Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat How was your weekend?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 17:54:00 )

Mine was pretty nice and relaxing. I mostly just stayed at home with my husband and we played video games and watched anime. We also ate all of our meals at home which is cheaper than going out 😅
What did you guys do this weekend?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 18:31:58 )
Worked. :viosweat:

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 20:51:18 )
We started out weekend off strong by going to see slayer! I probably have a post about that flying around somewhere.... then we ended it on a flop by going to see a Manson/Zombie show. We went for Zombie and were planning on ditching before Manson came out because while we respected the man as an artist, he's not really our jam. Sadly, Manson went on first, and I have never been so underwhelmed by a performance. The man came on stage in an awesome leather jacket and dramatically removed it to expose his track suit underneath. He then proceeded to sing on his knees the entire show, only occasionally getting words into the microphone... then between songs, just blackness. No stage presence, no witty banter or audience acknowledgement. We left before his last two songs, and missed Zombie entirely. I later found out he collapsed on stage the night before, but I've also had people confirm that his shows usually go like that, so I only kind of feel bad for being so overtly critical... I guess...
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 21:36:02 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

] My friend had contacted a dog rescue, told them she has never had a dog before and has a 3 year old at home. She didn't mind an adult dog, she didn't mind having to do some training but needed a dog 1) House Broken 2) Not off the wall hyper. She put it in their hands to decide that for her (I guess that was a mistake.) They told her, two weeks in advance that she would be adopting "A very sweet Labrador retriever that is probably mixed with something else. But mostly Labrador Retriever."

My friend spent those two weeks researching Labrador Retrievers thoroughly. Everything was perfect and ready. They met half way for the exchange, and 10 days later she called me crying that she's a failure and that nothing she had studied had helped her, and they couldn't get into obedience training for another month (The one nearby was full). I used to train dogs (and birds) for a living so of course I would go and help my friend, right?

I can say without a doubt that this dog was an American Pitbull Terrier- not a Labrador Retriever. Whatsoever. I asked her if they updated her saying they switched it out, I had her call to see if there was a mistake and the rescue admitted on the phone that they disguise the breeds of Pitbulls so that they don't have to deal with any "bias" while adopting.

regardless of anyone's stance on pitbulls - this is wrong. APBT are NOT beginner dogs, and worse, this dog was no more than 1 year old.

She told them this was her very first dog and she had a 3 year old. It has d e s t r o y e d her house. My friend had to get stitches from a play bite.
(The dog genuinely wasn't showing any mean aggression but was absolutely off the walls hyper and mouthy as are most young dogs without any training.) It wasn't house broken.

During a walk at one point my friend was incapable of distracting the dog- he saw a rabbit- he dragged her on the ground through rocks and dirt- and while he didn't kill /that/ rabbit - he dug up the borrow where her babies were and killed them all despite my friend doing everything she could to pull him away. She and the dog were legit covered in blood, as well as that entire portion of the yard.

I did the best training I could do in a 3 day period but my ultimate advice to her was to return the dog, and request her money back. They admitted they weren't honest about his breed and my friend told them upfront she had never had dog before and was OK with an adult dog.

Well my friend has no backbone and they said "You signed a no refund contract" (but they did not give her what she paid for. She paid for a Labrador Retriever)
so not only did she not get a refund, but they quickly found a new adopter - that new adopter ironically knows my friend! It was pure coincidence. And she told us that the adoption agency said this dog needed to be saved from an abusive home with a terrorizing 3 year old. (Her daughter never even got close to the dog after the dog bit her (playfully) the first time) .

So she's out $750+all supplies she had, falsely labeled abusive, got hurt and has to spend time repairing her home.

So that was my weekend, went in hoping to help her train a lab, I successfully did some training with the pitbull but he being super young was going to need a lot more time and effort from my friend than she would be physically capable of . So what was supposed to be fun was not. lol

That was my whole weekend. @_@

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/21 22:28:36 )

I had a pretty active weekend actually. Went to donate blood plasma, went grocery shopping, and Sunday I went to hang out with a friend. We had pizza, wine, and movies. Was a blast.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 19:45:45 )

@Another Movie Addict: that sounds really nice. I would love any weekend like that.
@Millet: oh my. That’s a lot of stuff in one weekend. I love dogs by the way lol
@Glume: too bad it didn’t live up to your expectations but I feel bad for the guy too :(

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 19:48:24 )

@onsenmark: well that sucks. When I have to work I just think about the money haha
@Hazer: we played Super Mario Oddessy, Xenoblade 2, and some Stardew Valley. For anime we watch One Piece, Stein’s gate, a place further than the universe and Tatami Galaxy. I really loved Tatami Galaxy. I recommend it.
We don’t cook as home as much as we should because it really does save money ^^;

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/23 21:41:16 )
Work. Working in retail means that weekends do not exist.

Just chillin'

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 02:44:20 )
@Totalanimefan: meh. it's all good.

@Robyn: we are at the mercy of the schedule. :viosweat:

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/24 06:33:33 )

@Robyn: I worked retail for so many years. It's true :(
@onsenmark: Did you make money? lol

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 06:13:42 )
@Totalanimefan: I got paid, if that's what you mean. :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/25 15:48:17 )
@Totalanimefan: good! went to a staff party as my summer job is over, got back home and unpacked. then spent two nights on a canoe camping trip in the middle of nowhere. was fun!
call me grem
they/them

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 05:04:23 )

@onsenmark: lol that is what I meant by that

@nyreen: oh wow that sounds really nice! I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 07:13:45 )
@totalanimefan: what animes y'all watching?

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/26 07:33:58 )

@Luffer Nutter: one piece, steins gate 0, a place further than the universe! Gintama, hinamatsuri

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.