Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Overcoming Adversity

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 06:14:06 )

Emelie just smiled lightly.

"I'll be around to help if you need me." She told him honestly.

"You've but to say my name, and I'll be here." She added before pausing a moment.

"Also... you would do well to not mention Madison to Kalin. There's... some iffy blood between her and her sister." She added

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 06:30:08 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene raised an eyebrow when she said that.

"...all right, fair enough..." he said.

"No mentioning her to Kalin." he parroted.

"And just say your name, eh? All right then, Emelie." he commented further with a smirk.

"You came at JUST the right time." he told her.

"But... as you have just all but straight out told me... that is not a coincidence at all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 06:32:32 )

'Coincidences.... well, everyone has a different believe regarding those." She commented.

"Anyhow, I will let you do what you need to." Was the last thing she said, before heading to the door and vanishing through it.

She didn't open the door.

She walked through it, which was odd. But she did say she was Madison's boss, so there had to be something more to her than just psychic. The question though, was what.

Not that he really had the time to dwell on it for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 07:00:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......this world continues to amaze me." Rene muttered.

He then sighed, and left his office, making his way to the room Kalin was in.

He knocked on the door and poked his head in.

"Kalin?" he asked.

"We need to discuss something." he said.

"Something serious, I'm afraid."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 07:02:11 )

Kalin just sighed as Rene entered and said what he did.

"That... doesn't surprise me." She commented after a moment.

"Come in, let's chat." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 07:33:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene shut the door behind him, and made his way over towards her.

"It's about your schooling." he said.

"More specifically, your presence there." he told her.

"It seems that you'll be a magnet for trouble if you go back... possibly to the point where... you won't be as lucky as when you knocked on my door." he commented.

"That being said, I realize giving up is NOT an option." he said further.

"Do you have anywhere else to stay?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 07:38:08 )

Kalin sighed, but didn't say anything for a few seconds after Rene said his piece.

"I..." She shook her head.

"Dorms and nothing else." She then said honestly.

"So... I'm not sure what I can do regarding that, precisely. Not fun."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 08:00:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, your statement about dorms and nothing else is... well... it's not technically true." Rene responded.

"See... well... I live in a townhouse." he told her. "I used to live in a suite apartment, but when the building was involved in a major legal fiasco, I decided it would be bad for my image as a doctor to remain there." he went on.

"But there were no other suites available in the city, and it wouldn't look good for me to be in a smaller apartment either. So I got a townhouse." he explained.

"And there's a LOT of unused space, there." he said further.

"Space that... well... I'd consider renting out." he told her.

"And I can be very flexible on a payment plan, even agreeing to waive rent for however long you're in school." he added, coughing into his hand.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 08:55:23 )

Kalin was silent, not entirely sure what it was that she could say to that. She hadn't expected it, and certainly didn't know if she could exactly process it adequately too quickly.

'Uhhh..." She started before shaking her head lightly.

"All right.... how long am I to be here?" She asked.

"As in, how long do I have to come up with an answer to that? Because... that's pretty sudden."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 21:10:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, a while still." Rene responded.

"Odds are at least another couple of weeks before they'll consider you in good enough shape to release." he said.

"Of course, it might be a little longer or shorter, depending on your recovery, but 2 weeks is a safe estimate." he went on.

"And I know it's sudden and a heavy thing to just hear." he then said further.

"Truth be told, I'm surprised I'm offering, as I normally don't get THIS involved in my patient's lives." he admitted.

"But... what can I say? Life's trying to beat you down, you're trying your hardest to succeed and rise above it, and I want to make sure you do that, no matter what."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/11 21:31:21 )

Kalin nodded as Rene said all he did.

"All right." She commented.

"Good to know." She then said before pausing for a moment.

"I hadn't expected an invite like that from you either, so... I dunno. It's something I need to think about and consider both the pros and cons for it." She told him. "And consider them thoroughly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:03:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Rene responded.

"But I'm just saying that the option is on the table for you." he told her.

"I want you to know that you DO have some choices in this manner." he went on.

"However desirable they may or may not be is entirely up to you." he continued.

"At any rate, now that that is out of the way, I will take my leave." he told her.

"Let you work, and ponder the offer I've given."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:06:48 )

"Thank you." Kalin said with a soft smile.

"I do appreciate it, regadless of what I say in the end." She added. She did honestly appreciate the offer, even if she wasn't sure if she'd accept.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:19:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene nodded in response, and left the room to let her think. As he walked down the hallway, he thought further to himself, mostly thinking about the future.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Might need to try and think of other options for her." he told himself.

"It'd be good for her to have more options." he reasoned... even though his mind was a blank.

Kalin needed a safe and secure place for her studies... and he couldn't think of many places that she could do that, not with the dorm being the exact opposite of that for her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:23:16 )

His work kept him quite busy, meaning that REne wasn't able to stop by and chat with Kalin for close to a week.

It was the middl eof the day, on a rare day off even, and he was making his way through the hospital. On the way he stopped by the nurses station to hit on the woman that was there, something he did regularly, but it was largely in jest due to how they were decent friends.

Meanwhile, Kalin had her own issue to deal with.

Someone from her school wasn't happy with what had happened due to her 'inability to take a hint', and had come to finish what they had started.

"Oh fuck off." Kalin snapped. "You know just as well as I do that they deserve the punishment that they get." She stated.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:44:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one she was talking to just smirked.

"Oh, I'm not saying they don't." they replied.

"They weren't able to finish the job, so they deserve what's coming to them." they told her.

"However, it seems that YOU cannot take a hint." they went on.

"That's why I'M here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 01:51:00 )

"A hint." Kalin said before pausing.

"Ah yes, how you want to be arrested as well. Of course. Taht can be handled, just give me a moment." She said before reaching for the call button. She actually expected him to interrupt that, but there was no way for her to know for certain.

There was another button she could go for at least, or failing that, she could throw something at the button.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 02:13:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, as soon as she reached for the button, she felt his hand on her wrist, his grip so tight, it was painful.

"See, that's where things will be different." he told her.

"I know how to get rid of you, and make it seem like I was never involved." he said further.

He then dug into his pocket, and produced a small glass container, with a greyish liquid in it.

"It'll be just like you had a mysterious heart attack."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 02:26:06 )

"Uh huh." Kalin said, not fully interested. She knew he wouldn't get away with this, if for no reason other than when she powered the laptop down, she'd left a note that he'd come to visit her, and that she was worried about what would happen. Plus she knew that she was in one of the few rooms that had a camera within, stirctly because there was the belief that she may be in danger from others.

Which apparently turned out to be true.

"Sure thing." She said before pausing a moment.

"That is of course assuming that no one checks the cameras that watch the hall, right?" She asked.

"Assuming no security guard happens to check and see the footage of you being in here at my exact time of death. Yep. Not possible at all." She then said before tearing her IV out.

"Then again, here. This should make you pretty happy." Kalin stated as the casted arm had the IV. She stabbed him in the wrist, the one tha twas attached to the hand holding her wrist.

"Here, have some hydromorphone. Full blast." She said before carefully undoing the clasp on the line that was restricting the drip
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/12 02:47:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"GAH!" the man yelled, as the needle was jammed into his wrist. He then grabbed the tube and ripped it out, but seeing as Kalin had undone the clasp, it was a bit late.

As the medication leaked onto the floor, he growled at her, before getting in close.

"Why you..." he growled, as he tried to force the liquid close to her mouth.

"Just disappear already!" he exclaimed.

"Just... just... why won't..." he then mumbled, his speech starting to be noticeably slurred now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.