you when I did get it from you, but I feel the need to say it again.) Still hoping to order from you in the future though. And possibly your squishie still if I can afford it!

Oh good! I'm - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. Haha...it's just have a type and I like to put characters who are like me with well.... my type of guy. I guess it's a way of living my fantasy a little bit. Hoping that I'll someday find a guy like that... I mean, I call myself a character mommy but some of them, I don't exactly wanna call my children since I well...have romantic feelings towards them rather than maternal. Like I don't want to hurt them, but at the same time I'm like...um...can I like kiss you please? Lol. (Though if I'm being honest, they'd be the ones to initiate a kiss rather than me. Lol)

Lol, oh my. I've certainly messed up my words before too. Even worse than that, despite the fact I didn't even curse. I once said "Penis butter and jelly" instead of "peanut butter and jelly" and freaked out about it. (I was young and though penis was a bad word though, so....) Oh and do you work as like a teacher or something? I find ways to get around cursing too. I mean I did just earlier with "HE DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICKS" Even one of my characters have adopted the whole not swearing thing but using other phrases in place of the curse words. Lol.

And ooh! That is so awesome. I'll defintely have to look more into that. Because hello...writer here! But yeah, I'll totally ping you once my shop is set up!

OMG, same here about the smut. Like I'm not disgusted by it or turned off by it or anything...it just makes me shy. Plus, I kinda feel like I'm disturbing a private moment between the characters. Like I know they're not real, but I still feel like I'm walking into someone's room at the wrong time and like "HEY GUYS....oh....uh...I'll just come back later." Lol. So I prefer fluffy more cutesy for that reason. Aww....why hubby no budge? D: I'm sure the world would love to see his art/characters. It would give me someone else to stalk if he did.

And lol...maybe he's just...freeze? And kinda stand there awkwardly? I don't know. Lol. He's just such a cutie. But as for your comic...I'm sure it's not lame! And I'd love to see it sometime. Or the parts you have done anyway.

And done! Again....for now anyway. xD Nobody ever said long replies were a bad thing though, so...

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/11 19:50:56 )
And...I almost had a mini heart attack....

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/13 13:41:03 )
@lordlucre: Haha, that's not a bad thing though! Glad you were able to manage it.
I've always had issues with writing anything, so I'm always amazed when people can write so many unique things. TT ___TT

@star2000shadow: I'm glad I'm not the only one! ||OTL We'll struggle together! Haha.
I had the hardest time with necks at one point- only because someone brought it up. They were just like "How do you draw necks?" and it just.. baffled me for a sec because I've never really thought about it before? Like, you just... draw a line? idk??
I feel like my head/shoulder ratio is always off too. It's why I can't draw anything but chibis. rip

@dragoness129: Thank you! Figured might as well since my event thread was pretty nice.
N-not like I had fun or anything. > A > ;;;

/hugs you back!

@saeyra: Bahahaha. I'm a master at the doggy paddle ok.
It's also hard to swim with like... giant boobs in ur way so. the struggle is real.
Definitely a fan of not having water in my face/mouth. xD

@lithinel: I did too. xD When I went to reply back I was like...oh noooo!!!
Hehe, I have my smart moments sometimes. : >

Gosh, yeah. Even things like applying to other places gets me really nervous because I'll need to meet with them face to face if they decide my resume is decent enough. q ___ q Hahaaaaa. GOSH, YEAH. I haven't changed since High school really.
Hmm. I don't think I mind as much when it's online though. I tend to be more open, though I'm still nervous to post in other people's thread and just.... hang out type of thing.
Oof. Well, that's definitely not cool. It's usually quicker to draw simple OCs anyway though, so what's their problem? squints. Definitely could have handled it in a better manner.

Character-mommy, I like it. xD
YES My gosh. That would hurt my soul. ;;;;
EH? I HAVE? Gosh, how old is it? Is it a really old piece of art- a lot of stuff I'm still hecka embarrassed about. Ahhh, I want to see it though.
I'll probably have more time in the summer to draw, so I might have a sale on squishies and whatnot! n ___n ! I really just have one wedding to attend and then moving into my house, but other than that, I should have tons of spare time. u vu ///

Yes omg. One of my older characters had a lot of traits from me when I was back in school and I set her up with someone who was 100% my type at that time. hahahaha. The guy has sorta...changed a lot, but the feelings are still there. /clutches kokoro
I'm sure you will! I didn't think I'd be married right now either, and whoop here I am.
Shhhhhh. Those are just details. It's kinda more like you're the God, I guess? You created them to be a specific way and act a certain way? Sometimes I think of my characters as Sim characters. ||||OTL I just lean towards.... liking them a bit more than others. Though I totally understand the confusion with being like im ur mom I made u and omg i could kiss u ur perfect? Struggles, man.

Oh nooooooooooo. That's the worst! It's always when you're around people that you don't know as well or don't like either. rip.
Yeah! I'm a teacher. xD Haha. I really need to watch my wording with EVERYTHING. Some of these kids I swear. I don't snitch on them when they do everything wrong, but they run as soon as I make a mistake. Jesus.

Heck yeah! I'm glad I was able to tell someone about it. I was hyped about it when I saw it. I just hope.. it's as cool as it sounds because I haven't really tested it out yet. q vq

Exactly, yeah!
I don't mind the lewd stuff, but the fluffy stuff just kinda has all the same feelings of falling in love again. ;;;
Ehh. He's not really a forum type person. Which also might be a good thing because he's a bit... abrasive at times, and I'm sure some people would be offended and whatnot.
I have some of his art on hand. Hehuehehehe. Some of his characters are saved to my TH too, and I just claim them as my own. /shrugsss
The character he's been using the most is her right now. And this is a slightly older piece (like a few months, but you can already see improvement) but this is his art!
He has a lot of pieces he's been doing for a friend, like constant art trade sorta thing, but it's not like he really uploads it anywhere, so unless he shows me on discord I don't really have it. Ha.

Hmm, maybe? Maybe turn red and little and just ??????????/ xD
He doesn't really know how to act around people, that's for sure. He's a tsundere at heart ok.
Ahhhh. I feel like it's sorta rushed, so I haven't done too many, but you can read it here!

Ahh, I've had trouble with long replies in the past. Not on this websites...I think. But, I've literally had people post in my thread that long posts were intimidating and it made them not want to post. q ___ q

W-what?? HEART ATTACK? Are you okay?

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/13 15:41:52 )
@Yandere: Aww, that's okay. Everyone has their own set of skills. ^ ^

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 20:01:52 )
@yandere: Well. I'm glad this is one of those times you indeed had a smart moment. You literally saved our conversation, which I can tell you is still FAR from being over. Lol

That's one of the reasons I don't work and am unemployed honestly. It may not seem like it from the way I'm talking to you but I have severe GAD and SAD to the point where even just THINKING about having to look or apply for work causes me to enter a panicked state. Let alone actually having to go in for interviews, and then well...actually DEALING with all the work in what not. Actually, when I was still in High School we had to do this "Mock Job Interview" as part of our graduation project and well, before it was my turn, I had a terrible panic attack to the point where I could barely even breathe and had to go to my guidance counselors for almost an entire class period. My guidance counselor had to pull some strings for me, just so I could graduate, since this mock interview was a requirement to do so and I basically failed it. I only had the fake resume we had to type up.

And well besides the interviews and applying and stuff, I have no way of getting to anywhere to go to work since I don't drive and don't want to have to depend on my parents. And again, this is because my anxiety is so terrible that even the thought of having to learn to drive, and take the test alone nearly cause me to have a full- blown panic attack. I have one friend who would possibly be able to help me get back and forth, but that entail having to make sure there are no conflicts between our schedules, and that it's within the same general area and a whole lot of stuff. And public transportation isn't readily available where I live. Like the closet stop to pick it up would require driving to that spot. So believe me when I say, I defintely understand where you're coming from. Living with anxiety as bad as I have it and depression as well....it's basically hell on earth. (And yes, I actually used the word this time.)

But yeah, it was honestly super rude. And I apparently I wasn't the only one she said something similar too. I mean if they turned down my request but in a more respective manner, that would have been fine. Like if they said my characters weren't what they were looking for, it would have been just fine. But to out and out say that they're bland, well that honestly kind of hurt my heart and soul a bit. Even a lot, since I take a lot of time when I'm designing my characters (I mean I'm kinda stuck using generators, avi makers, dollmakers, etc since I don't art very well) but I can (and have) spent hours on creating a single design. Going to different generators even to get one that's just right, and often still having to tweak things along the way or tell artists that certain things aren't super accurate and how to change them. I mean my characters may be simple in terms of their designs since I don't, for example have a character who has both horns and cat ears with a dragon tail that has super long hair styled in both twin tails and like braided space buns that's super hard to color who dresses in some super complex but cute anime uniform--outfit thingy. -- But I don't think that makes them bland. Since I'm a writer, I tend to keep things a bit more on the simple side since I want my readers to relate to my characters, even though they may not be human. (And a lot of them aren't) Like I think it would be much easier as a reader to relate to a character who has dyed hair, and red, yellow, or black eyes--maybe horns (depending on what type of species they are) and nothing else that stands out about them compared to the cat-dragon-girl. Sure her design may be more interesting than mine, but if I were to read about her in a story, I would have a lot more trouble relating to her compared to a horned demon boy or girl. Plus, simple designs means simpler descriptions of a character's appearance which would allow me to focus more on their actions and interactions with others, along with their dialogue, quirks and all the stuff that makes them unique and relatable. And well, more realistic. Despite the fact that they aren't human. You know what I mean? There's nothing wrong with complex designs and all, but I just prefer simpler ones. -shrugs-

It's from March of 2018. So, a little over a year old. It seems to be similar to most of the avatar pictures of your characters on Toyhouse. Or at least, that's what the style reminds me of. And ooh! That would be totally awesome if you did have some kind of sale on Squishies. I'll totally understand if you don't though. <3

Anyway here it is.

And aww, thanks. I guess I just have it give it time. As with everything else in life. Still I can't help but wonder if it will ever happen. Hm...I suppose it is like being a God (or Goddess rather) but either way...the feelings like "I'm your mom/god I made you" and "OMG! You're perfect, kiss me please!" like they truly are confusing feelings. And well, I suppose that's part of the reason, I always set them up characters who are like me. So it's like, it IS me doing all the fun stuff with them and getting swept off my feet by them. Lol. So THOSE characters it's like "okay, you're me...so...act like me and get the guy." lol. Oh the struggles of being attached to characters. Argh. What's going to be really hard is when I eventually have to kill some of my babies off in their stories. It's going to freaking destroy me...

But yeah, thinking of them like Sims characters is an accurate representation really. Since...it is kind of like that. Some of my characters, (and some of my favorite characters from fandoms) I have actually turned into Sims, or rather made Sims versions of. So it's letting me get to live in my worlds a bit. Especially those of fanfic. I've been working on making modern versions of my favorite Lord of the Rings/Hobbit/Tolkien characters (and some of my non-favorites as well.) so that I can start multiple games in that universe and basically make a ton of AUs. I even made a modern version of my older LotR character who I've never gotten any art of or written about due to no longer connecting with her. But rather than throw her away or just let her rot, I figured, "meh, why not just recycle her and use her. Just not as my main." So -shrugs- I figured why not include her in Sims as well. But the thing is...I don't know what to do with her character exactly. Since well, she and my official LotR OC were both made to be partners of the same guy, and he is so NOT a polyamorist lol. Or polygamist for that matter. Like do I make her his ex? The mean girl trying to steal him? Both in some AUs? Or should I just make her a side/very minor character. So many choices argh!!!!

Well I mean, that's kids in general. I'm an auntie and my parents and I sometimes end up watching them for their parents...and yeah, you have to watch what you say/do because as soon as you make a mistake... "MOMMY...."
Lol.

And ooh! He has really nice art too! You guys are like a super artist couple! Which to me, makes you guys even more adorable!

Thanks so much for your comic link too! I'll be sure to check it out!

Oh wow...that's unfortunate...hopefully our use of spoilers will stop people from freaking out and being intimated.

And no! No I'm fine. Not a real heart attack, like a metaphorical one! Like when you can't find your phone or your wallet and die a little/freak out inside. THAT kind. Sorry I should have been more clear. I was getting ready to submit my post but since I had waited so long, I got logged out of Voltra and thought I lost everything. Thankfully, I kept clicking back in my browser and everything was saved.

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 20:02:45 )
@yandere: And that's even more long and detailed...I'm so sorry.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/16 11:03:30 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Squidplay | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

@Yandere: at least your chibis are adorable as all heck 'nods' i can't do hands and arms ether. i can do baby faces but that's about it face wise..

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 01:40:39 )
@lordlucre: Yeah, that's true. xD

@lithinel: Hahaha. Yeah, they happen sometimes. Hahaha
HECK YEAH. I still have a bunch to talk about too! Especially since we have a lot of OC talk to do.

Gosh, I can understand that. If I was constantly in stress from family talking about how I need a job, then I wouldn't be working either. I'm constantly in stress all the time. It's even worse when parents get on my case. God.
I honestly don't know what GAD and SAD are besides the Anxiety disorder... type part maybe. I've never officially be diagnosed with anxiety. (My father-in-law is a psychologist, and mentioned it when I was talking about working in the first place, but nothing past that. Rip.It's awkward in front of your in-laws. You know? )
I needed to update my resume and I literally panicked as well. Though, I have an interview on the 30th for a new job, so we'll see. Interviews are just not my thing... they seem so fake and you have to lie yourself in sometimes. I hate lying.
God, yeah. I needed to do that too, but thankfully I got an easy question. SWEATS. Literally was shaking and got saved the second time around because it ended.

Phew. YEp. I don't have my drivers license either. HAHA. My husband drives me everywhere. He is my rock. /clings to him.
Public transit is god awful anyway, you wouldn't want to do anythign liek that.
I completely understand though. I'm a pretty bubbly person usually, but only once I get to know someone. Also online really helps since you can't see me looking off in the distance or fidgeting with my fingers or something. Makes everything a lot less awkward.

Oh gosh, that is awful. There's been cases of horrible artists that I've heard pretty often. Usually it's a well-known artist and they think they can just be rude because they have nice art. /shrugs. I've seen it pretty often on Gaia. Not so much now (though I can't afford normally, so I don't subscribe to their threads or read up anything on them anyway. /shrugs.
Sometimes a simple "no, thank you" works. Though, I've said that before and people ask why sometimes as well. Even when I mention that it's just not something that I wanted to draw, I've had people comment that it looks exactly like X character, so it should be fine. Sighs. They're just no winning on either end sometimes.
No, I completely understand that. u vu ///
I think part of the reason why I got into drawing in the first place was because I wanted to put a face to a name type of thing.
I honestly think more complex designs are really annoying sometimes. I focus so much on the details and trying to get them right , that I mess up on proportions or hair style or something. Though I've had a few really nice detail pieces as well. Just depends on the character and how artistic I'm feeling at the moment, I guess.

Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.
AHHH.
THE PERSPECTIVE. I CRINGE. I AM GOMEN TO THE UTMOST WEEBNESS.
Though, it's really not a horrible piece.
I might do a sketchy squishy spring break sale! * A*

I literally thought I was going to be forever alone with like 50 cats. (still working on the cats part, I only have two. HAHA)
Somewhat! It's still grey either way. It's a lose/lose. "I created you" -> hence why you are imperfectly perfect. xD
It's the worst when I have a character and I love their design, but I can't give them a personality or a fitting name and they just.... sit there. But, THEY'RE SO PRETTY. xDD
Oof, yeah. I have a few yandere characters, so they tend to kill off others. Also... I have a death planned for someone in my Ambiguities story- but I've been so lazy with the comic. /flops

Yeah! Sims tends to fit it really well. n ___n
I've never really gotten into the fandom portion of things. Though, I really get into certain types of animes. I feel like I'm just not creative enough to incorporate my fictional character into a world that's already set. Especially when some details are really specific. The only thing I really have is Pokemon, but it's in a separate land type of thing. Also I have a Splatoon character... but again nothing really past that. whoops.

Hmmmmm. I mean.... it could be an AU type of thing? OR MAYBE THEY WERE CLONED? OR A LONG LOST TWIN? xD
PLOT TWIST. Baahahaha.
There really is so many choices. TT ___ TT It's a love/hate relationship. Which way will it go? You will never knowww.

Hmmm. I mean, I work with kids. Some of them just run to their parents.
My mom trusted me, but if my teacher told her anything, she would believe the adult over me ANY day. Why would teacher just create lies though? Like, really what's the point? e ____ e

Heheh, i think his art is a lot better than mine, but I'm definitely better at color/shading then he is. >:3c
He really only got into digital art pretty recently again though. maybe like two months?

Hehe, let me know what you think! I honestly might add more panels or fix things. I know it's kinda... to the point. I'm bad at writing though, so I'll take all criticism! TT ___TT !! Maybe it will give me motivation to work on it again. /flops.
Yeah, I hope so too. > > ;; I haven't had that problem (long posts) on here yet, but you never know. Need to make sure I'm covering all my bases.

Oh god, okay. Good. xD I was really worried there for a sec. Haha.
Losing my phone is the worstttttttt. I don't have the "find my iphone" thing either. x ____ x
I LITERALLY JUST DID THE SAME THING. I HIT THE VOLTRA FORUMS TAB AND ALMOST LOST MY WHOLE CONVERSATION.
Thank you voltra gods for having that save feature in posts. I've lost lots of replies from gaia and just.... gave up. ahahah.

@star2000shadow: I mean, I guess. They don't always look the same in my opinion. orz
I've tried drawing non-chibi stuff, but it always turns out looking weird.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 02:35:43 )

Questing: Virtuous Guard x2 | Alice | Merlantis | Sticky Fingers x2 | Squidplay | Woodland Fae x1 | Splish Splash x1

@Yandere: well look at it this way your 'shoulderless' and 'handless avis'a re SUPER cute and if i had the volts I'd so be buying one. cause thie rjsut the cutest things.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 03:30:56 )
@star2000shadow: /slaps down reverse card
ur just the cutest.
so take that.
k o f f

@q t e a p o n: For the most part, yes! * V*
Ahhhhhhhhh. Thank you!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 03:55:42 )
@Yandere: Oh goodness, the one we got this week. x'D I'm pretty worried about it, to be honest. Gonna need a loooooot of research.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 10:06:09 )

@Yandere: LOL aww your adorable 'shakes head'

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 14:44:03 )
@lordlucre: Oh nooo. What is it about this time? xD

@q t e a p o n: A bit, yeah. But, really when is it not? orz.
I have a concert coming up though too!! Very excited. Though that week is a bit hectic anyway, so.

@star2000shadow: EH?
That's not how this works. KAJfhaskdjfhads

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 17:02:50 )
@Yandere: Censorship, but from the perspective of something controversial, like a serial killer, pedophile priest, stuff like that.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 17:58:59 )

@Yandere: well maybe it should be how it works..

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 17:02:20 )
@lordlucre: Oh, oh god. That sounds really difficult. Also, kinda weird since you'd have to view something negative and write about it as if it's okay.
@ ___ @ Gosh.

@star2000shadow: EH.
Totally not!

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 17:31:48 )
@Yandere: I knoooow! Dx

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 00:37:29 )
@lordlucre: /pats your shoulder.
Best of luck!

TH || dA ||webtoon

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/21 00:40:32 )
@Yandere: I'll do my best!
Lucifer's Pet

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.