Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Overcoming Adversity

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 19:50:58 )

"Yeah, I will." Charlene assured him.

"I'll check on that after I finish this phone call, or at least start it." She added after a moment before sighing.

"I do expect that there will be issues with it, but I am hoping that there will be something or other that is savalageabl."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 21:11:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I hope so, too." Rene responded.

"I'll let you get that done." he then said. With that, they ended the call, and he hung up, leaning forward a little, his arms on his desk.

'...why...?' he thought.

'Why do I want to help her so much?' he asked himself internally, before suddenly looking around.

"............." he was silent, and then sighed once more.

"Could have sworn I wasn't alone in here." he mumbled, shaking his head. "Guess I'm overworked."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 21:34:38 )

Rene was left in silence as he was musing whether or not he was alone, and beyond that, he was waiting on the return call, but he did manage to do some work while waiting.

After he'd returned to his office later following a round of checking on a variety of the patients he was in charge of in the hospital, he saw that he had a voicemail. He was on his way to the desk to check the voicemail before pausing. When he turned to look behind him, he saw a redheaded woman sitting in the chair there.

She hadn't been there mere seconds before...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 21:47:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When Rene beheld the redheaded woman, he nearly fell over backwards due to recoiling from shock.

"Woah!" he exclaimed.

"Oh! Oh, do excuse me." he said.

"I... I hadn't noticed you there earlier." he commented, wondering HOW he could have missed her.

"I... guess my head's all over the place today." he chuckled nervously.

"Can I help you?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 21:53:17 )

She didn't say anything, just levelled her almost ethereal green eyes on his sea blue ones.

"Go about your business." Was all she said.

"I'm just making sure you don't fuck up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 22:29:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene was silent as the woman said what she did, as bluntly as she did... yet it was annoyingly nonspecific.

".......uh..." he stammered.

"Rrrrrright." he said, drawing out the word.

"......" he then found himself unable to say anything more, so he made his way to the desk.

'Guess I should check the voicemail...' he thought.

'Hopefully it's good news from Charlene...' he finished, bringing the receiver to his ear and pressing the button to hear what the message was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 02:34:29 )

She stayed where she was, not saying anything, but also not taking her eyes off of his form.

"All, I got some information for you, REne." Cahrlene's voice echoed through the receiver as he listened to the recording.

"Kalin's professors are good for sending her the assignments and such online. As for any tests, if any occur, someone will come to her to make sure there's no cheating, if it comes up." She paused for a moment before he heard her sigh.

"But.... her dorm has been completely trashed. Everything in there is destroyed or missing."

"Meaning, she has literally nothing at the moment. I'm not sure what we can do about that, but I have the authorities already working on this. As soon as I checked the room I knew this was more serious than just her. Don't be surprised if someone comes to talk to you about this, either.

"Anyway, sorry I don't have all good news, but at least there's something. If you need to get ahodl of me, sadly I'll be unavailable for the night due to some previous engagements with my hubby. I'll talk to you tomorrow, REne."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 02:52:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene sighed, as he started to write some things down on a pad of paper in front of him.

"Mmhmm, mmhmm." he mumbled, as he wrote. When the message was done, he hung up and continued to write on the pad in front of him.

Once he finished, he stared forward for a moment, and then looked at the clock on the wall, off to his side.

"...if I take my break NOW..." he mumbled, nodding to himself.

"Yeah, that works." he said, getting up from his chair.

"Also need to stop by Yvonne's." he then said, before looking at the redhead that was still there.

"...who ARE you?" he asked, as he took off his lab coat and put on his jacket.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 02:59:10 )

"I'm either the best thing you could hope for, or your worst nightmare." The young woman stated as an answer.

"Which I am depends on how you act, what you do." She paused a moment.

"Because I know who you are, Rene. Even if you don't know me." She got to her feet here and straightened out the sweater shje was wearing.

"Just remember, I'll be watching to make sure." With that threat hanging in the air, she flickered out of sight of him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 03:06:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...................." Rene was silent as the woman said what she did, and then seemed to vanish before his eyes.

"Ok, maybe I'm being haunted." he muttered.

He then shook his head, as he had more immediate concerns to deal with.

With that, he left the hospital, and did some running around the city, to various places. When he returned, he had a blonde woman with him, and they made their way to Kalin's room.

"Kalin?" Rene asked when they stepped inside.

"This is Yvonne. She's a friend of mine and a miracle worker of an optometrist." he told the girl. "We need to get you a replacement pair of glasses, and she's just the woman to do so." he added, as Yvonne stepped closer.

"Hello, Kalin." she greeted her with a small smile.

"Mind if I take a look at your eyes?" she asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 03:13:00 )

Kalin was silent before shrugging.

"Be better to have glasses than to not." She then stated after a moment.

"Have at me. Just tell me what to do." She added after a moment. After all was said and done, Yvonne just paused a moment, seeming to be thinking about something.

"What kind of frames do you tend to like?" She asked. Kalin shrugged.

"Whatever looks good on my face?" was the answer.

"Generally more rounded rectangle, if that makes sense?" Kalin then answered.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 03:47:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Yvonne nodded in response.

"Very well." she replied.

"I can do that easily." he told her with a small thumbs-up.

With that, she said her good-byes to Kalin and Rene, before leaving. When she did, Rene turned towards Kalin.

"Well... there's good news, bad news, and more good news." he told her.

"The good news is that the University is allowing you to continue your work here, as well as tests and such." he said. "The bad news is that your dorm was found completely ransacked. Nothing left or salvageable." he informed her further.

"But the good news after that, is that it won't be a detriment to continuing your studies here." he then added, before handing her a large plastic bag, with a box in it.

And when Kalin would check, she would find a top-of-the-line laptop, far better than the one she had had previously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 03:55:23 )

Kalin was silent as she accepted the bag. When she looked and saw the laptop she was silent, not even knowing what the hell TO say here.

"What do I ow you for this?" She managed to say after a few seconds. It really didn't take long, either.

"Because I will repay you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:02:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene just crossed his arms over his chest.

"Owe?" he asked.

"If you're speaking monetarily, we'll talk about it later." he told her.

"If you want something more immediate, then succeed." he then said. "Succeed in your studies, and prove to others that they can't keep you down." he said further.

"Seriously. Show them that you can do it, and WILL do it, DESPITE what they do to stop you." he went on.

"And I don't care if I sound like a cheesy motivational speaker, it's how I feel."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:04:47 )

Kalin was silent as Rene said all he did before nodding.

'Duly noted." She stated.

"Anyhow, since I'm very likely to need to download things for my work, is there a password on the network here?" She asked as she started to unbox the laptop.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:15:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes." Rene replied.

He then grabbed his clipboard, wrote something down on it, tore the sheet off, and handed it to her.

"That's the network for staff." he told her. "As well as the password." he went on.

"The connection and speed are a lot better than the general wifi." he said further.

"Seeing as you'll be doing actual schoolwork on the network, it shouldn't be an issue." he went on, before smirking.

"Just shush about it though." he added with a small chuckle.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:17:08 )

"Ahh, all right. Thank you." Kalin said as she accepted the paper.

"Admittedly, will be a bit of a task with my dominant hand in a cast, but I'll likely be able to work around it with little difficulty." She said with a light chuckle.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:31:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"There's only so much I can do for that, sadly." Rene sighed.

"However, you should have glasses again, soon." he then assured her.

"Yvonne will stop by when she's completed them." he told her.

"Anyway, you need me to do anything while I'm here?" he asked.

"Run a cord to a plug or anything else?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:33:15 )

Kalin paused a moment.

"That would be a big help, actually." She commented after a few seconds before digging the cord out of the box and plugging one end into the laptop.

"Since tech doesn't usually have a good charge upon first opening it." She added.

"so it'd be lovely if you could plug it in for me, yeah."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 05:42:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene nodded, and ran the cord to the outlet, plugging it in.

"There you go." he told her.

"That should be it." he said.

"There's some other little tech stuff in there for you to help make things easier." he continued.

"But anyway, I must be off, need to get back to work." he added with a small sigh.

"Good luck in your schoolwork."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.