Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2018 Warmth at the Animal Shelter [12pm Saturday VOTING ENDS]

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:21:10 )
Argh. This is quite a hard decision to make. I love animals. Specially cats. They have a special place in my heart.

@Vivienne: How I wish you could adopt them all. But we know it's not even possible. Sigh.

Okay, I'm picking Cat #1. I think she would be a good little companion for you. Feeding her wouldn't be a big problem at all.
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:23:15 )
@vontell: Fine
Kitty #1 then..

BUT
Kitty #2 would give you lots of fun memories with a mischievous cat

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:23:21 )
@Fielkun: She really is a darling, and its not like I can't relate to loving food haha. However her food obsession
does sound serious, as she will jump and beg relentlessly and try to steal from human plates. Then again, that
sounds like it might be charming too? haha. I'll count your vote in!

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:24:41 )
@Mousy: I relate to the dillema and it hurts my heart knowing I'll be NOT picking three trust me.
Hmm, are you voting for Kitty one or two? I think one but you seem undecided. :)
*Pets the marbled boy who plops in my lap and plays with my curls*'

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:30:21 )
oh gosh this cutie kitty is making it tough.

I like kitty #1 because she'll be helpful with anxiety and I had a cat that had zero food boundaries. It wasn't too bad.
Meowing all the time might be problematic at night though.

I originally chose kitty #1 because she seemed more like a lap cat, but here's kitty #2 plopped onto your lap.

However, it probably wouldn't be a good thing if the kitty can get into cabinets and you'd need locks for things.

okay I vote kitty #1
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:33:50 )

Yeah, I do not think cabinet locks are that expensive. Baby proofing the house sounds like an easy endeavor.
But mental combat with a cat? Sounds potentially intense...or fun! Risks are risks.
Your vote is taken in @Mousy: Thanks for all your help today!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:45:30 )

@Vivienne: I vote cat 2
That cat will be very fun and interesting to have around. Everyday will be an adventure!

Reason:
I am a cat person and cat 1's incessant meowing would drive me insane XD

Always ping me please.

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:49:18 )
He does seem like a cute rascal @Saeyra: and Ah, I realize I might have been too hasty myself.
I will leave voting up into tomorrow afternoon for those who went to bed and might have some wisdom to share.
Wish I could spend the night here snuggling with them all.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 02:59:26 )
I vote for cat #1! She sounds so sweet! I love chatty cats too. * u* Just needa watch her weight and tell her no when she wants your food.
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 04:13:06 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I didn't think Volties were mostly cat people! xD
I'll put my own hat in for Cat #2

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 04:17:33 )

Mama cat! Mama cat! She reminds me of my boy Mallow. He's a foodaholic and cries whenever he thinks food is a thing. He's the most sweet and cuddly cat ever otherwise though and the meowing DOES eventually stop. XD You get used to it. Once you work out a food schedule and feed them on time for a while, the meowing only really happens when it's meal time.

I also have a mischevious cat and, while I adore him to pieces, I know someone not used to owning a cat may not appreciate his shenanigans. XD

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 04:29:12 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Vivienne: I vote Dog #2.
After recent events, I think a smart and protective dog would be good for Viv & Van.
Maybe we can avoid either of them becoming victims of dark circumstances in the future.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 11:26:14 )

I'd go for mama cat, she sounds so sweet..

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 12:04:57 )
I vote cat #1, GIVE HER YOUR FOOD SHE DESERVES IT.

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 13:44:59 )
My vote is for Kitty #1. Food anxiety is common, but can be dealt with. If the kitty is fed at the same time as you, that can help a lot.
She should be fed within view of you, but otherwise prevented from stealing your food.
(I had one kitty that I had to feed in an XXL doggy crate because of this, or she would be too scared to eat. D: )
Make sure she knows that her food is safe, and don't take the dish away until she's absolutely done with it, and has walked away.
Calming things like sprays or herbs, could help out as well. :3

I love the sound of Kitty#2, but you'd have to be home a LOT. It sounds like he'd destroy the house if not watched over.
So unless someone is home full-time to give him all of the attention he craves, I'd say go with Kitty#1.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 14:28:44 )
I’m also going to vote for kitty #1~
It’s nice having a cat that calms you down~

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 15:05:53 )
I would go for cat #1

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.