Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Car troubles again

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 22:01:37 )

I bought a new car about a week ago. On Monday night my car went into a panic mode. The alarms and lights where flashing, and I couldn’t get into the car at all. It was under complete lock down. I called road side assistance. They said they couldn’t turn it off, they called a tow truck for me but it would take an hour and a half for them to get to me.

I waited outside with my husband in the cold it was about 11pm at night and the alarm went off for 45 mins. A few of my neighbors asked if I was ok. I apologized over and over. I was so embarrassed and stressed. I would have hated to be one of my neighbors that night. There was nothing I could do though.

Finally when the tow guy came he asked if we could put the car in neutral, I said we were completely locked out of it, he said to not touch the car because the alarm might go off again and he didn’t have the right kind of tow truck to tow a car not in neutral. He said there would be a new person in the morning.
7am the new guy was there to tow it and the alarm goes off again. No one can stop it but at least this time it’s in the process of being taken away.

The dealer told me it was the 12V battery that was failing. I can’t believe something like that would cause that much of a ruckus. Like I got the point after 3 alarms. I’m about to go and pick up the car and it should be cover, but if it’s no so help me. I will be that person. This is 100% the dealers fault. How could they sell me a certified used car only to have the battery fail a week in?!?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 22:06:18 )

Yeah electricity does WEIRD things to cars. Once the power spiked when I started my car due to corrosion on my battery it made the spedometer spin completely around and got stuck. That was about $200 to fix btw lol.

Car dealers are very shifty but also a lot of those guys aren't making very much either. Most are commission based positions. Likely it just got overlooked or they didn't reinspect the battery after it had been sitting for a while. Or they mixed up batteries and thought this was a new one and not an old one. Who knows.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 00:16:03 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I know right?! I got it serviced at a different dealer. They did a ton of tests on it. I saw the notes. It's now in perfect working order.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 00:16:53 )

@Priestess of Pie: Wow that was an expensive fix. I have the car back now, it didn't cost me anything and it's working well.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 00:54:33 )

I'm glad it worked out and it didn't cost you any more.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 01:26:36 )

@Priestess of Pie: thanks. Me too.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/12 20:00:45 )
Oh wow that's so weird, and also scary. I'm glad it wasn't anything major though?!

ps grats on the new car :3!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 03:57:44 )

@Addy: thank you. I haven’t seen you around in a while. How are you?

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 05:40:44 )
@totalanimefan: very good despite not being around much! just spending a lot of time with the boyfriend and neither of us have had much time for internets and stuff ;w;
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 08:17:16 )
If the battery failed where did the alarm get the energy to go off that long? O.o

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 17:38:39 )

@Luffer Nutter: I don’t know. I think the alarm is to say the battery is dangerously low. When they did the testing it was only at 4volts instead of 12. Anything below half is failing I believe. 596

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 17:39:23 )

@Addy: good to hear that you are doing well. I was super busy last semester so I only came back on after Christmas. 597

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/13 18:39:37 )
My mom had a car once where the electrical system glitched.
Whenever you honked the horn, the radio would screw up and you had to turn it off and wait a few minutes. XDD;;
Then when you turned it back on, it was okay until you needed to use the horn again. XDD;;

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 19:57:47 )

@Kozi: Oh my gosh, that's awful! How long did she have that problem for?
My car is fine now by the way. 769

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/14 22:31:51 )
@Totalanimefan: A few years, until she got rid of the car. It was an old car. XD

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 00:49:39 )
Here in the darkness I know myself

Glad it’s all working again.
That sounds like a hassle
Can’t break free until I let it go.
Let me go..

Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 04:15:15 )

@Lithium: 802
Yeah it really was.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:45:25 )
@totalanimefan: ooh okay man I am so clueless when it comes to most car stuff XD

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 23:32:55 )

@Luffer Nutter: it’s ok. Don’t worry about it haha 847

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.