Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Just got a PS4

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/8 23:00:24 )
So, I just got a PS4 and I don't have much games for it now. I'm not sure what games to get other than the handful that I have.
Right now, I have Little Big Planet 3, Ratchet and Clank, Destiny, and Knack. I've had Battlefront 1 and 2. But didn't like them at all. I really like Borderlands (especially the second one), Diablo 3, WoW and games like those.
So, if you have any recommendations, I will love you forever!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/8 23:58:20 )
Ratchet and Clank and Destiny are two of my fave all-time games!! R&C particularly as that was my childhood fave. I definitely recommend grabbing the Uncharted series, they are an amazing story!, as well as Destiny 2 as the sequel is even better than the original. Journey, Transistor, Mirror's Edge, and Deus Ex are a few of my other fave titles. Honestly I could go on and on all day about video games xD and it goes without saying: Skyrim.

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/9 00:20:16 )
Do you like Fallout? Fallout 4 is on that system.
Final Fantasy XV is also on it.
Stardew Valley also has a PS4 version.
I think I have more, but I need to check...
PS4 is still kind of new to me too.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/9 17:14:26 )
Check the "free" section on the PS store, too. There are some pretty good titles, like Tera. Star Trek Online, and Fallout Shelter*.

Also, get some demos.

If you plan on getting FF XV, get the Platinum Demo first, because a few things carry over to the main game(sorry, not spoiling).

(* while it's a good game, Fallout Shelter can get pretty hard at times.)

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/10 15:44:47 )
Holy cow they have Fallout Shelter on consoles? Hmmmm

Also yes idk how I forgot about one of my fave franchises but Fallout is amazeballs

please ping me if you need my attention! || stardust || be excellent to each other ♥
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/10 19:02:22 )
Vii:
Holy cow they have Fallout Shelter on consoles? Hmmmm

Also yes idk how I forgot about one of my fave franchises but Fallout is amazeballs

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it dropped on the PS Store a couple weeks or so back. I forget when, exactly.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/10 22:32:21 )

Great that you got one. I love playing JRPGs on it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/12 04:38:30 )
JYSK, Dragon Quest XI is going to drop on PS4 in September. Outside of the PC version, that's the only way you're going to be able to play it Stateside, because no 3DS version for the US(which is totally stupid).

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/20 01:08:15 )

I highly recommend FFXV! The soundtrack is incredible and the graphics in the special cut scenes are truly amazing.
It's full of feels, and laughs. The fighting is fun to do and as you battle the characters talk and interact with each other!
(It's so cute at the end of battles sometimes, Prompto will sing the FF fanfare theme!)

I deeply enjoy this game <3

Find my illustrations here: https://twitter.com/Lydiachan22

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/07/20 03:32:50 )
Lydiachan22:

I highly recommend FFXV! The soundtrack is incredible and the graphics in the special cut scenes are truly amazing.
It's full of feels, and laughs. The fighting is fun to do and as you battle the characters talk and interact with each other!
(It's so cute at the end of battles sometimes, Prompto will sing the FF fanfare theme!)

I deeply enjoy this game &lt;3

Thanks to bleep!ing Prompto, I hear him sing every time I ride a chocobo in FF XIV. :viosweat:

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/6 01:40:12 )
I gotta recommend Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice to everyone. Amazing game. It's a download-only title, unfortunately. I can't say enough good things about it. You play a mentally ill Pict whose boyfriend was murdered by Vikings. She has to go to the underworld carrying his head, and take on the goddess of death to get his soul back. Ultimate love story right there. And it's completely terrifying. I thought the fights and the puzzles were extremely difficult so I did use YouTube videos to figure some things out, but the good thing (I guess) is that you can't actually die. The game threatens you constantly but nothing ever happens, because the threat of death is supposed to be part of the character's paranoia. (Mild spoiler, but you figure it out fast.)

Anyway, I thought it was awesome. I also really loved Final Fantasy XV. Each game in the series is standalone so you don't need any prior knowledge. The only irritating thing is, they pieced the game out in chunks. If you want the full story you have to buy all kinds of DLC. But even without it, it's a lot of fun and I love the characters. I've been a longtime FF fan and I rank this as my second favorite of the series, after VI.

Life is Strange is fantastic if you just want to enjoy a great story (about a serial killer...but there's no blood or anything). Your choices impact the world around you but you never have to fight anything, it's just story.

Those are my favorite PS4 games.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/13 05:31:48 )
Dragon Quest XI. I'm only three hours in, and the game is GODLY.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/20 13:00:01 )
Spiro remakes?

Just chillin'

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.