Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Mythical Meetings and Demonic Dealings

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 03:15:42 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, Nathan." Ilias responded.

"Or Nate, as we call him." he added, as Helena poked her head out again.

"...this is Helena, and she's saying hello." he told her.

"She's quite inquisitive about new people around her that will be seen a lot." he went on.

"It's a compliment, don't worry."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 03:19:57 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Arryn just chuckled.

"Duly noted." She commented as she held a hand out to the snake, so she could get a sense for her better. She didn't flinch or react at all to Helena's touch hitting her lightly, either. Didn't seem bothered by what Ilias was at all, for that matter.

"Anyhow, I'm sure you're busy." She commented.

"I'll clear out. Wanna go grab food, anyway."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 03:39:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias nodded slightly, as Helena disappeared back into his hair.

"All right." he said.

"Thanks again." he told her, gesturing to the book.

"And I'll see you later... Arryn, right?" he finished, trying to remember her name.

"Am I remembering that correctly?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 03:41:28 )

"Yep. Arryn." She confiremed with a nod.

"I'll see you around." With that, she waved and headed off. She followed the map to the medwing and looked around after stepping.

"Hmmmm, wonder where he is.... or if he's even in today." She muttered, not seeing him immedaitely.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 04:05:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she looked around, one of the male staff that worked there noticed her, and made his way over.

"Hello there." he greeted her.

"Ah, I remember you." he then said. "Good to see you're doing well." he went on, looking her over.

"Is there something I can help you with?" he then asked.

"I'm looking for Nathan." Arryn responded.

"Ah yes, he should be just finished sorting the latest shipment we got in, if you'd like to go see him." the man responded, gesturing to where the area was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 04:11:49 )

"Perfect, thank you" Arryn said with a soft smile before heading off in the direction of where she was told Nathan was.

"Knock knock?" She asked as she poked her head in the slightly open door. She saw him stretching, after obviously finishing lifting or oragnising something, before he looked over.

"Hey, hello there, Arryn." He said with a smile.

"You're looking to have recovered beautifully." He added, which net a bit of a chuckle from her.

"I have. Thank you so much for your help in that." She responded.

"You have a couple minutes?" She then asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 04:38:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, sure." Nate responded. "I was told to go on break when I finished this, which happens to be now." he told her. "So, perfecting timing on THAT part." he laughed.

He then grabbed a half-full bottle of water, opened it, and downed the rest as he walked his way over towards her, dropping the empty bottle on the small desk that was off to the side.

"And you're welcome." he added with a smile.

"So, what's up?" he then asked.

"You lookin' for me for something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 04:41:43 )

"Yeah, I was." Arryn answered as she reached into her bag.

"Here. The couple of books I promised you." She said, withdrawing two obviously older tomes. However, they weren't huge.

"The top one is all about various gifts from the gods, and there's an entire chapter devoted to yours." She told him. "The other is about Asklepios himself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 05:00:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh! Thank you!" Nate responded, accepting them.

"This should make for some fascinating reading, to massively understate it." he chuckled.

"I'll be sure to take the utmost of care of this books." he then assured her.

"...so what brings you here, aside from these books?" he asked.

"I've heard rumours that you've been seen near Agent Sharp's office lately." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 05:01:57 )

"That's because I have been." Arryn answered with a chuckle.

"Had interviews and whatnot with him." She added.

"Heard he was looking for a receptionist... I've been to school for administration stuffs.... seemed like an obvious thing to me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/28 05:20:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...thank you." Nate responded. "He wouldn't have been able to keep that up for long." he said. "Just because the sheer amount of paperwork would have buried him in no time." he then said further, shaking his head.

"...I'm assuming you're hired?" he added after a pause.

"I am." Arryn confirmed with a chuckle.

"Then welcome aboard." Nate replied with a smile. "I'm sure you'll find this place very nice to work in." he assured her.

- - - END SECTION - - -

Lindsay just sighed as he listened to the man on the other side of the phone. He could sympathise with what was being said, but he was swamped with work as it was. He was going to have NO free time for the next month or so, and this needed tending to. Unfortunately, he couldn't shift his schedule even a LITTLE bit.

"I'll see if I can-" he started to say further, before pausing a moment. "...are you willing to give a chance to someone fresh out of post-secondary, who's only done some assistance and internship?" he asked.

"If you can vouch for them, yes." the man responded.

"Excellent." Lindsay replied. "I'll call you later with the details." he told him, before they formally ended the call and he hung up... just as his wife walked past the open door to his office.

"Oh! Casey!" he called out.

"You know where Evan is?" he asked, as he stood up and started to make his way to where she was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 01:49:44 )

Casey paused a moment.

"Ev? I .... think he's..." She paused a moment, thinking.

"I think he's on the roof, enjoying the sun." She told him honestly.

"Why doyou ask?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 02:26:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay just sighed quietly.

"Hal Sharp needs someone to come in and have a consultation with one of his agents. Seems their go-to call-in psychiatrist is unavailable, he called me to come in." he told her.

"...but you know that's not going to be a possibility." he then muttered, slumping forward a little.

"So... I figure, let's give Evan his first chance to prove that all his schooling was worth it." he continued.

"He's done well with this little paid internship he has with me. And if he can prove himself with THIS, it might open up some new doors for him." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 02:30:45 )

Casey was silent for a moment.

"That... makes sense." She commented.

"You really are swamped, and it would be a good chance for Evan to get his foot in a door." She added.

"All I can suggest, is talking to him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 02:53:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's what I plan to do." Lindsay responded.

"And the sooner the better, as this sounds like it needs to be dealt with... well, fairly quickly." he went on.

"Guess the agent in question has reached some sort of boiling point, and needs some serious help destressing and letting it all out." he went on.

"Anyway, I'm going to check the roof for him." he told her.

"See where this goes." he added with a smile.

"...I really hope this goes well, too." he then said. "I want to see Evan succeed on his own out there. He's studied so hard and made such good grades. He deserves a chance out there, to shine on his own, without living in MY shadow."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 02:54:40 )

"It's why he changed his name legally to Kiczys." Casey commented.

"He'd rather have MY shadow while he's going down a different path, than have the name confusion between you two." She added with a laugh.

"Go chat with him. I'm sure he'd be game."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 03:19:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay nodded.

"I know." he said.

"I'm just glad it's not because he feels ashamed to have the name." he told her. "I can deal with him wanting his own identity to distinguish himself from MY practice. So long as he doesn't deny his heritage." he said.

"You know he doesn't." Casey replied with a smile and a quick kiss on the lips.

"Now go on." she said.

Sure enough, Evan was game for it. And it didn't take long for him to be at the Unit. In fact, he was there the next day, at 1 in the afternoon. He was sitting in one of the smaller conference rooms, with a door that was able to be locked, so they wouldn't be disturbed. He was looking at the files he was given, and familiarising himself with them one last time before the agent showed up.

"...you've got this, Evan." he told himself.

"Just remember to be you. You're not Dad."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 03:24:32 )

He was left alone for a few minutes before there was a knock on the door as it opened fully (as it had been open a crack), and a blonde .... what looked to be a pre teen poked her head inside.

"Evan Kiczys?" She asked, ehr voice curious, and quite young... but also a bit on the rough side before checking the room label on the door.

"I think this is the right room..."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 03:43:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Evan nodded in response.

"I am, and it is." he told her.

"If you wish, lock the door when you come in, so we'll not be disturbed." he said.

As he regarded her, it struck him how... young she looked. She looked a bit rough, yes, but she looked SO young. Maybe 12? And while he had taken the last name of 'Kiczys', he was still a Fyrane. He could sense some very potent and very strange mana within her.

"You must be..." he went on, checking the file again.

"Eye-zay-ah?" he asked, saying it out phonetically. "Did I pronounce that correctly?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/1 03:46:25 )

"Just call me Izzy. Most people do." She told him as she closed the door after stepping in, locking it as he'd mentioned.

"It's easier too." She added with a shrug before making her way over to the table, sitting across from him.

"But yeah. You did. No family name or anything either."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.