Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I got a new job!

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 01:51:19 )
So, as some of you may or may not know, when I'm not pixeling for Voltra, I have a part time job as a housekeeper. It only offers three hours a day, so we have been struggling financially for a little while. Its been a big difference from my former jobs in retail management. Today, out of the blue, I got an interview and was hired on the spot at a retirement center not far from where I live! I'm going to be a RA... whatever that is! Its ok, they're going to train me up to do this thing I am probably completely unqualified for. To top it off, I had three separate people call me for interviews today as well, as though the gods of stability were smiling down upon me.
Sure makes the fact that my mouse-wheel is forever broken seem not so bad.
How are you guys doing today?

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 03:10:03 )
Congratulations! That certainly is amazing news.
Have you worked in that field before?

I am currently trying to write good work qualities about my self for a position I'm toying on applying for. It's not easy to write about myself.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 09:51:08 )
@Lithium: I have not worked as an RA, but I was a housekeeper in a retirement home so I'm familiar with the hustle and bustle.

My favorite this to do when asked to brag about my work qualities, is google "work skills" and just jot down everything that applies to me. For instance, I did not realize that positive attitude was a work skill, I just thought it was the decent thing to do :D

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 12:06:02 )
We'll carry on

Ooh! You're going to be a Royal Academy!

Congratulations on the new job!

Donator — she, her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 12:38:10 )
@glume: I would never have thought of that!
Thank you for the tip I’ll definitely sit down and put more into it this evening after work.

It’s also nice to be familiar on some level woth where you are starting, my current job I walked into blindly xd
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 12:49:45 )
@Tuijp: Never! Down with monarchies!

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 13:10:14 )
We'll carry on

@Glume: hey, you accepted the job, not me

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 13:16:47 )
@Tuijp: I guess I'll have to tear it down from the inside.

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 13:26:14 )
We'll carry on

@Glume: I doubt Lizzy would let you

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 13:41:01 )
@Glume: Congratulations Glume! Sound slike a pretty cool job! This is me throwing my hands up in the air like woohooo!

Always ping me please.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 17:07:35 )
@glume: CONGRATS LADY

I mean if an RA is anything like in a dorm you're just kind of like in charge of keeping everything in order? like a general manager kind of thing? But idk if that applies to this XD

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 17:28:25 )
@Saeyra: Crab dancing time. Its officially a thing.

@Luffer Nutter: I think thats basically correct, but also I get to dole out medication and maybe feed/bathe folks.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 17:29:45 )
@glume: hahaha yaaasss Glume the new dealer on the block XDD

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 17:41:28 )
@Luffer Nutter: and if seeing wrinkled old man parts is the worst of my day, I'll be just fine.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 17:46:23 )
@glume: I hope your get the most seile of all the elderly. Old and bonkers that's how I like em ovo

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 18:37:23 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

Congrats!

I've thought about switching jobs for a while now, but I live in tiny town over less than 500 people. We have one pub that's family run, one restaurant only open half the week, and one store open 24 hours, 7 days a week .I work at the store, obviously. And I don't drive. So I don't really have any options for a different job :(

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/11 21:18:43 )
Ayyyeee congrats on successfully obtaining employment! Not starving is always a wonderful thing. xD I need to get off my lazy butt and find another job too but I am enjoying this vacation way toooooooooo much. |D

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/12 01:00:17 )

That’s awesome! Congrats on your new job!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/12 01:09:42 )
Oh, wow, congrats. :o

I kind of wish someone would hire me on the spot like that. :(
Well, other than pet sitting jobs.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/12 01:41:50 )
@Luffer Nutter: I'm getting the Alzheimer and dementia ward, so it should be a blast! There's happy dementia and sad/lost dementia from what I've seen, so I hope they are happy (for their sake, not mine :D ) I feel like brain-weirdness is my specialty, because I love working with the developmentally disabled, too. I'm hoping to take any skills I learn here back into that field later in life.

@Mellonin: I have the no driving problem as well so I feel ya. It started as a choice now its due to a disability (hooray for convenient excuses?). My husband and I are house hunting, and the cheapest places near me to live are in towns like yours. It would be ideal in every way with the exception of my having gainful employment. Remember when one person could support a family of four on eight hours a day? I 'member.

@Vii: If you can get away with it, live it up! My being out of work is what brought me here! Free time is such a magical time these days.

@Faust Sheep: Its so weird. It feels like a trap. But, to be fair, the last time I was hired on the spot, it WAS a trap
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.