Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Mythical Meetings and Demonic Dealings

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/19 00:53:55 )

Averie nodded.

"Duly noted. I think I might take a look to see what's around here. Good to know and all." She aded with a light laugh as she got to her feet.

"Thank you for this opportunity." She told him, her voice sincere.

"I very likely would have murdered my previous boss otherwise. So you saved his life, for whatever that may be worth." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/19 01:08:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah!" Sharp exclaimed.

"Yes, indeed." he said.

"If he still has his job after this, I'll tell you this much..." he told her.

"I don't know if Illias has told you this, but you're above him now." he said further. "HE reports to YOU, should you want something from that station." he informed her.

"Of course, that's assuming he retains his position for whatever reason." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/19 01:10:06 )

Averie just smirked.

"Well, part of me would love to have him retain his position for now just to see his face." She stated.

"And maybe, just maybe, show him what it's like to be under someone's thumb." She added after a moment before shrugging.

"that is good to know, however."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/19 01:39:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp just nodded and smiled.

"Indeed." he said.

"At any rate, have a good day." he told her.

"And if you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone." he went on.

"I hire good people, willing to help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/19 01:41:30 )

Averie nodded.

"Sounds good. Thanks." she said before bidding him farewell and leaving the office. Of course, she had no idea what it was that was going to happen now. Life was definitely changing for her, and it wasn't hard to guess, either.

All she knew was that there was something different about this world that she now found herself in. Sure, it was the same world she knew, but a very different aspect of the world. The question really was, what was next.

She could just take the days as they came.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 21:15:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

-----

Ash just sighed, as he let go of the frightened man's collar, dropping him to the ground.

"You'd better pray that the info you gave me is correct." he told him. "Because if I find out your information leads me to a dead-end, I will find you again, and what I will do to you will make what I just did seem like a massage." he hissed.

The man merely scrambled to his feet and ran off, panicking and yelping, until he disappeared around a corner in the distance.

Ash then shook his head, and started heading off in the direction of where the man had pointed him. He'd been walking for about 10 minutes, when he overheard a group of youths talking with each other. Normally he would ignore something like that, but he overheard a few words that caught his interest. Enough that he pieced together something about a weird person in a condemned building, and they'd likely be dead soon when the building collapsed in on itself.

"...." he was silent, before listening in more closely, trying to get some more definite information about the exact location or address of the building. When he managed to get it, he realized it was a short walk from where he was, so he made his way in its direction.

When he got to the building, he saw that it was, indeed, dilapidated and condemned, and would surely collapse very soon.

'Nobody should be living in a place like THIS...' he thought to himself, as he made his way to an open window with no glass in it, and carefully climbed through.

"Geez..." he muttered.

"More dust in here than sand in the Order's reserves." he said, as he started to mill about the place, looking for this supposed resident.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 21:48:18 )

When he looked around, he was taken aback by the sheer destruction there. It seemed like the place was ready to just cave in, and he was willing to bet that it was something that would end up being demolished by the city soon too. There was no way for him to really know for certain, but he was reasonably sure of it. If only just because he knew that the city wasn't completely horrid in that sense.

"Can barely breathe in here..." he muttered as he made his way through the building, his steps careful, delicate almost.

After just a couple of steps, he felt ... something... wash over him. It was mana, he knew that, but he couldn't place anything more. It wasn't something he could tell wasn't anything threatening... it was.. .just there.

And i twas familiar.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 22:08:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" he muttered, feeling the mana wash over him.

"...the hell...?" he asked the air.

He then looked around, before looking at the ceiling, figuring whomever owned the mana was probably up there. He made his way to a decrepit starway, and looked at the rotting wood.

"Great." he said.

He then started to carefully walk up the stairs, their structural integrity barely supporting him, and making moans and creaks and groans that caused him the cringe.

"Hello?" he then said.

"Anyone around?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 22:29:45 )

As he neared the souirce of the mana, he felt the familiarity grow. He didn't know what to make of it, but at the same time, wasn't that worried about how to handle this situation. He was sure he'd be fine, regardless, after all.

He found someone sitting in a room, the roof having caved in a bit around her, seeming to not even care. She was just sitting there, and he assumed it was a female because he could see a bit of a bust formed under the cloak she was wearing.

He couldn't deny the feelings of familiarity that were there upon seeing the tail she had though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 22:59:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............" Ash was silent as he witnessed the individual.

"...uh..." he stammered, as he stepped a bit closer.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Are.... you all right?" he asked further, as he made his way closer still.

However, he stepped on one part of the floor that gave way, and caused his foot to go through.

"AH, hell!" he exclaimed.

"Ok, seriously, this place is falling apart. Literally."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 22:59:45 )

The figure didn't say anything, but as his foot went through, and he tried to pull it out, the floor gave way more, causing him to foll through.

He never hit the floor below though.

He was being held. She'd caught his wrist as he fell, and he could see the black that was crossing her features, the red hair, and the black as midnight material she had wrapped around the upper half of her face, blinding her.

"Floor's barely holding together. Careful." She stated, her voice almost bland, lacking.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 23:09:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah... I noticed." Ash responded.

He then climbed back up to where the floor was more solid... with her help.

"Hey, listen." he said. "We need to get out of here." he told her.

"This is no place to live. It's falling apart at the seams, and odds are it'll be destroyed anytime soon... assuming it doesn't collapse on its own first." he commented.

"So let's get you outta here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 23:12:27 )

"Kay." was all she said as she got to her feet after he'd gotten onto solid ground. he couldn't really see her too well, but he could see a few details. Her hair was hard to miss, for instance, it was just a vibrant red.

She didn't say anything more though, mostly because of the fact that she didn't care to say anything. There was nothing for her to, as far as she was aware.

Which may have been considered as odd.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 23:36:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh.... right, then." Ash replied.

'That was... easy.' he thought.

It was then that they heard more creaking and groaning, and it was getting louder.

"Crap, crap!" Ash exclaimed, as he took her hand.

"I apologize in advance if this results in something negative for you." he quickly said.

With that, the two of them disappeared in a burst of black fire, just as the room started to collapse in on itself. Maybe not the building, itself, but the room was.

They then appeared on the roof of a nearby office building, and Ash sighed.

"Whew." he muttered.

"You okay?" he asked the female.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 23:38:12 )

"I'm fine." was her answer.

"Are you?" She asked after a moment, her voice almost concerned. There was something to her voice that he couldn't place. It wasn't something that was easily idenitfiable, or even something that could be picked up on too easily.

But at least she sounded more normal with that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 23:52:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Ash asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." he told her.

"...all right, I have to ask you something." he then said out of nowhere.

"I... who are you?" he asked. "Have we met before?" he asked her further.

"You seem... very familiar to me." he commented.

"But I can't put my finger on it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/28 23:54:59 )

"I..." She apused a moment, seeming to have to try and think about the answer to that.

"Hazel....?" She asked, almost sounding like she wasn't sure. No one had really called her that in so long, not since she had been removed from the home she'd grown up in at the age of fifteen.

There were very few instances she could remember that she had been called by her name, and even then, she wasn't sure Hazel was her name. What she knew was that she did have a memory of it, of some sort. So it was the best she had.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/29 00:12:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hazel?" Ash asked.

"Hmmmm..." he mumbled, as he started to think.

"That DOES sound... vaguely familiar." he said.

"Come on, think! THINK, Ash!" he told himself, poking his own forehead and closing his eyes.

"You're not as smart as Lindsay, but this is on the tip of your brain! Think!" he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/29 00:14:15 )

She cocked her head to the side before pausing.

"Lindsay...? Ash.....ley...?" She asked.

".... Mistress' Fire boys." She stated, her tone... almost flat.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/29 00:41:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash froze up completely when she said that.

"....Mistress..." he muttered.

"You're... you from Vanessa's lab." he said.

"And I'm not HER fire boy. Neither is Lindsay." he told her.

"We're free of her. We're our own people. Persons. Whatever." he went on.

"...you should be, as well." he then said further.

"What with Vanessa being gone and all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.