Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums News & Updates The Surge: Developer Updates

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 21:56:30 )

Hey good lookin', miss me? It's Spark here once again, transmitting live from Voltra Tower to bring you the latest and greatest in news from our beautiful city. And let me tell you folks, Voltra's been going under some amazing renovations. Let's explore what's new!

Tab Addition

You know those fun little things you can fiddle with and open up to get more things? Yeah, I pay attention when my siblings are crafting stuff!

Well good news folks, they have a new home in your inventory! To better organize your collection, the "Consumables" tab as now been added.

This includes orbs, crates, and goodie bags... Anything that can be opened or used outside of equipping! Speaking of...

Goodie Bags!

You all remember goodie bags right? Those expensive, mysterious little items that get released at the end of every event? Well the wait is over people, they're now live and ready to be opened! YEP that's right!

Each goodie bag can be opened, and you can select one (1) item from that goodie bag's event to be added to your inventory!

I also hear moving forward, this feature will be available in future goodie bag's once its respective event has concluded.

If you'd like to see a catalogue of past goodie bags and the items within them, check out our Item Museum's 2017 and 2018 exhibits!

Trade History

You asked for it, you got it! You can now easily manage your finances and reference past interactions with the newly added Trade History feature! With the simple click of a button, you can view what you've traded, who you've traded with, and when it happened!

Ignore Feature

You know, I love each and every one of you deeply and unconditionally. But I'm also aware there's some people who just don't click, especially with Voltra's ever expanding population. Now, I'd love if we could all just work out our differences and get along, but even a guy like me knows that sometimes that's just not an option.

So after much demand, Voltra's officially rolling out a brand-spanking new blocking feature! If there's a user that you just can't get along with and you want to avoid conflict, this might be the option for you. Of course, if they're actively harassing you or breaking the rules, the moderators are the first people who you should turn to! They have your back and want to keep Voltra safe.

But in a situation where no rules are broken and the only way to maintain the peace is to part ways? This might be your go-to option. Remember, it's on all of us as Volties to keep our community inviting, safe, and enjoyable for all.

This is a lot of power being put into your hands, so use it responsibly alright? Make me proud.

Themes

Now onto a lighter topic, let's talk about beautifying our city, people!

Voltra now has theme options! For those of you out there that can't handle the brightness like I can, you can now choose to toggle on the newly improved "Blackout" theme under "Settings". Ugh, I don't know why you'd want to though, I heard it's crawling with imps and agents... If any of them cause you trouble, come to me! I'll handle them!

Ahem... Sorry I lost track of this announcement! Moving on! Right now there's only two options, but with time this catalogue of themes will grow! I've been told themes will be inspired by upcoming Voltra events, how exciting. Be sure to keep an eye out.

(Note: Due to some design updates with the website navigation, some updates to personalized profile CSS may be necessary.)

Emojis

To help celebrate the release of this new theme, special Blackout emojis have also been added to the roster. Enjoy!

Front Page Update

You may have noticed some blurriness in our beautiful Voltra landscape. Not anymore! It should fit crystal clear to any size monitor. Cool!

Coming Soon
Common Surge (August 15th)
Plasma Orbs (August 25th)
Voltra's First Year Anniversary (Sept 1)

A huge shout out to Hazer for all these updates that he's been firing out, and to the rest of our lovely development team for all their hard work building our city. I can't wait to see what you have coming out next for us!

And a special thank you for tuning in once again, my friends. Until next time, be sure to have fun, be safe, and look out for each other.

Love you Voltra! Spark out!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 22:33:46 )
Tbh the crescent mooon avi is one I didn't even realise I needed in my life
but here it is, so convenient Q-Q bless

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 22:49:33 )

omg yesss trade history is something i've been wanting for so long!
And themes?! YES PLEASE <3
thank you so much for the amazing updates!

Questing: click here!

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 22:49:42 )

Thank you for the updates. I really like them thanks @Hazer: !!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 22:50:09 )

Thank you for trade history!!!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 23:06:23 )

Ooo all of these updates are amazing, thank youuu!!

Voltie — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/8 23:07:31 )
Flaria says hello everyone! Have a fabulous day!

Yes! Another updates! Thank you so much everyone! Especially, Hazer! You did wonderful job! Keep it up!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 01:44:07 )
Awesome updates. Thank you!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 02:11:16 )
Whoa, these are some substantial updates. Thank you!!
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Lucifer Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 03:20:52 )
blackout theme has saved my unlife ;o;, hazi you are a god among pixels
relocated to Death c:

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 04:05:48 )
Omg all the new features
Thank you so much <33

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 04:07:59 )
Oh man this Blackout theme is even better than I remember. Everyone looks so pretty on a dark background.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 08:29:50 )
Thanks for working so hard on all the updates.
Great job!!
foxotanashi
• A Nalightful Quest •

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 09:04:35 )
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HAZER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 12:25:30 )
@Hazer: I know that (props btw) I just mean from testing it out.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 13:15:49 )
So much awesomeness!!!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 13:56:12 )
DUDE OMG. THIS IS TRULY SOME EPIC SH- stuff. Blackout theme is so lovely, especially for people like me who are up super late, and don't like having their retinas fried. LOL
Thank you for the moon emoji. It is truly wonderful.

@Hazer: Dude you rock. How much freaking coffee did you use? o_____o;;;

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 13:58:50 )
We'll carry on

@Kozi: we don't talk about caffeine intake. It's embarrassing.

All hail the Hazer!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/9 21:15:40 )
@Hazer: thank you so much for all of the new features,
I love them all you did a wonderful job
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/08/10 01:44:04 )
Damn. Y'all have been busy.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.