Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Adventures in Eberron! A D&D Roleplay. [IC/Rolling] (Title pending. Setting up.)

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/12 20:24:04 )
Reserved

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 05:06:02 )
You gotta @Mention me.

The year is 1002 YK, eight years after the tragic event known as The Mourning.
It marked the end to the 100 year war that the five great nations had been locked in, though it's official end was in 996YK after the Treaty of Thronehold.
The five nations are still healing, and the scars of both The Last War and The Mourning still linger within the hearts of the people.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 21:11:48 )
You gotta @Mention me.

1002YK, Olarune 13th, Far
Just a week before the 8th anniversary of The Mourning.

The sun had just recently set upon the Tower City of Sharn, and a storm rolled in along with the night air. Our duo head towards a well known fine dining experience of the city.

Cutting through Skysedge Park on their way to Sannid's in the Platinum Heights, Rosemary plans to treat Astrinos to a fine meal using the eight gold coins she'd stolen from him prior to their second meeting.

Curtains of water fall from the sky as you traverse the labyrinthine walkways of Sharn. The stone and wooden paths wind around and between the towers and spires high above the ground forming a complex latticework that can be very confusing on evenings such as this. The rain falls hard, running off higher walkways and balconies in drenching waves, making it difficult to see much more than few feet ahead of you. The distant glow of the Everbright Lanterns, barely visible in the soaking gloom, does little to light the paths on this cold, wet evening.

((Players: Roll me a perception check while you roleplay your walk through Skysedge Park in this downpour.))

Another Movie Addict rolled a D20 1 times for; and 13. Totalling: 13
For a grand total of 13!
Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 21:16:43 )

[ "Well this was absolutely the worst idea I have ever uttered!" Rosemary whined to her companion. Watching out for anyone who might walk into them, and walk away with the money she'd worked hard for. ]

Saeyra rolled a D20 1 times for; and 7. Totalling: 7
For a grand total of 7!
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 21:38:55 )

"Really? You don't say" muttered Astrinos. "Lets grab a bite to eat she says, it will be amazing she says...amazing!" His tone was friendly and he tried to hide his grin from his companion while trudging on. Sure, the weather was bad but it was just nature and you can't blame nature for the things it does, it is wild and pure.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:21:25 )
You gotta @Mention me.

As Rosemary scans the area ahead for would-be thieves that might take back her hard earned coin, she spots a figure in a dark cloak moving quietly through the rain on the skybridge ahead. It seems to be avoiding the dim pools of light cast by the Everbright Lanterns, preferring to stay in the shadows. A commons tactic that Rosemary knew all too well.

Lightning flashes and she sees a shape laying upon the stone floor of the bridge during the brief illumination. The figure quickens their pace, the opening in their cloak hood turning back to glance upon Rosemary and Astrinos before slipping over the barrier of the bridge, into the darkness and rain.

Trudging through nature's downpour onto Sharn, Astrinos can see and admire another aspect of nature around them in Skysedge park.
It was named exactly as it was, because it certainly was a park. Greenery and flowerbeds abounded in this area of the central district. One of the few places in Sharn to contain so much of nature itself.
Most of the city was grays, clay reds, and wood beam browns, but here was an abundance of natural color. It's just too bad he had to see it in a storm.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/27 22:54:55 )

[ Turning to her companion Rosemary alerts Astrinos to keep a hand on his purse, or anything he didn't want stolen. "There's a ne'er do well about". ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 10:18:21 )

Astrinos swiftly turns and puts his hand on his pouch. He could swear it was lighter than when he had arrived in the city. "You are right, this city seems to be full of them!" He said in a whisper. "Where do you see this ne'er do well?"

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 10:36:12 )

[ Pointing towards the skybridge Rosemary said "over that way". Concerned by the object on the ground Rosemary decided to go and check it out. ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 13:21:41 )

Astrinos kept one hand on his greatsword and another on his pouch. He was on high alert now, watching his companion's back as they headed to where Rosemary saw the figure.

(end of turn)

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 20:15:31 )
You gotta @Mention me.

The skybridge ahead spans the distance between platforms attached to the sides of two different towers- Dalannen Tower and the Kelsa Spire. A body lies on the floor of the bridge, and you can see a mixture of rain and blood pooling around it. A leather satchel still clutched tightly in the body's hand, lies in the expanding puddle of blood and gore.

((You both get a short action.))

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 20:52:28 )

[ Rosemary spotting the body, turns away to throw up her lunch. No longer interested in going out to eat. She really wasn't used to seeing dead bodies, or gore. "Poor bastard." she whispers. Looking around frantically for the nearest city guard or someone who could help. Rosemary begins to scream as loud as she possibly could. ]

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/28 23:40:32 )

Astrinos calmly bends down to look at the body, examining it for signs of life. As a former soldier he was used to seeing blood and knew some basic ways to wrap wounds and stop the bleeding while waiting for a cleric. "Hey, can you hear me? Are you alright?" Upon determining there was nothing more he could do, he picked up the leather satchel to investigate its contents. Maybe it would have some clues as to why such a thing befell this person.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 00:07:14 )
You gotta @Mention me.

As Rosemary wretches and screams, Astrinos checks the body before them.

The body is that of an elderly human man, already deceased, but still warm. It is evident that he succumbed to mortal wounds dealt by a bladed weapon. The satchel is quite well made, and stylish.

Before help arrives, or the duo can examine the man or his belongings further, the cloaked figured from before makes their appearance once again, catching them both unawares.
The cloaked figure climbs back up from below the bridge, leaping over the railing at Astrinos, their shortsword drawn.

((The enemy succeeded in surprising you both with a 16 stealth check against your passive perceptions. You are surprised and cannot act on your first turn of combat. Roll initiative.))

Saeyra rolled a D20 1 times for; and 5. Totalling: 5
For a grand total of 5!
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 00:30:17 )

Startled, Astrinos spins around and lifts a hand to the greatsword on his back.

(added +1 for initiative to a total of 6)

Another Movie Addict rolled a D20 1 times for; and 2. Totalling: 2
For a grand total of 2!
Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 00:31:36 )

[ "I am so going to stab you in the duckies!!" Rosemary screams, completely taken by surprised.

initiative 5]

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 01:03:04 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Initiative order
Astrinos 6
Rosemary 5
Cloaked Figure 3
((You both act quicker in initiative, but due to the both of you being surprised, you cannot act for your first turn, so the cloaked figure gets first strike.))
- - -

After hopping back over the barrier, the figure makes a rush towards Astrinos, slashing wildly at him and connecting with some shallow cuts.
((23 to hit, Astrinos takes 4 damage))
Coming back around for their second flurry, they aim for Astrinos' hand, missing and only managing to pierce the satchel in his hand instead.
((5 to hit, crit miss.))

The figure throws their head back, yelling in frustration, revealing them to be a Warforged.
"Damned weak flesh!"

Saeyra rolled a D20 1 times for; and 1. Totalling: 1
For a grand total of 1!
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 09:55:29 )

Astrinos unsheathes his greatsword and attempts to slash at the warforged. "Now what did I ever do to you? I just arrived in this city this morning!"

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 11:01:52 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Releasing his grasp on the satchel that just saved his hand from receiving a sword strike, Astrinos allows it to unceremoniously tumble back to the cobbled stone of the bridgeway, making a wet clap against the stonework.

He focuses himself, and resolves to make a decisive strike.
But in the moment it takes to draw his greatsword and ready his attack, he had forgotten the satchel at his feet.
He steps into his swing to deliver a mighty blow- and stomps directly on the satchel, throwing off his balance and his swing along with it.
What would have been a true and powerful slash simply glances off the figure with a metallic thump, and a tear in their cloak.

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/29 21:34:38 )

(End of Turn)

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.