Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got my haircut tonight

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 06:39:22 )

I just got the dead ends trimmed off. My hair feels better now. I think it had been about 9 months since I had a haircut last.
What about for you guys?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 09:13:40 )

I trimmed off the fuzz on the back/sides a few days ago, as I usually do every few weeks. As for the rest of it, haven't cut it in at least 3, maybe 4 years now. I'm debating whether to let the undercut grow out and just leave it all long, or if I should just wait for it to get long enough and then re-cut the back/sides, because a period of time where I didn't have a mirror caused some accidents to happen and now the back is uneven/goes up too high for my liking. No one really notices but me, but that's enough. I guess if/when I give in and start letting the rest of my hair grow back in, I'll have plenty of time to decide whether or not I want to go back to an undercut after it's grown out. It'll be at least a year, which is why I haven't bothered to start the process yet. Hair is a pain in the butt.

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 09:18:12 )
i need oneee
i'm a bleach blonde so i get my ends trimmed pretty regularly.
i go about every 3-4 months
my hair gay usually does a bit of treatment, bleaches & tones, and a bit of a trim
my natural hair color is black so it needs lots of love
i'm a rascally rabbit
rap game bugs bunny

horsey facey

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 10:15:46 )

I will cut my hair again later this week

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 10:19:16 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
haven't really noticed any split ends so i'm just letting it grow out. i miss having it long, past my shoulders.

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 20:48:13 )

@Totalanimefan: I got a haircut on Dec. 29th (2018) and donated my hair so i got it cut really short to be able to do so. (A little above my shoulders) It's growing back pretty fast though.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 21:54:10 )

@Count Trashula: Yeah it can be a pain. I do like it when it's freshly cut though. It's nice.

@chouchou: I need to get my own hair gay. lol

@Tuijp: again? When did you get it cut last?

@Terror 404: It takes a while to get split ends luckily. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/20 21:54:27 )

@RainbowPanda: That's really nice of you that you donated your hair!

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 03:15:21 )
@Totalanimefan: i think it also helps that my sister loves skincare and beauty products.
so she's constantly like "try this one!!" in the shampoo/soap aisle.
she recommends some good stuff... although it's expensive.
@RainbowPanda: good on you! i used to donate my hair too after it grew way too long.
why throw out hair if it can go towards helping someone else, right?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 03:31:18 )

@Terror 404: that’s cool. My sister is the same. She’s a hairstylist. She works at a nice salon.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 03:41:37 )
@totalanimefan: I got a really bad haircut in March of 2017 and have not trusted anyone to touch my hair since!
Actual conversation-
Me: Uhmmm why is one side significantly shorter than the other?
Her: it’s because of the way you part your hair.
Me: okay... but after my hair is parted the correct way, which it is right now, it should all look the same length....
Her: *shrugs*

AND it was at my chin instead of the shoulder like I wanted.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 03:49:54 )
@totalanimefan: yeah I keep wondering if my sister shouldn't consider going to beauty school... she really has a passion for it.
@Mousy: sorry to butt in but omg what a disaster!! this is why they should ask which way you part it first.
i thought that's what they were supposed to do anyway? i'd leave a negative review and never go back.
i hope you didn't pay too much for that mess.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 04:00:15 )
@terror 404: butt in anytime! 😄
I paid more than I usually would and tipped too because I just can’t not leave a tip, but I cried as soon as I got in my car. Which is ridiculous because it all grows back, but it really messes with your self-esteem!

And they DID ask and I showed them and my hair has been trained into this part for so long.

Ugh just thinking about it. I want to trim my hair again and give it some shape, but I can’t bring myself to do it.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 06:12:28 )
Nope nope nope....

My hair is down past my hips, so I have trust issues with people cutting it. XDD;;;
It's long enough where I can the ends around front to cut them, though. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 08:42:12 )
@Mousy: that must have been so upsetting... and i know people always say "it grows back" but dang it, it takes time!
so you look like a fool for at least a few months, and then it loses its shape and starts to look like a blob.
i'm in the process of growing mine out long again and dang, i look like a mess most days. i will until it gets to my shoulders.
you could try cutting it yourself but i dunno if i can recommend it. there are certain techniques that stylists use.
you could end up looking worse and all choppy. or be like my sister and accidentally hack off most of your bangs. yikes!

Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 10:30:19 )

@Totalanimefan: in December, I believe? I’m trying to grow the blond part out, that I dyed last year. When I’d cut it now, that will be out and my hair has its own, natural colour again.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 19:59:56 )

@Mousy: I got a haircut like that in high school. I went to a real salon to fix it and the owner thought I cut my own hair. That’s how bad it was!

@Terror 404: it could be worth it. She should look into it

@Kozi: that makes it pretty easy though.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 20:00:35 )

@Tuijp: the sun can make my hair more blonde. I cut off the part that saw the sun over the summer though haha

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 21:46:05 )

@Totalanimefan: my own hair gets more red the more sun it sees

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/21 23:16:49 )

@Tuijp: I do have a little bit of red in my hair but it’s hard to see. My cousins have very red hair. It’s beautiful.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.