Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 09:37:47 )
I actually totally forgot it was Sept. 1st so I am a little late.

Anywhoo... I'm B0o. I go by B0o. Pleased to meet you. If we have met on any other avatar sites, feel free to hit me up. I like food, cats, art and reading.

I am going to explore the site. :vanora_heart:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 09:39:20 )
Hey, B0o (Boo?). Welcome to the site--first stop, go grab yourself some hair from Vivienne--she's nice, I promise! If you have any questions, be sure to let us know!

What sort of things do you like to read? Any recommendations off hand?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 09:59:15 )
@Slytherclaw: Memoirs of Geisha was amazing, one of my all time favorites

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:06:28 )
Welcome to Voltra!
I do think I have seen the name BOo around! ^_^

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:08:39 )
Oh, memoirs. Have you ever read Mineko Iwasaki's book? She was the source behind Memoirs' research, and actually ended up suing the author for abusing his research so much to lie about the profession, so she wrote her own story as an actual geisha about her life to dis-spell stuff like the geisha as prostitutes myth.

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:14:05 )
Welcome to Voltra!
Do you do art? Or do you just like getting/looking at it? Or both!? I know I'm both XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:14:06 )
@dragoness129: Or maybe tears_of_blood1234, Blood Stained H3art are two of the other names I've gone by.
@Slytherclaw: Nooo.... really? When the book first came out, (I worked in a book store at the time)I did some research and found that the author and the woman he was talking about were friends. But wow.... I am going to have to find this book you are speaking of.

I love books about different cultures. Although I was quite sadden to read this story because of all this young girl goes through.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:17:13 )
Yeah, I did a project when I was in school about the book and did a whole bunch of research for it, which is sort of how i stumbled upon it. It was really upsetting, because my English teacher was completely convinced that I was wrong, geisha were prostitutes, etc, and spent like five minutes bullying me until I stopped arguing about it. Not even arguments, just like 'okay, but they WERE prostitutes' over and over, bleh.

Yeah, she didn't want her name used, since her speaking out at all was pretty taboo, and he broke his word and did it anyway. She talks about it in the introduction to her own book. Or I think she does--it's admittedly been about a decade since I read it.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:33:49 )
@Slytherclaw: Wow... some people eh? I had an awful English teacher who argued with me about Anne Frank... it's like didn't you pay any attention in History class.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:35:32 )
BOo - No, those other two do not really sound familiar.
I am dragoness129 everywhere. ^_^

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:35:41 )
@SamSpyroxis: Both! I dabble in art here and there. I've recently started getting back into is again after not picking up a pencil in 15 years, soo I am a little rusty. :vanora_sweat:

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:38:03 )
@B0o: I know the feeling ;u; Granted mine was only for 2 years, but it felt like ages once I started drawing again...
What are your favorite materials to use? :o

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:40:58 )
@SamSpyroxis: I'm kinda of old school. I still use pencil crayons. I have also started to teach myself how to use programs such as gimp. Thank you, Youtube tutorials.

But I love charcoal! :vanora_heart:

Donator — they / he Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:47:35 )
@B0o: I personally still have a love for traditional mediums ;u; I'm actually about to start working with some colored pencils right now XD Have to say though, I've found a love for watercolors *w*
I remember the first time I used charcoal... I didn't like it because it got all over EVERYTHING... Now I don't mind it though, I find it fun XD

I still need to learn how to use gimp actually... I'm sure it's great for edits, but drawing not so much... I couldn't get things to look how I wanted ^^; YouTube is definitely a great help though :D
Always @ me
DATHIGTwitter

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 10:51:49 )
Welcome to Voltra! <3

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:00:02 )
@SamSpyroxis: Watercolors are fun. Have you seen the ziploc bags and markers and how they make a cheap alternative of watercolor paints?

@Anarchist Beauty: Thank you, I seem to recognize the name from other sites.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:03:53 )
Welcome to the site Boo :D

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:04:27 )
@Panda: Thank you! <3

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:45:22 )
@B0o: Welcome to Voltra! Trust me, I almost forgot too!!! lmao August just flew bye! :vanora_shock:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 11:48:13 )
@Fozzy: This whole year seems to have flown by. :vanora_shock:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.