Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests • A Nalightful Quest •

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 10:07:42 )
@chai: -twirls- I am tv head :D
Though so are a lot of people. I feel too blended in with other tv heads :vanora_sweat:
I've been saving my volts pretty well. I'll spend a few k when I change avi's so I'll have good matching commons. But as long as I can keep one on for a while and not change it, I keep mah volts.

I'll make sure to let you know when it's done and available! I'll definitely be posting it on facebook and tagging a bunch of people. Like the ones who's cats are in it or those I know want one.

Yeah most of my followers/people I follow are friends. Anyone who follows me (that arn't spam or trash accounts) I try to follow them back, too. I'm trying to follow more artists I like for when I need inspiration. I'd like to work on my style some more. I've been out of practice for a while since a lot of my school work/commissions are graphic design related.

Smackjeeves haha. I keep laughing at the name. Such an odd name, I feel like I'm missing a joke. I'll find it interesting. Then it'll be my turn. I'll share it and be like LOOK! AND MY FRIEND MADE THIS. SO PRETTY ART. LOVE

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/12 11:13:49 )
I have simplified my, now, sexy tv-man.
I might have to draw/buy some art of him :3

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 06:08:06 )
I am curious to see what the next season will be like. I wonder if they will change the name of the show slightly or keep it the same.

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 06:29:58 )
@Nalight: Ahhh, sorry! I never got a ping for this. :c
But TV heads are the best!
Yeah, I should sell some of the crate items I have to get some volts, haha. I'm so bad at posting it's terrible. :c And I change my avi constantly 'cuz I never like how they look, haha.

Yeess!! I'm so excited for it. :vanora_heart:

Who are your favorite artists? And do you follow them on Insta already?
You should open up a rad shop here on Voltra! You probably wouldn't get as many graphic design commissions, but...it would be nice, i guess? :vanora_xd: Or you could do like a graphics shop maybe?

Yeah, it is a funny name, haha. The comics there are almost all yaoi or like sprite edits, though. I've found a couple I really like from there but usually it's just weird stuff haha.
MUTUAL FRIEND ART SHARING TIME!!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 09:54:22 )
@dragoness129: I have no idea xD
Have you seen the whole series?

@chai: That's okay, sometimes the pinging is a little off.
Selling some crates would be a good idea! I'd make sure to save some to sell in the future when they're worth a little more, though.

A lot of my friends are artists and I follow them. Some other ones are like kuvshinov, picolo, etc. Some that are already pretty popular on other media, too. My friend recently sent me several he follows for inspiration and I started following them as well.

I've been thinking about opening a shop. I don't mind that people wouldn't really want graphics. I like doing graphics and illustrations, both. I do a lot of illustrations for my freelance work, so having illustrations from here would actually be a nice break. Especially if I like the avi's -nods- I actually need to do one for a friend leaving Roliana.

Hahahaha guilty. Yaoi is why I know of some of the sites No shame :vanora_sun: :vanora_xd:

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 10:35:29 )
@Nalight: Oh, good point. I opened all mine already but I guess hanging onto the items inside is a good idea.

Ohh, if they're the same people I just looked up on dA, they're really good! Now I have to watch them, haha.
Nice! I'll have to see how many artists I like have instagrams and follow them, haha.

Yeah, do it! :D I'll come by and annoy buy art from you if you open one!
Why is your friend leaving Roliana?

LMAO nice. Have you ever read the 19 Days series by Old Xian? It's probably one of the only "yaoi" comics I keep up with. The art style is interesting and I like the characters a lot! They do another girl-love one that I adore, but the 19 Days is good as well!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 11:02:39 )
@chai: I like your use of the light hair and the dark skintone, it's real pretty!
Yeah, the items will probably be worth more later. And there will likely be plenty of people looking to buy when they're not available.

I saw you have a freebie art thread, why not have it as a shop? You'd get all the monies! Though I see you have the bribe option, too.

Annoy! Pssshhh you couldn't annoy me if you tried -insert is there wink-y smiley?!- Oh wait is that this
As you can see, my flirting game is real strong haha.

I think she is leaving because she just doesn't have the time anymore. It's not just Roli, I don't believe. I think it's mostly just avatar sites in general. Cause I havn't seen her around many other places, either. But we're friends on Facebook, too, so there's that!

I havn't read that, but I'll go look it up now lol.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 11:11:48 )
@chai: Ooohh that manga has popped up around the site I use, but I havn't started it yet!
It has been on my radar, though

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 11:43:06 )
@Nalight: Thanks! Light/dark contrasts are my favorites, ahaa!
I can already feel my voltra wallet expanding with the thought of that. :o That sounded....really gross now that i re-read it aloud

Yeah, I should have made an actual art shop, haha. But freebies are fun, too. I might make an actual one once I get more free time. I can barely keep up with the little headshots, haha.
Maybe a joint-art shop. :vanora_shock: Those are always fun!

Lol, your avatar's face does alllll the flirting for you. :vanora_sun:

Oh, that's too bad. :( It's always a shame when someone you have fun talking with leaves a site. But good you're able to keep in touch on Facebook!

IT'S SO GOOD. Their Story is good too! They both take so long to update though. :vanora_cry:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 13:00:45 )
@chai: LOL you accidental perv!
I don't really know what my faves are D:
I usually go for darker themed avi's. But then I'll make like the most feminine avi. Oh! I really like mixing the two, actually. It happens a lot. Like with those skull/flower things I done. It's dark, but pretty. I don't two typography posters (we only had to do one but I liked two). One was sweet and about bees, while the other one was dark and horror-esque. So maybe that's my favorite aesthetic.

Oooo a joint art shop could be cool! I've never really done it before and it'd probably be good practice. Though I'd probably just have like minimal slots because I don't like having a lot backed up.
Need a little time, too! I'd need to do up some decent examples. I could draw my tv-head as an example lol. You're stuff is so amazing, though, I'd be like... buy your stuff, not mine xD

My favorite tv face is the ^_^ one. But that doesn't go near as well with my mostly naked avatar body.

I found out it is actually in my "want to read" list. I moved it up so I can read it sooner! Saw it has a good amount of chapters, too. Need to start that when I have some more time to put into it.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/13 20:41:49 )
I've seen all of it through the end of season 6.
I did binge watch the season 6 in two days.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 03:14:20 )
@dragoness129:
Just making sure I wouldn't accidentally spoil something if I talked about it lol.
So what other shows/movies do you like to watch?

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 06:32:44 )

@nalight: 'Accidental perv' is what's gonna be on my tombstone, I think. :vanora_xd:
That's an A+ aesthetic. I can definitely get behind that one! Hopefully there will be tons of items you can use for that, here!
I saw the Bee typography one, not sure about the other. It was really nice, though! I liked it a lot. :D

If you wanted to do one, we could! :D I like them because then there's always someone else there to talk to if the thread is slow, haha. And it's fun coming up with themes!
NO, THEY'D BUY YOUR AWESOME ART. :vanora_angry:

Yeah, I think that face is the most fitting for the avatar you have right now, haha! But I agree, the ^-^ is best face!

Hopefully you enjoy it! There are times during it that have made me laugh pretty hard, haha.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 09:31:25 )
@chai:
Let's see... I both posters posted somewhere... here

YES I think I shall start drawing my TV man tonight, then! I'm still waiting to hear back about some freelance work so I waiting impatiently about that. Might as well draw cute avi art in the mean time!

I saw a few pages of preview the manga and I already snorted at it. Already looks real funny! Which is good cause some stories out there are so dark or sad. D:

UGGGHHHH my throat is feeling better from this cold but now my nose is more stopped up. -sneezes-
Though luckily it's just a pretty small cold. :vanora_sick:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 09:36:19 )
@chai:
Yooooo our shop name can be something about that Chailight Legendary Defender

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 09:56:13 )
@Nalight: Oh I did see them both! I like them a lot! :D

Yesss, draw the flirty TV man! What freelance stuff? :O

Yeah it has its....odd moments. :vanora_sweat: I'm not sure if I'd call it dark, but for the most part it's really funny!

Aw, being sick sucks. :C Hope it blows over soon! Feeling that way is the WORST.

BAHAHA, PLEASE, LET'S CALL IT THAT FOR SURE!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 03:20:08 )
@chai:
Thanks! I'm glad you like my arts <3 -hugs-

The freelance stuff is for the place I interned at. She doesn't really hire on many people, but will take on freelancers for projects. And I'm working on two. Haven't gotten an email this week, though. I emailed her again today, though.

Oh, I didn't mean that that manga was dark! But other ones can be pretty dark, so having another funny one will be a good contrast!

I started the sketch last night of my tv man :D Didn't get far cause I was working on something else lol.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 05:17:10 )
Nalight - Yeah, I try to avoid posting spoilers. ^_^
There are so many! I do love the super hero ones (have not seen all, but several), and anything Fantasy really.

Donator — bun Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 06:27:53 )
@Nalight: OH JEEZ, right. You mentioned that before, I'm dumb. :vanora_sweat:
Hopefully she responds to you, then!

OOOH my bad. What comics do you read that have the darker themes?

:D Hooray for TV Man. What else were you working on?

avi site survey

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 03:47:12 )
@dragoness129: I've seen a few of the superhero ones. They're on my list to watch sometime.
And fantasy is nice! Have you seen Merlin? That was pretty good and popular.

@chai:
You not dumb
Still no response. >_> But I think she was busy yesterday and at work. But other good news, a friend (we graduated together) who is currently in London for music needs some digital art work and thought of me! So I have a pretty big commission thing to work on.

Well Dark Heaven literally has dark in the name :vanora_xd: Killing Stalking has a lot of fans currently, and that's really dark an d intense. Not the for the light hearted, that's for sure.

Oh, I was just making a flyer. Going to put it at the post office and stuff for another outlet for people who might need art :D
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.