Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2018 Warmth at the Animal Shelter [12pm Saturday VOTING ENDS]

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:08:35 )

Opening the door to Voltra's Animal Rescue, a bell chimes off above the frame and immediately Vivi is beaming at the sight.
Several play pen areas with dogs of varying breeds, ages and sizes were throughout the large room barking their own seasons
greetings to her. She kneels to pet one of the more excited dogs, whose snorts beg her to laugh.

"Glad to see you here, Vivienne." Vontell extends a hand to help Vivienne upright. The dog she had
been patting protests by trying to scratch at her leg, she gives one last apologetic pat before moving forward with Vontell.
"Same to you and of course Mr. Leo!" Leo squeals gently in content before burrowing himself back
into the warmth of Vontell's arms.

"So yeah, I guess the woman who runs this shelter unfortunately caught a stomach bug. I was worried I would be the only
one with time to volunteer today! Though I am sure I would have managed being experienced with Leo and all.
"
Vontell snuggled
his face into Leo's but placed him down into a small pet bed and grabbed a clipboard off of the desk.
"Well actually, I was already supposed to make a stop here today anyway! So this all works out pretty nifty."
Vivienne can't contain her excitement as she twiddles her fingers around and her smile unwavering while bouncing up on her tippy toes every few moments. "Oh? Was somebody planning to gift one of these precious animals a home this Solstice?" Vontell scans
over the list of tasks on the clipboard but looks back up to Vivienne who appears she is about to implode. YUP!
Her sudden crescendo in volume startled several of the animals, causing them to blare off in barks of competitive volumes. Embarrassed,
Vivi gives an apologetic looks as Vontell chuckles and guides her into the cat room for more peace and quiet.

"I'm happy for you Viv, am I to assume this is still a secret from Vanora?" Vivienne rapidly nods her head up and down, her
smile and wide eyes returned before being startled by a cat who had leaped for her shoulders. "Ah! whoa there!"
A hearty laugh escapes both Vivi and Vontell. He reaches to remove the cat from her shoulders but the cat protests and bounces off her instead and back up into it's cat tree. "Well, I guess we won't win them all over. Shall we get started on this list so that we may decide which creature you'll be adding to your family?" Opening her bag and unloading supplies from her salon, Vivienne lines them up neatly and places a glove on.
"Ready when you are, Vontell!"

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:13:37 )

Objective
Vivienne and Vontell have offered to Volunteer at Voltra's Animal Rescue this holiday!
Being left a list of 8 tasks, team work will help get these animals the care that they need.
Once the work is all said and done, stick around for a vote of which pet Vivienne should rescue
and bring home to Vanora for Solstice!
(4 Gif based tasks, and a series of 4 Word Scrambles)
These tasks have been completed, please read the
next post to participate in voting! Thank you.

Let's go from bottom to the top, help me unscramble this list of cats?

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:15:33 )
SUCESS! But ONE last task:
After a hard day of work, Volunteering at Voltra's Animal Rescue it's time for Vivienne's big moment.
She can only bring one pet home, who will it be? Please read each adoptable animal's description and
post in the thread your vote and why Vivienne should choose this one.

CAT 1:
This blue eyed, white cat with tan ears and legs that looks like she is wearing boots sneaks her way between Vivienne's legs and looks up at her longingly. Crouching down to pet the darling, she purrs delightfully and even stands upright on her hind legs to reach Vivienne's face and rub her own whiskers up against. Enamored with kitty, Vivienne looks in the portfolio the ID number and read her story.

Found outside on a cold winter day, a litter of kittens trying to feed from her but she was too malnourished to produce milk. Kind Samaritan brought she and her kittens in and the outcome looked bleak for the mama. However, time and patience she prevailed to make a full recovery. All of her kittens have been adopted and she finds herself longing for a family of her own. Pros: Nurturing like behavior would be good for both Vivienne and Vanora's anxiety, she’s very sweet. Cons: Seems her time being feral has left her food obsessed and struggles with boundaries when she senses you're eating a hot meal. Meows incessantly.

CAT 2:
This green eyed, grey cat with black marble markings-a white belly and white fur around the eyes that looks like eye liner-flicks a toy over at Vivienne. Amused, she tosses it back before trying to get back to work. However this boy has other plans, he leaps up to place an assertive paw down on her clipboard and his fierce almost wild like look commands her attention. Deciding his efforts shouldn’t go to waste, she flips through her portfolio for the ID on his tag to read his story.

Was surrendered a few months ago by a family who claimed their new dog was not cat friendly.
They had raised him since a kitten, and has found himself lost and rather needy since being let go by the family he had bonded with. He’s been friendly to everyone who walks in the door, but none yet have shown interest.

PROS: Very loyal and intelligent cat, will surprise and entertain even those who would claim to strictly love dogs. CONS: With intelligence comes mischief, he will hide your car keys and shred your work uniform in attempts to keep you home and spending time with him. Can open cabinets and doors, so without locks nothing is safe.

DOG 1

This BIG boy weighs more than Vivienne. When it came to Vivienne shampooing him, he undeniably smiled as his bear like paw hit the ground repetitively in pure pleasure. His long hair with red and white blended throughout was a brilliant sight to see all cleaned up. He graciously licked Vivienne and placed his enormous head on her lap as he took a quick nap. Charmed by his demeanor, Vivienne asks Vontell to look up his ID number and read his story to her.
Reported to animal rescue tied to a tree outside. No one in sight, just left in the cold. Not even a microchip or collar. When first discovered he initially refused to move from his spot but after a while prompting with treats, he hesitantly came forth. But has been a snuggle bunny since.
PROS Very loving and grateful dog, who is quiet and on the lazy side so not a handful usually.
CONS Excessive amounts of fur and drool requiring regular grooming. Due to the lazy inclination he really takes effort to coax outside for his own health. Scared of thunder (will wet the house).

DOG 2
She’s a large dog, but small comparative to the other boy. Black and white with long fur and ice blue eyes It’s hard not to notice her. Vivienne extended her hand to pet her and the dog in return shoved her entire face embarrassingly in between Vivienne’s legs. Backing up laughing, the dog jumped up and down consecutively while barking much too excited for her own good. Her barks causing other dogs to bark, and Vivienne had to take her for a walk to try and help Vontell halt the commotion.
Once walking it was easy sails, turns out she just really had to use the bathroom. She didn’t tug too hard nor overwhelm Vivienne in the slightest. As they went to cross the street the sweet girl pushed Vivi back to the sidewalk as a car zipped by. Amazed with her instincts and grateful for saving them, Vivi had to look up her ID number.

Has been brought back to the shelter now three times. People impulsively adopt this beautiful girl for her looks but don’t realize she demands a lot of exercise and attention, otherwise destructive. When given the right environment and stimulation she’s truly calm and at peace and an excellent loyal ally.

PROS Sharp instincts and natural guard dog tendencies. Brave and committed to serving you.
CONS A lot of work, and when not given the proper stimulation can be destructive.

First we vote on which pet, then we will together decide a name.
This animal will be a featured alongside either Vanora, Vivienne or as a standalone NPC.
Copies of this companion in a variety of colors will in the next
few weeks be available for 'adoption' in the shops.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:23:21 )
I think, I got it XD

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:26:53 )

Our next task!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:30:00 )
Is this correct? XD

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:31:25 )

@Fielkun: Yes, excellent work! Hopefully someone else can help as well.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:46:11 )

This was hell lol

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:49:38 )

This one is a trouble maker! Let's see if we
can successfully distract him..
(Screenshot "Success!")

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:54:14 )

Success owo

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:54:23 )
That was quite challenging XD

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 00:59:18 )

Whew, this boy has a lot of energy!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:03:43 )

Almost gave up on this, lol

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:06:42 )

Excellent work Apollo! Now we need just one more.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:13:06 )
*phew*
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:16:04 )

Someone help make sense of this list for me?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:19:51 )

I think I got Himalayan and Munchkin?
Unfortunately I have to go now.
Best of luck to everyone else!

pls don't

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:23:04 )

Those look correct to me! (12 13)
@Apollo im burning: No problem, best of luck to you. Stay warm!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:24:36 )
So far I have

11. Egyptian mau
12. Himalayan
13. Munchkin
15. Savannah
16. Scottish Fold
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/29 01:24:56 )
Oh~ 16 is Scottish Fold!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.