Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Otaku Neko [Bring us your cat pics and anime/manga suggestions!]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 22:56:20 )

@Kent: Haha sorry. My husband likes them.
No I haven't seen it. Is it currently airing?

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 23:04:15 )

@Totalanimefan: Nah, it's from 2019. We watched it when it was simulcast on crunchy.
Well, I think the song grows on you the more you watch the series. Goes pretty well with the story too. X3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/9 23:50:17 )

@Kent: That's cool. Maybe I should watch that anime. There wasn't much that I was watching this season except for Shenmue and My Dress Up Darling.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 19:24:46 )

@Totalanimefan: That's it?! D: You should be watching Sasaki & Miyano and at least one of the sports anime (Futsal Boys or Salaryman Club)!!! D:
XD
Sasaki & Miyano is soooo sweet and beautifully animated. My Dress-up Darling is really pretty too~ I can't believe how oblivious that girl is though. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/10 20:09:03 )

@Kent: My husband reads the manga and he said the anime added a lot of horny that he's not a fan of lol. I haven't read the manga but I agree with him. I would like to watch Sasaki and Miyano. I'm not super into sports anime, which is weird because I like basketball and I used to do Taekwondo.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 18:27:30 )

@Totalanimefan: I’m not a fan of all the fan service either… But the cosplays are amazing and it’s so cool that a boy made them! > w<
Aww, some are really good! These two aren’t as great as others but not as bad as the worst so… You could be watching something better like Haikyu. XD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 18:32:37 )

@Kent: Yeah they are, and I really like the two main characters. I think they are written really well. It's nice to see a girl in anime that isn't just a sterotype and is like a real girl lol.
I have heard over the many years that Haikyu is very good. Just not into sports anime. Normally during a season there's about 6 different on-going anime I'm watching.
Oh I finished Odd Taxi last week. Super good.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 19:32:43 )

@Totalanimefan: The boy is adorable. Idk. I find it hard to believe a girl that's that pretty and girly would ignore/not know how her scantily clad body would affect an average teenage boy...
It's definitely my favorite! > w< The boys are so cool and I love how they grow as a team.
Ooh. What makes it good? I've been sorta interested. o:

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 19:42:32 )

Btw, what are your favorite anime? o: Or at least, favorite genre of anime.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 19:55:23 )

@Kent: Yeah that's true, but some people don't really think of themselves sexually or are ACE. I don't think she's ACE though.
That's the draw about sports anime. You get to see people working together and going through hardships and working together.

All of the characters are connected, and you try to figure out what is going on or going to happen next before it actually happens in the story. The cliffhangers are good, but I also don't find it to be anxiety producing like some shows can be when they try to be suspenseful. The story is also very original.

That's always a hard one for me. I have like top anime. I would say One Piece (although the manga is much better), Cardcaptor Sakura, Full Mental Panic series, Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun, Erased, Yu Yu Hakusho, Gintama, Nana, Princess Jellyfish and I could go on but I think that's a good starting point.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 20:12:26 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it's funny how she loved a character from a totally erotic show but doesn't think of erotic things in real life. XP It's like she thought sex is a fantasy or something.
Totally!! I love the idea of learning how to work together on a partnership and overcoming challenges together. ; w; It's something that sounds so hard irl...

Ooh, so it's sorta like an anthology series? o: That sounds fun to watch.

Interesting. I loved One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho when I watched them on tv. I'd love to watch those again someday. I so need to read and watch Nana in full already... Erased and Princess Jellyfish are soooo good!! * o* Oh, have you watched Gokusen? I think you'd like it. The art style is a little funny but I loved watching it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/11 22:52:34 )

@Kent: Yeah that was really funny, and I don't even know if she liked it for the erotica, she just seemed to be into the characters lol
It's hard, but rewarding in rl. ^^

It's like a movie that plays out over a bunch of episodes? It's unique and I recommend it. ^^ I think a lot of people that did watch it said it was anime of the year.
I also watched those on TV. Now I still keep up with the One Piece anime and manga but I'm behind lol.
I loved reading (and watching) Nana, but the Mangaka got hospitalized from overwork and stress related to the series, and she hasn't picked up the pen yet. That happened in 2009. I feel for her. I'm also sad that the story will never be finished. There was a big plot twist just a few chapters before she went on hiatus.
I'm on the last volume of Princess Jellyfish. I was renting it from the library, and then Rona happened. I can't find it on e-book anywhere to rent so I might just find a scan. I have heard of it but I haven't watched it. Maybe I should?

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 23:01:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I'm pretty sure she ignored the erotic aspect. XD She loved that girl's personality.
Definitely!

That sounds pretty nice to watch. O: I love trying to connect dots and such in storylines. Why do you think they used anthropomorphic animals instead of humans?
Sure was hard to keep track of One Piece when it just kept/keeps on going. XD
I loved reading it when it was serialized in the Shojo Beat magazine. Wow, I'm surprised I didn't know that! That's so heartbreaking... Would hate to see it not end before she dies... I wonder if she wants to finish it or not.
What volume is the last volume? o: I should totally borrow it from the library too. I loved the time a binge-watched it with Hadsvich in the middle of the night. XD Can't borrow from the library anymore?
You totally should. I love the characters! Such lovely delinquent boys and such a cool teacher. X3

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/14 23:24:58 )

@Kent: lol yes.
I like the choice, but I can't tell you why because it would give something away in the story. ^^; But if you watch you will learn why they did that!
Yes it is hard to keep up with One Piece's story. I'm not that far behind, I'm still in Wano-kuni which is the latest arc, but I'm like a year behind.
OMG I read it in Shojo Beat too and then around like 2008 when the magazine was no longer I would read Nana and Vampire Knight online. I got pretty far in VK but then something happened in the story, and I wasn't really into it, and then I dropped it about 10-15 chapters after that. I was reading Nana pretty much right when the chapter translations would come out, and then I was like you know, I haven't read it in a while and I googled it and learned about that new when it was only a few months ago. I think it's really sad. I would love to her to finish the story or have like a press conference or something and tell people the story. Like I said, there was something big that happened a few chapters before the hiatus, and we will never know how punk Nana will react to the news, because as far as the story goes, she doesn't know yet. I also just loved how kinda real the story felt and the characters felt. Of course there were some famous people in the story, but it all felt so believable.
I believe volume 9 is the last volume of Princess Jellyfish. The opening and ending for the anime are super good. The anime is only 13 eps so the manga covers way more. But the story stays just as good in my opinion. I moved away from that library during the pandemic. I don't believe the local library has the title. I've looked online.
That sounds great. Do you know if I can watch it streaming anywhere, or do I have to go to the shady sites? XD

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/15 16:28:27 )

@Totalanimefan: Interesting. That makes me wanna watch it even more. o:
I think I stopped watching when they went into skypeia or whatever it's called.
I was never that into VK even though the art was gorgeous. I always wanted to collect the Nana manga, but never got around to it. A press conference or even novel written by someone else and supervised by her would be pretty cool. Or maybe even a complete anime that she supervises? I read that the girly Nana might've got into an accident and died or something? XD That is a twist. Yeah, it's very slice of life. I love manga and anime that portray average life realistically. Famous people are humans too! X3
Huh. o: I don't remember the opening and ending now, but I think I liked them too. XD Yeah, I wish the anime was longer. Aw, that sucks! My library is pretty awesome. * u* Though I guess it no longer has some of those really old classic manga.
Well, I noticed it's on youtube so I think that's an okay place to watch it. XD Man, hearing the opening totally gave me nostalgia. Reminded me how much I actually love that series. I really like the pretty boy in it too. XD

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/16 16:57:23 )

@Totalanimefan: Did my previous ping work? I forgot to write it in when I posted and edited it in instead. XD

Also. Hadsie and I watched the first ep of ODDTAXI yesterday!!!! It's so much more serious than I thought it would be!! And I think I sorta understand what's going on with the protagonist??? It's so very intriguing. Wow...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 16:05:40 )

@Kent: I don’t think that pings work after the fact ^^;
Yeah VK was really pretty. As for Nana that’s not what happened but someone did die. I don’t know if I want to spoil who it was I think that you’ll just have to read it lol. Continuing the anime or having a press conference or something I think might be best unless she thinks that she might be able to pick up the pen again. The end of the anime deferred very slightly from the manga it showed more of the future but a lot of people think that it’s not necessarily wrong and maybe the mangaka just told them what’s gonna happen in the future? It’s hard to say. I’m glad that you guys watched odd taxi. Sorry I didn’t explain that it’s serious. It doesn’t get too stressful or too dark.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 16:05:58 )

I have the best of Nana CD and I really like it

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 18:39:49 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, it sucks that they don't. When I edited in pings on Menewsha, it would work. Wonder why Voltra doesn't work that way.
Must've read that wrong then. XD Or remembered wrong. I do remember musician Nana's love interest died? I think I remember that correctly. XD Yeah, I really should read it. Huh, interesting.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to watching the rest~ Yeah, it just has so much mystery to it. I'm really interested to see what happens.

Donator — he/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/17 18:40:24 )

Oooh~ Please post your favorite Nana song from youtube! O:

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.