Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Social networking

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 15:05:03 )
We\'ll carry on

Just out of curiosity, what social networking apps/sites do you all use?

I’m on fb (check it in the morning, to catch up on the news) and Instagram.

I just got an app suggested for a social network named Reach - people like you. Anyone have any experience with that?

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 15:55:46 )
I use Facebook to find out horrible truths about people I used to respect, and I use Tumblr if I want actual entertaining or thought provoking things to look at. I also have an instagram I continually forget to post my art to... and I've been toying around with the amino app for a few days, still not sure how I feel about it though. I like the idea of social networking, but wish I could use it more to make new friends rather than keep up with people I know, but its the internet and perverts run rampant.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 15:57:09 )
I have a Facebook but never sign on unless mom tells me she shared something funny. I also have an Instagram and a Twitter that I'm hoping to post art on after I work on my style a little more.

No idea how to use Snapchat or Reach.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 16:17:50 )
We\'ll carry on

@Glume: from what I just read, Reach is to meet people with similar interests
@Kelsey: if there was an easier way to read up on all the news, I wouldn’t use fb either.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 16:33:41 )

I have a Facebook and Instagram.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 16:38:24 )

I have a facebook and tumblr.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 17:40:48 )
We\'ll carry on

@Hazer: even when you look at lots of cat pics on Instagram?

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 18:13:55 )
We\'ll carry on

@Hazer: weird, I never had pop ups at all

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 18:51:41 )
I use fb, I manage the fb page for my work and I also have my own insta and an insta for my work that I manage. I used snapchat for a bit but it got rly boring. idk if it counts as social media but I'm on imgur a lot and chat with folks on there. i
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 19:39:06 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I was given the opportunity in June to join a local college study in the use of
removing most social media from your devices for 3 months.
After I saw how much happier, well slept, and hey
actually missing some people was, I opted to completely delete
my facebook, tumblr and twitter in August.

Now I use facebook exclusively to update my fiance' and I's business page-
and I do so through /his/ facebook page. (He never uses it. It's there to be there lol)
The internet friends I had made were all given my phone number before I deleted.

Seriously the best decision I ever made.

I'll never delete youtube or pinterest though.
I don't really interact with people there so
it's not the same level of anguish the others
gave me (and I hadn't quite realized they did haha)

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 19:42:48 )
all of them

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 20:37:30 )
Ugh, social networking takes too much effort. Update this, post this, filter this.
Rather use my time doing better things tbh. No need to tell the world what
I'm eating or whatever. How boring.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 22:27:02 )
I use facebook, twitter, and instagram, but I can really only post updates about my son on facebook and updates about my job on twitter and instagram.

My job makes it to where I am not allowed to post an opinion on really anything. I have to be careful with what I like or comment or post or I could lose my job. It's seriously not even worth it to have social media most of the time, but facebook keeps me connected with my friends and family and Twitter is pretty much a requirement for my career. Instagram is to find new, trendy ideas for my career. *shrugs*

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/25 23:38:38 )
Tumblr mostly. I'm on some others but not as much. xD;

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 01:20:59 )
@kiwi: I'm a teacher. I have to be so careful that something doesn't get taken the wrong way and everything has to be extremely PC.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 02:54:36 )
I have a Facebook. I never post photos or update my status. I don't feel the need to constantly update everyone on my life; if you want an update, just talk to me directly. I mostly only use Facebook to message my friends; it's convenient for that.

I also used Facebook a lot while I was in school, because I was a part of a lot of student organizations. So I ran a number of groups and pages, which were useful for communication and publicity purposes. I was in charge of updating one of our pages weekly and god, I hated that responsibility. Too much energy spent constantly thinking of things to post.

Other than that, I only have a tumblr. Which I also never post on. I only have an account so I can follow blogs for my daily dose of entertaining trash. I occasionally check the Twitter of some artists that I follow, but I can't bring myself to actually make an account.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 06:23:36 )

I have a facebook that I almost never use, but I'm very active on Twitter. I do have a Tumblr account but I never post, only lurk sometimes.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 20:10:11 )
I used to you tumblr religiously, but then it became detrimental to my mental health. I kinda use twitter and art websites, but mostly I stay on forums like this one.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/26 21:14:14 )

I am on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. o w o

BUT

I rarely post updates on FB and Twitter. FB is for keeping up with friends and discovering events, while Twitter is for keeping up with artists and authors.
I probably should delete my Tumblr, but I love my handle too much, lol. I've only logged on a handful of times this year, and it's been years since I've actually done anything on the site. :s
Instagram is probably where I post the most. o:

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.