Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/1 04:56:05 )

@Deaa: Idk...i haven't been on tumblr much lately. ^^;
    LOL sounds about right with the rest of humanity in reality too. xD

Have you thought about drawing again? xD
    omg ahhhh cringy old art. xD But wow, that was five years ago! I actually remember working on that for ya. I think it was around the time I started using photoshop and trying to get used to it.

@octology: aww thank you! ; 3; I will definitely have more time...after my finals next week.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/7 16:41:15 )
I would give anything for you to shine down on me

@valefor: it's okay now.. not really the same cause it's less activity now o:
yea, hermione is the only one with sense most of the time lol

every now and then, but most of what i want to do now is hand-lettering and small doodle-ish stuff
i really don't have the dedication and self-confidence to draw people and work at getting good
i'm too negative with myself rn o3o;;
you've come so far ; u; #proudmomfriend

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/14 19:50:30 )

@Deaa: Lol, i lost interest in tumblr because I'm losing interest in the fandoms/groups i'm in. xD That and all the artist i follow aren't as active like they are on twitter or instagram.
    She sounds like it. xD Always gotta have someone to knock some sense into the rest of the group lol.

Ooh hand-lettering is fun! I'm not very good at it, but it makes me feel accomplished when I tried with my bullet journal. xD
    Nah, it takes practice and i understand how you feel. I wanna say everybody starts out that way.
    *totally not trying to tear up* ; 3; It's hard to look at old art, but i gotta say i feel the same way seeing how much I've improved over the years!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 18:46:19 )

@valefor: ahhh yea, i also don't follow the same fandoms much anymore...
like so much so, that I don't even read fanfiction much anymore either
it's a little sad cause i'd love to read and write some fanfics, but I'm not as invested in anything with a big fandom anymore
Hermoine and Ron from Harry Potter are as close as I am to being invested in a fandom

oooh you have a bullet journal?! that's one of the reasons i wanna learn hand-lettering! lol do you have any pics of it or is it private?
yup ; u; i'm a little negative-nancy to myself, i gotta work on it, i know~
yeaaa i love pointing that out to my art friends when they think their stuff isn't good, i'm like, "BUT LOOK AT HOW FAR YOU'VE COMMMEEEE"
i'm aggressively supportive, to the point that sometimes i'm mean about it xD you should hear how i talk to my friends in person

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/16 21:41:17 )

@Deaa: Yea, that and some of the drama that comes with it. Idk if it's just me, but the kpop community can be so toxic (or maybe it's just the one group that I mainly followed). > n> Fandoms are great and fun. I got to meet and make a lot of friends but damn some people can be so toxic and dumb.
    LOLOL that comparison i almost choke on my tea. xD

I have one...and a half. xD I started and finished my first one about a year ago. It's fun, but I stopped last year because I couldn't keep up with spreads and making pretty and also focus on my classes. ^^; Buuuut i kind of missed it so i started another one, but I'm gonna keep it simple this time around lol. I recommend it if you like to decorate your own and be more crafty (and if you also have the time depending on how much work you want to put into it). I don't mind. c: Some of it is private, but I can show you some of my favorite spreads (the first five are old though).

I wish you luck to be more positive! o uo You can do it!
    Lol, but that's good! Having supportive friends are always the best though! ; 3; Honestly, same. I'm not...aggressive LOL, but I try my best to be more supportive when my friends are down or doing what i just did lmao.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 23:48:00 )

@valefor: OMG YES i had to get out of there, most of what i did was reblog pics on tumblr, but the stuff i did see in other fandoms was intense o3o; another thing i was uncomfortable with was how korea mocks blackness as a caricature, but they adopt so much of black culture (fashion, dance, slang, etc.) i just got out when i realized the things i liked about kpop was what others look down on black ppl for *shrugs*

LOL yea i used to be a diehard fandom-head and now i'm passive at best
i just look at arts and watch the show now

ahhh wowowow so cool ; A; i really like how you incorporated pics into yours! that kind of stuff makes me want to do stuff, makes me happy to open my notebook and use it, but i'm so lazy and need to practice to get to a level where i'd be excited and proud sooo that's why i'm gonna try to make myself do lettering this summer, lettering and light painting so i can do watercolors next year ; U; WHERE DO YOU GET ALL YOUR STICKERS?!??!

thank you thank you ^^~ i love the support hehe
i think even a simple reminder is good :) it's only when i hear so much negativity about the same things that i start getting aggressive and making them repeat positive things about themselves in the mirror and yelling "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH" in a mad voice xD

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/18 00:16:57 )

@Deaa: Ughdjah;dkgh i hate how they appropriate black culture so muchhhh. Every time I hear how an idol mocks or does black face i just cringe and smh so much. :( I feel like it's mostly that and group popularities and how they save their favs or better and just only care about that instead of just enjoying the music. Also, maybe it's just me, but I see a lot of fans just sexualizing idols so bad.

Haha same! xD I just enjoy being in fandoms from the side lines now instead of actively participating in it. Or with anime/manga i just enjoy fanart and other creative content people push out. Like dank memes. *finger guns* XDD

I would save a bunch of images from free magazines/catalogues in the mail. Good luck with your lettering! It's gets easy and more fun the more you practice! o uob Annnnd I got the stickers from House of Novelty on Aliexpress, Cheyenne Barton, Paperkumaco, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby. c:

It does help to give a simple reminder. I have a friend that sometimes complains about drawing and not being good at it, but I like to tell her it takes practice and that she shouldn't give up. c:
    Honestly, that bit about making them repeat positive things about themselves in the mirror and yelling back is a mood. I know I've done that to myself when i was in the gutter. ; 3;

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 17:36:48 )

@valefor: OK I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!
i would see blackface and "clown" afros on variety shows and just be sitting there with my afro like
and yea the fans can get a bit much, it can get quite uncomfortable very quick

also I think i found my next fanfic pairing, it's from Game of Thrones lol
this dismissed pairing i love is all i enjoy after that last season xD

ahhh that's smart and works out great too~ o: where do you store all your supplies? too bad i don't get much mail lol
oooooohhh *bookmarks all the sticker links* omg so cute ; u; I need more!

yeeaaaa i know ; A; hopefully she's practicing more than I am lol maybe i'll add it to my habit tracker
yup, i yell at myself sometimes too, when i'm really negative, i'm like "hey b***h get it together, stop being mean!"

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/22 21:09:59 )

@Deaa: Nah, i'm sure many other people feel the same way as us too. But I feel a lot of fans don't point it out because the idol is their favs and they would rather defend them rather than admit their favs are in the wrong. Like, I've been seeing a lot of the cornrow hairstyles. Some see it as just a hairstyle, but for others it's using that hairstyle just for the aesthetic and not appreciating its history and the culture that it came from. I don't watch the variety shows but I feel you when I read/hear of an instance like that. smh so much. :(
    I identify as Vietnamese (and a fourth Chinese) and it makes me cringe whenever I see other people mocking Asian languages by going "ching chong" or putting chopsticks in their hair. Or Ariana using the wrong characters (even though she was corrected & apparently had it checked before she got it) for her tattoo. > n> Don't use others cultures just purely for aesthetic or because it's trendy. :/ As for me (idk about anyone else), I don't mind if people dress up in Vietnamese traditional clothing like the Áo dài or learn to speak the language as long as they don't mock or disrespect my culture.
    ahhh mini rant over lol

Anywhoooo, I need to finish Game of Thrones lol. I know I stopped after season...4?? But I've been seeing so much about how fans are mad about the ending and the whole last season overall. ^^;

I store my washi tape in those photo boxes you can buy at michaels or hobby lobby. And the stickers/magazine clippings in the expanding folders. o uob For magazines I don't get a lot of mail either, I sometimes go to half price books and buy them from there especially if you don't want to print out a lot of images. Ink is expensive!

Ya know, I should practice that too. Every little words of encouragement helps along the way. c:
    It's either that or cry your eyes out and maybe feel a bit better. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/12 20:07:54 )

@valefor: ok cause some people would dismiss that and say like "well america/the rest of the world is racist, why take it out on kpop?"
which of course completely misses the entire point
yeaaahhh I still don't know why people do the chopsticks thing, like its legit for food
it'd be slightly different if they were using actual hair pins meant for that
I totally get it, like if you actually care about the culture and you're not using it for a cool factor or fetishizing it or the people, i'm cool with it

LOL yo the ending was trash, at least for me.
i'm finding younger millennials and younger hated the ending, older millennials and older thought it worked, liked it, etc.
cause everybody in my circle was pissed, but my mother, aunt, and sister-in-law all thought it was great

wooow so organized o: it sounds like you have a lot of stuff through
yeeaaa printing is very expensive! ink, printers, having it printed, etc.
the only cheap option is going to a cheap photo printer in like a walgreens or something, and even then it can go up depending on what you want

LOL funnily enough, since I got the cat I haven't felt a need to cry, but also rn in my life i'm just pissed off a lot and drink wine

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/13 03:04:40 )

@Deaa: Yea... pretty much it.
    And yea, I'm not offended by the chopsticks in hair but it's cringey when i see it lol.
    Yep. Exactly. Just respect the culture, it's not hard. xD

Oh man, so that's where the divide is. I guess I'll see for myself...whenever i decide to watch it and finish it. xDD

I don't have a lot (okay except maybe washi tape but they're just so pretty and it's hard not to buy them lol). I'm just really organized. ^^;
    Dude, it amazes me when i watch some youtubers print out so much stuff, like pics, for their bujo and I'm like :O But it's only a handful of people though.

I'm happy to hear your cat is helping you with that. c: But also understandable with life just sucking in general.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/14 00:08:56 )

@valefor: lol cringey like hearing non-black people use ebonics/AAVE without knowing there's actually grammar and rules for it
but really tho, that's all I'm asking for on surface level at least lol

lemme know when you watch it if you like it or not

LOL nothing wrong with being really organized, if you ever have a lot you'll be more prepared
LMAO yeeaaaa people relaly get into it, i watch a few women who like paint and draw and print out their paintings and draw more and its a LOT
BUT IT'S SOOOOO PRETTY

I've also been passing out on the couch and waking up between 3am and 6am with him on top of my chest or in my arms
and i always try not to but it just happens like every night

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/16 04:05:01 )

@Deaa: I've seen some non-black people do that, and I see what you mean. But I can't really comment any more on that because I didn't know there was more to it like that.

True. xD It's easier to find things when you have stuff organized.
    Duuude! I've seen those too! They really get into it and make it so fancy and extra. I don't have time for all of that. xDD But agreed. It really is pretty and nice. <3

awww what a sweet kitty!
    Is your sleep schedule broken? ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/26 16:42:38 )

@valefor: oohhh yea, it gets pretty bad, and there's this whole stigma against black people for using AAVE
basically saying it's unintelligent and unprofessional, when really it's just a "pigeon" language passed down and evolved from slavery times o:

YUP, that's why I can never find things until 1-2 days after I needed it xD
do you have favorite youtubers/instagrammers who do bullet journaling?

OH DEFINITELY BROKEN
last night i slept on the couch with a spray bottle in my hand so I could discipline him whenever he meowed at the door between 3 and 6am
(cause you can hear things clearly in the hallway and sound travels in the apartment building)
it worked cause he shut up and stopped walking on my chest so much lol

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/06/29 19:08:49 )

@Deaa: So much hate in the world. *facepalms* It's not hard to keep opinions to yourself and just be respectful. :(

LOL you need to spring cleaning if it's that bad. xD Ooh also speaking of organizing, after watching Marie Kondo's netflix series (and reading her book) i decided to organize my underwear, bras, and socks and wow never knew i had that much in a drawer. xD Also, found it really calming watching her help people organize or get rid of all their stuff. xD

As for fav bullet journal youtubers/instagrammers...I only follow a few lol. But there's tbhstudying, She Meets City, AmandaRachLee, annnd Caitlin's Corner.

LOL life with a cat xD
    but also hope you're able to get your sleep schedule back to normal.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/10 02:47:50 )

@valefor: lol how late am I tho

I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED WATCHING MARIE KONDO! I really meant to tho

hheeyy I follow amandarachlee! she's pretty cool lol
thanks for introducing me to She Meets City tho cause I've been low-key looking for a black bullet journalist~

I don't think my sleep schedule will ever go back to normal

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/12 02:13:39 )

@Deaa: First of all, CONGRATS ON GETTING THE BAYOU!!

I really enjoyed her whole series. It was just so heartwarming to watch! It really makes you want to clean and start organize things yourself. xD

I love Amanda. She's so creative with her spreads! :O I love her aesthetics too. xD
    Oh yeah! No prob! I'm still a new watcher, but i love her spreads! I saw one where she took inspiration from Shel Silverstein and his poems which really gave me a bunch of nostalgia. I just love listening to her talk and her vlogs. They're so calming! Speaking of black creators, she doesn't do bujo vids but does a lot of art videos, speedpaints, and vlogs. If you're interested, she's Minnie Small. I find a lot of her videos so calming too. And her art is so inspiring! She's one of my fav artists.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 21:00:15 )
@valefor: I'm so digging all of your works! You've been followed on Insta and Tumblr! ♥
Can't wait to see more from you! c:

Donator — she/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 21:05:50 )

@Twigg: ahh thank you!!
    I'm slowly trying to catch up on art. xD
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/15 21:07:37 )
@valefor: no problem!
And ahh I feel that. Between work and the occasional depressive slump I haven't done much myself recently either D:
Good luck though!!
Twigg's Art Shop//Freebies!
♥♥Questy Things!♥♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.