Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat New job made me cri

Donator — Any Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 15:43:50 )

》::: ✿・`.*
panera has alot of damn food to put on line n im an opener. idk where anything is or where it goes and the people who have trained me all made me do other stuff while they opened so i have like no idea??
anyway some older woman whos been here awhile kept telling me what to do all passive aggressive n saying stuff under her breath or went to managers about me (she did abt another new girl too just bc she hasnt caught on either) like man wtf im new and ive only worked weekends and im opening all by myself i dont need ur sass
anyway i cried lol i got so upset and felt like im a failure argggh my manager told me i was fine and i did my best which made me cry more bc niceness isnt something Im used to at all
TLDR; FASTFOOD IS STRESSFUL and now i feel like a big baby
*.`・✿ ::: 《
Please ping me!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 16:04:15 )

Tbh the manager probably can't do much anyway about it... and probably knows that the employees sent you off instead of teaching you like they were supposed to. In my town, the manager is who is the one who teaches everyone how to do their job, mainly because this was and has been an issue forever. Hopefully, the old lady will quiet down while you learn.
Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 23:15:48 )

I've been in your shoes before. It's ok! You will be fine.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/20 23:29:13 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Panera is such a stressful job.
My cousin worked there, and they gave him NO breaks at all
and it gets so busy there.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/21 11:52:12 )

Ahhh I've had a similar experience. Don't give up!
When I first started working at my current job I also had an older worker act all passive agressive on me when I was first starting out. You are still new so mistakes are bound to happen. I know the feeling sucks but you can also use the experience to improve your performance next time, it'll get better with practice as long as you put your mind to it. Fast food is pretty stressful but it'll get easier once you're used to it.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/25 21:45:33 )
This all makes me very glad that the manager said it'd probably be too fast-paced for me when I had the interview.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/26 05:21:39 )
...The manager said it would be too fast-paced for you, then hired you? I mean, that just sounds like they were setting you up for failure. Don't be hard on yourself. Restaurants are very stressful and ANY job is made worse when you don't receive proper training. I've quit several jobs because nobody would explain my duties and train me properly. I don't want to waste my time or feel useless.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.