Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got acrylic nails yesterday!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 05:16:15 )

I had grown my nails out really long but they were a pain tbh because I didn't have the right stuff to take care of them so they were messed up (only a few) so I paid for them to be cut off and also got fake nails~
This is what they look like:

Is $40 a reasonable price? I sure hope it was.
I honestly love them but the lady that did my nails made some mistakes. The glue is in some wrong places and my nails weren't filed before she put on the fake nail so it's just sticking out of the sides and she also missed some spots with nail polish and also didn't file some of the fake nails all the way. Some are also different lengths and widths which looks odd. I still love it tho.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 05:57:53 )
Well, honestly, $40 is a little steep considering some of the mistakes she made, but if you're happy with them that's the important thing!

I personally can't handle them, I need to be able to use my hands and prefer natural nails c': but I think they look great on other people. I've seen some interesting designs.

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 09:54:32 )
Looks good to me! Tbh i could never keep my nails long, i feel they stop me from doing a lot of stuff

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 11:26:11 )
40 is a bit too much with all of the mistakes she made. I must agree on the part of when nails are too long it is really hard for myself to do most things. I'd rather do my own fake nails than pay someone to do it for me.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 19:26:33 )

@Vii: Good to know, I do love them very much!
I wanted holo or chrome but they didn't have any! T_T
@Kcalb: I got used to them fast since I've always had long nails. Thank you
@Mermicorn: I don't trust myself enough to do them even tho you could literally get an acrylic nails set at the dollar store lol
@Nephila: haha ty!
So I over spent? On the site it said $25 but when I got there they said $30 and then charged me for cutting my nails as well so $40...
Lol I don't think I'll be doing this again tho, maybe just get a manicure which I really enjoyed last time and it's only $15 and so worth it.
Lol do it! I just don't trust myself with acrylic nails and nail glue (once got nail glue on my face like how tf does that happen???)

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 20:53:41 )
@RainbowPanda: its the opposite for me! I never wore them long bc i needed to be close to the paper when drawing in hs so they feel weird now
Ur welcome! Is this your usual design or are you charging it every time youre having them done?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/16 22:39:17 )
@RainbowPanda: I can understand that you don't oh no I wouldn't buy something so cheap from there I'd rather buy them from a beauty store that also sells nail polishes, nail gems, and stickers ect.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 04:25:42 )

@Kcalb: ahhh I see
First time having this done, I sometimes do nail art tho but it always sucks lol
@Mermicorn: I would as well :) just waiting for my nails to grow out again and hopefully they aren't shitty and gross under this acrylic nail stuff.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 06:47:29 )
@RainbowPanda: thats cool tho did you take any pics of them? Despite wearing the title of artist sometimes i confess my hands are not very steady so i could never attempt that myself haha (even painting my nails with regular polish is a shaky affair)
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 07:02:25 )
@RainbowPanda: it might take them a bit to grow after the acrylic nails arn't on with all that glue and what not all over your nails.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 17:16:11 )

@Kcalb: sadly no I don't believe so. :(
Mine aren't steady either
@Mermicorn: ah poo
Also I'm going swimming today so I hope that doesn't do anything to my nails...
@Nephila: Lol what colors did he choose?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 20:50:48 )
@RainbowPanda: If it is pool water they might come off for swimming in the pool. But good luck with that.

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/17 22:37:27 )
Forty is about how much I pay where I live.
I’m going to be honest my first time getting my nails done was an experience. I had almost identical mistakes made and it made me question if I ever wanted them redone. I gave it a try and the right technician makes all the difference.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/18 15:09:38 )

@Mermicorn: I swam for a long time and nothing happened to my nails. I'm surprised ouo
@Lithium: good to know
Oh rlly well then I might do this again!
@Nephila: I don't really like green but still sounds pretty. Holo makes everything better.

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/18 15:39:10 )
Wow, those are some claws. Anyways I know this has been said a lot already, but after reading about all those mistakes 40 dollars does seem too high. I’m sure you could have asked for a discount because of them. I personally don’t understand how people can handle them. Especially the ones that are curved like claws. I see people with them at the mall all the time. It’s good you like them and mildly impressed that you are able to handle them and are typing with them. That takes some skill.

*coughs* I actually paint my nails and make my own nail polish. Yes, there are some guys who paint their nails... Though I only do black and “punk” looking colors. And no glittery/shimmery colors. <_< (I actually have them painted right now.)
I get agitated if my nails reach a certain length.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 05:32:31 )
@RainbowPanda: that is amazing, must be some really great nail glue.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 07:13:23 )

@Faust Sheep: Lol ikr but they aren't super long which is good. I'm trying my best to not break them haha
Yeah probably was but whatever too late now.
Ooo that's awesome, I love using black and white nail polish! Wait...you make your own? How?? That sounds awesome ouo
I don't mind my nails being long cuz I'm used to it and I have skinny and long boney fingers lol
@Mermicorn: I just thought the nail polish would come off. I recommend the essie top coat :D

Voltie — Moody Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 09:22:56 )

Batsy Says. . .

those nails are bomb.
i love them.

i've never had manicure before. i might consider it in the future. XD
but considering i'm going to be getting a desk job...might be kinda hard to type. :vanora_sad:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 14:23:13 )
@RainbowPanda: I usually start out with a hypoallergenic clear or a white as a base (I’m allergic to most brands) and then use food coloring or an eye shadow to add the color. There are videos on other ways to make it, but I have to be careful what is in mine because of the allergies. I plan on getting a chemistry set and making it completely from scratch.

Did you get your nails done for any special occasion or did you think it’d be a fun thing to try?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/19 15:55:01 )

@MoodyBats: Thank you!
Hmm well once you get used to it, it isn't do bad.
@Faust Sheep: ooo that sounds pretty cool
Just for fun!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.