Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Mythical Meetings and Demonic Dealings

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 04:52:26 )
Quiet! Lady Luna is speaking!- - - -

Navigation
Rylie | Illias | Roxie | Sierra | Allee | Averie | Hazel | Arryn | Evan | Blair

Hiding down an alleyway and behind a dumpster was far from ideal, but there was nothing to get in the way. That much wasn’t deniable, either.

One thing that couldn’t be denied though, was that there was a ruckus going on. The townspeople were terrified. There was a ‘monster’ running around.

And the result was someone, or something, hiding behind a dumpster in an alley.

She was silent as she looked out the window of the car, seemingly rather unimpressed.

”I hate traveling.” She commented.

”Seriously… this always sucks.” It couldn’t be denied.

”At least I’m not the one driving.”

- - - -All right, she is finished. You may speak again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 05:14:03 )
The one that was driving sighed, as the wind blew his short black hair.

"I know you do." he replied.

"I don't mind it, myself." he told her. "Then again, I'm used to travelling in a place that's... well... the commute is less than pleasant." he mumbled.

"Guess it's a good thing I got my license." he then chuckled.

"Regardless, we're almost there." he told her. "We'll be within city limits in the next 5 minutes or so." he said further.

"Remind me again, what's the nature of this panic?" he asked her. "Like, I recall Sharp saying there was a monster terrorizing the populace, according to reports, but... was there anything in specific?" he asked further.

"I didn't get the best look at the report file." he then admitted with another sigh.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 05:18:52 )
"If I got my license, I'd be a bloody hazard." She commented with a laugh.

"And report? There's a headless monster terrorizing the place." She added. "I'm not sure how healthy it would be to have a freaking Zombie driving around when she's losin' her mind at times."

"Regardless, at least we're going to be there soon." She added. "I have no idea what it is that is going to come from this, either."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 05:40:51 )
"Headless?" the male asked.

"...headless..." he repeated, thinking about it.

"That could be... well, a number of things." he said. "But all of them are... pretty rare cases." he admitted, thinking about it some more.

"And hah! You with a license would be actually kind of amusing to see." he the chuckled.

After a few more minutes, they entered the city, and the male found a parking spot somewhere out of the way. They got out of the vehicle, and made their way to where there was a police barricade. They were stopped by one of the officers, but the male flashed the badge he had.

"Special Unit 3. We were called in here." he told the officer.

"Tell us the situation." he said. "Any casualties?" he asked further, trying to secretly ascertain whether or not this was a REAL emergency, and if it was, the nature of the emergency.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 19:12:45 )
"Me with a license would be a danger to national security, most likely." She said with a snicker. "Or at least there would be people who would try and spin it that way." She added.

She followed her partner silently as they approached the authorities there, while she just looked around to try and get ar ead on the general area.

The officer was silent for a moment before sighing.

"No. Not that we can find." They answered.

"There was on a report for a decapitated person, but we're finding no evidence of it. And then we got the calls about someone, or something, walking around without a head."

"So you've set this up because you havbe no idea what's going on?" She asked, not looking to the officer.

"Actually, no. there was a wreck just up a head." The officer then said.

"We're cleaning up the mess of metal from the motorcycle that was left behind."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 00:58:12 )
The male paused when he heard that.

"A motorcycle?" he asked.

"That's correct." the officer responded.

"Right, then." the male replied. "We're going in, please do not interfere with our investigation unless asked." he told the officer.

The officer nodded in response, and the two of them stepped through the barrier, going deeper into the sectioned area.

"Something about this is... ringing some sort of bell of familiarity in my brain." the male mumbled.

"But for the life... or death... of me, I cannot pin it down."

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 05:24:18 )
She was silent for a moment as she followed.

"Really? The great Azazel can't remember something?" She asked with a laugh.

"In all seriousness, I have no idea why it would be that you can remember something regarding it, but not it specifically."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 05:37:03 )
Azazel just rolled his eyes.

"Oh, har, har, Aedan." he replied. "You KNOW my memory isn't perfect, and I'm a middle-tier demon at BEST." he reminded her.

"But yeah, this just seems... familiar... somehow." he mumbled.

"Regardless, we should split up, go in opposite directions." he told her. "Try and cover more ground, find out what the hell's going on here." he reasoned.

"We'll keep in contact, and let each other know if we discover anything." he went on.

"That work for you?" he asked.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 05:51:56 )
Aedan just laughed.

"Don't worry, I jest." She then said.

"But yeah. Splitting up really may be best." She agreed after a few seconds.

"Of only just because of the fact that I know that we do need to find out what's going on."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 06:03:52 )
"Awesome." Azazel responded.

"I'll go West, you go East." he told her.

"We'll essentially make our way South, patrolling the streets." he said.

"And we'll contact each other in an hour, unless we find something." he then finished.

"Now let's move." he told her.

With that, the two of them broke apart, and he started making his way down the closest street, making sure to look down every alley and dead-end turn-off.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 06:07:52 )
Aedan nodded.

"Sounds good." She said.

"I'll see you later." She added before heading off, as did he.

She wasn't finding much of anything, but that wasn't surprisingly her too much. She knew that there was plkenty going on, but at the same time that she realized there was plenty for her to wonder about. She knew that there was a lot that could go wrong here, considering there was a drug den in the area, but she could deal with that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 06:25:58 )
Azazel wasn't really finding anything, either.

However, he swore he heard something from down one of the alleys nearby.

He raced down the alley, only to find it was a dead-end.

"Eh?" he muttered.

"Swore I..." he mumbled, looking around.

"Am I hearing things?" he asked himself leaning against the wall and attempting to gather his senses.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 06:31:00 )
He wasn't there hearing anything for long. About five minutes later, he heard what sounded like someone shifting. There was now ay for him to know what it was, for all he knew, it was a cat or dog that was shifting.

Of course, it did sound rather large.

so the question really was that it could be whatever it was that was 'terrorizing' the people.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 06:38:47 )
Instantly, Azazel was on guard.

'What was that!?' he exclaimed mentally.

'I heard SOMETHING, and it was large.' he told himself.

He then looked around, before started to slowly step away from the wall.

'Calm... calm... be aware of surroundings...' he told himself, as he continued to look ahead, and check to his left and right.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 06:46:50 )
There was nothing around him. He could tell, no change in the air around him or anything.

Then he heard it again, and he realised something.

It wasn't from the alley.

Meaning it could be from someone in the buildings he was bit, by a window, or above in any sense.

The question, really,w as what it was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 07:01:27 )
Azazel narrowed his eyes a little, before realizing he was in the wrong area.

He looked up, but didn't see anything... though he continued to hear the shuffling and moving about.

So he followed the sound out of the alley, and started to walk down the sidewalk.

'...someone... or something... is around.' he thought.

'Question is... is this what I'm looking for, or something else entirely?' he wondered.

'And what building are they in... and what floor?' he asked himself further, opening a nearby door and peering inside.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 15:45:34 )
When he peered inside, he didn't see anything aside from an empty and sparse hall. There was nothing there.

That was no help.

But that wasn't a surprise. He hadn't truly believed that it would be so easy.

As he was looking through, he felt... something. The question was what, but it was easy enough for him to identify.

There was a certain mana in the air, and it was one that would make any normal human (or mage) feel like they were on the list for death. That was believeable though, considering what it was that left the mana.

At least with that, he'd be able to follow it and find who he was looking for.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 19:58:49 )
Azazel crossed his arms over his chest, and thought about it.

"Hm." he muttered.

"This feeling... headless monster... motorcycle crash..." he said to himself.

"Wait..." he then said, looking around some.

"I think I might need to get moving, and find them FAST." he realized.

With that, he picked up the pace, and started to run towards where the mana was starting to get stronger.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 20:05:37 )
He stepped into an alleyway as he looked around before pausing somewhere down it. It was a dead end, there was no way that the one he was looking for was down here.

Was there?

Well, they weren't, at least not at first. A few minutes later, there was a crash above and something came falling down atop him.

That something behind a body.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 20:56:44 )
When he and the body collided with each other, he exclaimed loudly, but managed to correct himself... only to see the body that was before it.

It was clearly female.

And it had no head.

"........" he was silent as he saw this, but didn't freak out. Not even when the body started to try and scramble away from him.

He reached out, and put his hand on her shoulder, quickly tapping out morse code on her shoulder.

It's me. Azazel.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.