Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Overcoming Adversity

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 20:45:41 )

She was silent as she made her way down the street. She didn't know how far she could go, how far she could manage to travel before her body gave out. She knew that there was good chance that she couldn't get too far, but she hoped she could at least get far enough. She had to get away from those that had caused the damage to her, and she knew that there was quite a high amoun tof damage, and it was kinda amazing that she was still able to walk off. Or limp/hobble that is.

As she felt like she was about to collapse, she noticed that she was on a street with a line of townhouses down it. She hoped someone was home as she made her way up to the door of one. She paused before knocking on the door. It was a weak sound, but it was at least a sound. The question of it was an empty house or not. For all she knew, no one was home. It was the middle of the week, and around dinner time. For all she knew it was a case of there being people living there and having gone out for dinner. She was seriously hoping that wasn't the case though, admittedly.

She knew she needed help, and she needed it ten minutes ago. If not longer than that. This was quite a horrid situation and she was fully aware of that. All she could do now was try and fix it.

Ideally, she would have been able to just make a phone call to get some help, but of course, those that had caused this had destroyed her phone, and her glasses too.

She knocked on the door, and waited, hoping someone was home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 23:12:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He sighed as he sat in his chair, looking at the papers in his hand.

"....ugh." he muttered, as he ran a hand through his short green hair.

"Yet another of these crackpots trying to have an easy cash-in." he growled, as he threw the papers back down on the table that was beside him.

"Guess all there is to do is have Seth look at it and make the person drop it." he mumbled further, before hearing a knock on his door.

"Oh, that must be the food." he said to himself, grabbing a pair of glasses and placing them over his eyes. He then stood up and made his way to the door, opening it... to not what he was expecting.

"Good heavens." he said, upon seeing who was there.

"Are you all right?" he asked, his tall thin form seeming to tower over the girl standing there... but that might also have been because she was hunched over, as well.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 00:03:15 )

She was silent as she looked to him, and he could see how relieved that she had picked somewhere that had someone home.

"I.." She started, finding herself having quite a bit of difficulty even with something as simple as talking for the moment.

She had a hand on the doorframe, barely seeming to hodl herself as it was.

"My phone is dead.... can I use yours?" She asked, barely abl eto get it out.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 00:23:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....phone?" the man asked.

"Yeah... yeah, I suppose so..." he admitted.

"But you look like you are in serious need of medical attention." he commented as he stepped out of the way so she could enter the townhouse.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked her.

"I AM a doctor, after all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 00:25:36 )

She was silent for a moment before sighing. That breath sounded painful though, not that it was too surprising with how bruised and battered she looked.

"That... that's why I need a phone." She answered.

"To get the help I know I need." It wasn't easy for her to get the words out, but it spoke quite a bit about her. She seemed to be in exterme pain (as anyone would be with how she was looking), yet was still able to focus enough to get her words out clearly and concisely.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 03:06:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." the man was silent, and sighed again.

"I can help you." he told her.

"Which is to say, I can do some emergency work here, make sure you're not in critical condition, and then we can get you to a hospital." he said.

"Let me help you inside." he offered.

"You need to be tended to. Some of your injuries look pretty grievous." he commented further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 03:25:07 )

She didn't say anything before nodding. She couldn't really for the moment.

After he'd helped her inside and to his couch, she paused and chuckled lightly.

"Even if you were gonna kill me... I'd probably die without help anywho."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 04:00:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent, but smirked.

"That bad, eh?" he asked.

"Well, we'll see what we can't do." he told her.

He then grabbed a medical bag, and started to sift through it.

"Why not tell me what happened?" he asked.

"How did this happen?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 04:17:34 )

"Some asses in my class decided they don't like that I'm an orphan, and believe that I shouldn't be in school." She answered.

"And as a result, they decided to remove me. Or at least try." She added. It took a bit for her to say, if only just because of the fact that she wasn't feeling good at all.

And that was an understatement.

She then continued and outlined some of what was doing to her, admitting she wasn't entirely sure as to all the details.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 04:49:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As the man listened, he grew angrier and angrier... though he didn't show it too much.

"I see." he replied.

"We'll have to get THAT tended to." he mumbled, as he started to work on her.

"Wow, they really did a number on you." he commented.

"And... you're an orphan?" he asked.

"What happened to your parents?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 04:56:48 )

"Mom died after birth." She answered after a few.

"Dunno about 'dad'." She added b efore pausing a moment.

"never knew him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 05:11:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...........I see." the man mumbled.

"Just... I see." he muttered.

He continued to work on her, making small conversation as he did so, before stopping and sighing.

"Well, I've done all I can do here." he commented.

"You'll need to get to a hospital for further treatment." he told her further.

"I can drive you there if you like, or I can call an ambulance." he offered to her.

"Whichever you feel safer with."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 05:17:52 )

She just sighed before pausing a moment.

"I... I won't be able to afford an ambulance bill." She told him. She sounded pained, but overall, she was sounding a bit better than when she had originally sat down.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 05:24:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, you wouldn't need t-" the man started to respond, before there was a knock on the door once again.

"....fine time." he mumbled.

"One second." he said, before making his way there and answering.

When he did, she heard the one on the other side speak, and mention a name she knew she'd heard before.

"Got pizza here for a Rene Calder." they said.

"Right, here." the man replied.

"Keep the change." he said further, closing the door, taking the food elsewhere, and then returning to her.

"Sorry about that." he apologized.

"But I'll foot the bill for the ambulance." he assured her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 05:35:10 )

She was completely silent for a moment before pausing.

". . . I know your name... but..." She paused. "I couldn't tell you where I know it from." She then said before shaking her head lightly, barely.

"Probably due to the trauma." She paused before sighing lightly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 05:54:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm." Rene muttered.

"Well, maybe it'll come to you." he said.

"Regardless, I'll pay for the ambulance." he told her.

"You NEED to get to the hospital." he reasoned.

"I did what I could, so you're no longer in IMMEDIATE danger, but it would still be prudent to get you to the hospital ASAP." he reasoned further.

"And you know you do." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 06:05:25 )

She just sighed before nodding.

". . . I know." She then commented, knowing that he was right, and sadly not knowing anything else to say. She couldn't get out of this, and she just hoped that maybe, perhaps, hopefully, her scholarship covered some of the charges for that, because this was completely out of her control and there was no way that she could hope to pay for it otherwise.

At the moment, all she could do was hope.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 06:20:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene nodded in response, and grabbed his cell phone, dialling the emergency number and giving the necessary information, It only took about a minute, before he was done.

"Right, they're on their way." he told her.

"How fortunate for you to knock on the door of a doctor." he commented.

"Regardless, just try and relax." he went on. "You'll be at the hospital in no time." he assured her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 06:24:30 )

"Thank you." She said after a moment before pausing.

"Just... thank you... it was a stroke of luck I knocked on the door of someone who actually would help." She then added after a couple seconds.

"Also... my name is Kalin." She added, figuring that it might be a good idea to give him that.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/8 06:51:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Sad, but true." Rene admitted.

"And you already heard my name, but I may as well officially say it." he reasoned.

"Dr. Rene Calder at your service." he told her.

"That being said, you'll be taken to the hospital, but I'll see you when I get there." he went on.

"I DO work there, after all." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.