Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Adventures in Eberron! A D&D Roleplay. [IC/Rolling] (Title pending. Setting up.)

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/3 01:10:13 )

"I just arrived in the city today so I am unfamiliar with what to expect around here when it comes to the night life. Thanks for informing me on it. I believe I will be staying at the same place as Rosemary. If they would have me." Astrinos hands the satchel and it's contents to the guard. "We found this on the dead man but the warforged seemed mighty interested in it. Oh and, my name is Astrinos Valinthael. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 05:56:35 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Sgt. Dolom finishes up taking notes with a few grunts of affirmation as he marks down your names and accompanying info.
"Thank you for the cooperation, you've been a big help. Especially considering you took down the attacker. If you ever have need of assistance from the City Watch, ask for me at the Sword Point district down in Middle Central."

Astrinos and Rosemary are dismissed by Dolom, and are free to continue on their way to Sannid's, or wherever they like. The night is still somewhat young, but the rain still pours.

((You both level up. Check the OOC thread for a special instruction about level ups.))

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 18:45:27 )

[ "Well I guess we can finally get ourselves some dinner. And a stiff drink." Rosemary normally disapproved of heavy drinking, finding it distasteful. After the events of the evening however, she was ready to tie one on rather thickly. ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 20:56:20 )

With that Astrinos remembered he was hungry and hadn't eaten yet. The adrenaline of the fight and his curiosity had made him forget. "Yes, lets get back to grabbing something to eat, I'm starved! Maybe a good meal and good night's rest will put all this strange business behind us." He was calm and composed, as a soldier he had been in a fair share of scraps and seen death. He did not enjoy it but considered it just another necessity of life.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 22:58:42 )
You gotta @Mention me.

With that deadly diversion taken care of, the pair resume their urgent mission to have a fine meal at Sannid's restaurant in the Platinum Heights neighborhood.
Just a hop and skip through the streets of the financial block and they make it there without any further incident.

The host greets them at the door politely, though he does look them up and down a little strangely.
"Would the sir and madam like a bottle of wine with their meal? We offer many fine wines, and even, erm...more modest varieties."

The meal itself costs five gold pieces, and a bottle of 'modest wine' would run five piece more.

((Subtract 5gp or 10gp, depending on your choice. That's total price, not each.))
- - -
After leaving Sannid's fully satisfied, another cloaked figure meets you at the entrance, but without hostility.
He flashes a signet ring bearing the crest of House Cannith before leaning in and speaking quickly.
"If you would know the truth of Bonal Geldem's murder, go to The Broken Anvil tavern at dawn."
And with that, before you are able to question him, the man hurries off, disappearing into the night.
- - -
Rosemary and Astrinos end the night within the Phiarlan Enclave.
At first saying they did not run an inn service, but Astrinos produced a signed letter from the Karnath division of Phiarlan. It noted he was affiliated through his wife in Karnath.

The two have a long rest and meet together the next morning to investigate The Broken Anvil tavern that the hooded man told them of.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/4 23:12:07 )

[ Not a morning person in the slightest, Rosemary attempted to force further sleep. But the need to find out what all the drama was about, she got up to dress quickly. Hoping her new companion also wanted some answers. She wasn't keen on going out alone. ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/5 11:32:40 )

Astrinos awoke early as was his custom. Before dressing, he took his greatsword from the foot of his bed where it lay, and went through the forms and motions taught to him during his youth, swinging the heavy sword in slow and exact arcs. While his skill was not as great as in his younger days, he knew the path back to it would be tedious but possible. He had a goal now, his mind fixed on it as his body tired. Panting, he closed his eyes and whispered in Elven "We will be together again."

After taking a short rest he got dressed and left his room. Then he grabbed some breakfast and met up with Rosemary. Astrinos agreed to accompany her to the place the hooded figure mentioned and hoped the weather today would be better than the day before, for her sake.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 00:17:52 )
You gotta @Mention me.

It's at this point that the two realize, the hooded man never told them where The Broken Anvil tavern was located.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 19:46:48 )

[ Stopping in her tracks, Rosemary tilted her head in confusion. "Do you have any idea where we're going?" feeling pretty confident that she'd never heard of the tavern before. If all else fails, they could always ask for directions. ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 20:52:26 )

Astrinos laughed. "I was following you! I thought you knew! Well, even if you don't, the problem is easily fixed. We can ask around. If it is a public tavern we'll run into someone who knows where it is eventually, and if its not, we can always go back and ask our new friend in the crown's guard." He pulled a stranger aside, giving his most genial smile "Hello friend! I am not from around here, would you happen to know where the Broken Anvil is? We are meeting a friend you see and we just need directions, thats all."

Rallaa rolled a D20 1 times for; and 7. Totalling: 7
For a grand total of 7!
Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 20:57:59 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Astrinos stops a stranger in the street, a gnomish man in close fitting clothing of greens and reds, and medium length brown hair.
A bag slung over his shoulder is overflowing with scrolls of paper and different styles of pen and quills, with an embroidered patch featuring a cockatrice.

He seems taken aback by your sudden greeting. He turns his head to check behind himself at first, but turns back and gives you a look as if to say 'you mean me?'

"Oh! Good morning! I'm afraid I don't know about any place called Broken Anvil. I don't get outside of Middle Central much, except to see family in Upper Menthis....The name sounds like a tavern you might find in Dura though. I'd recommend asking in the tavern district of Middle Dura. I hope that helps."

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/8 15:34:02 )

Astrinos bows gratefully "Thank you, kind sir! We shall head there then." He walks a few paces away and then whispers to Rosemary, "Sooo, any idea which street leads to Middle Dura?"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/8 16:02:26 )

[ "Maybe? I'll be honest, I tend to stick closer to where the good money is." Rosemary replied shrugging. It took a great deal of self control to prevent herself from stealing from the man who'd just helped them. Would've been too risky with Astrinos right there anyway, she thought to herself. Beginning to head towards the paths she thought would get them to their destination, Rosemary daydreamed of all the pockets she could pick after meeting this mysterious person. ]

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/8 23:22:04 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Rosemary does know where to find the tavern district of Middle Dura.
Middle Dura isn't the wealthiest ward of Sharn, but it's one of the better areas to practice her trade.
The fatter purses of the upper wards are much more likely to have guards practically attached at the hip, and the people of the lowest wards barely have a couple coins to rub together.
So the middle wards are often just right for snatching a decent amount every now and then.

With Rosemary taking lead they make it to Hareth's Folly, the tavern district, and ask around for 'The Broken Anvil'
Most they ask don't seem to know. They get some different answers that seem to conflict and most don't sound very sure.
Human: "Sounds like a shop in a dwarven neighborhood."
Dwarf: "Hmm, could be at Clifftop?"
Half-orc: "Have you tried checking in Tavick's?"
Angry, Drunken Dwarf: "Piss off!"

The drunkard dwarf staggers off after his rude outburst towards their questions, but a scruffy looking halfling swoops in to greet them.
"Hey there! Don't mind ol' Gulnar there, he's always got a sour attitude."
The halfling flashes a smile with several gaps as he looks you up and down.
"Couldn't help but overhear you're looking for the Broken Anvil. That's down in Callestan. The areas been a madhouse these days, so you should be careful."
He gives some simple directions on how to find the place once you get to Callestan.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/10 18:52:38 )

[ Scowling, Rosemary decided that if she ever sees that dwarf again that she was going to pick his pocket's clean. Itching she fought back the urge to do it right then and there. "Hope whatever this is, it's worth getting yelled at for." She said aloud. ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 02:36:38 )

Thanking the kind halfling, Astrinos began strolling along once more with Rosemary. Chuckling to himself about the rudeness of dwarves. "They are probably so cranky because they never see the sky and live in the dirt half their lives. They are basically human shaped mole rats. Don't let them upset you, friend. They are quite literally beneath us." He said comfortingly.

Always ping me please.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 06:20:53 )
You gotta @Mention me.

The friendly, gap-toothed halfling told you a few things about Callestan and the Broken Anvil.
A long time ago, when Sharn was first built and it was only a pittance of what it would later become, it was known as 'The Golden Anvil' but after hundreds of years passed and hundreds of levels were added to the initial towers of Sharn, it's become a ghost of it's former self.
Locals eventually started to call it The Broken Anvil that it's known by now.

The inn is run by Eranna d'Ghallanda. She is kind, honest, and much beloved in the district.

The district is divided into two 'territories' of sorts.
Eastbridge and Westbridge.
So named because of the broken bridge that locals use as a landmark to denote the border.
It collapsed from an upper level and the debris was just left fallen in an open plaza area of the district.

Westbridge is as safe as anything gets in Callestan, due to the Boromar clan that protects their territory there, and a large population of halflings.
Eastbridge is 'anything goes' and has many different groups and races occupying it.

The Broken Anvil is in Westbridge, nestled in a corner of the Mason Tower. It was literally carved and built into the thick walls of the lower tower, making it a literal 'hole in the wall' establishment.

Heading downward from middle dura, finding their way into Callestan is not a problem and the halfling's directions were quite useful.
While they aren't unheard of in the upper levels, you notice that the lower levels of Sharn definitely seem to have more of the 'monstrous' races.
Kobolds, goblins, gnolls. Even some minotaurs, ogres, and medusas.

In the plaza of Callestan called 'the Bridge' you can see various groupings of people around.
A couple of goblins shooting dice by a stoop. One looks like he just lost a hefty bet.
A group of shifter children, they seem to be competing with each other to see who can roar the loudest.
You notice a minotaur in an alleyway with a broken horn and a spiked club in his hand. He's urinating against a wall, and snarls when he notices you looking his way.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 15:33:15 )

[ Rosemary tilts her head just a little to see if she could get a better look at the minotaur. A soft giggling coming out of her. "That's just scary," she jokes. Everything she sees kind of excites her. As they walked through Callestan, Rosemary decides to test her luck. Choosing to pick-pocket anyone who got close enough. ]

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 20:07:55 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Passing by different people as you walk, you see that most don't seem to have any sort of coin purse.
The ones that do, keep a good distance between themselves and others, and keep a hand over it protectively.
You get the impression that theft is extremely common here, and those that are easy marks wouldn't have anything worth stealing anyway.

Would you still like to try?

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/11 20:35:18 )

[ After watching the people closely, Rosemary sighs. It wouldn't be worth it. ]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.