Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Other Con Goers Question

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 18:04:04 )

What is the best instant foods that do not require a microwave? Some stuff has come up and my food budget is gonna be kinda low, so I'm looking for things I can buy ahead of time instead like eating out when I'm there.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 18:14:56 )
@Another Movie Addict: I find that sandwhiches made prior to leaving is the best, wrap them in aluminum foil so they stay fresh. :vanora_smile: Its a hearty meal and keeps ya going for awhile. If you add fresh veggies it is also one of the healthiest choices!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 18:17:45 )

@Saeyra: I was planning to take bread, peanut butter, and small thing of jelly with me. Don't wanna trust lunch meat on that long of a car ride in Florida's hottest time of year.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:07:52 )
@Another Movie Addict: How about fried chicken sandwhiches? Those are tasty too :)

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:16:46 )

@Another Movie Addict: I was go with PB&J. It’s much healthier than other foods that cheap. If you did have hot water, you could bring cup ramen. Just make sure that if you do that you have plenty of water.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:18:18 )

@Saeyra: Might be able to do that.

@Totalanimefan: The hotel room does have a coffee maker, so I have access to hot water just not a microwave. I was thinking cup ramen and instant oatmeal.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:31:50 )

@Another Movie Addict: I love having oatmeal in the mornings. It’s a great breakfast.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/20 22:34:59 )

@Totalanimefan: I used to hate oatmeal, all of a sudden I seem to like it.

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 02:37:25 )

@Another Movie Addict: Well that is good. Just try to watch for how much sugar you are having. Although with all the walking you are going to burn it off anyway.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 02:44:49 )

I usually bring those meal replacement bars; they're filling and usually pretty reasonably priced depending on the brand. Otherwise yeah, PB&J :vanora_xd:

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 04:20:18 )

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I've heard the convention hall is pretty big so lots of walking.

@Sulley: What brands do you recommend?

Donator — Monster Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/21 04:28:13 )

@Another Movie Addict:
If cost, taste, and level of fullness are most important, Atkins makes the best. I hear cliff bars are really good but I've never tried them.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/22 03:34:42 )
Get a cooler. A small one you can carry will do. Throw all your cold stuff in it and get a couple ice packs(or a couple ziplocs full of ice that you can refill as needed with the hotel's ice machine).

Granola/Nutrigrain bars. Packs of crackers. Nuts.(if you can, get the P3 packs with peanuts, sunflower kernels, and jerky -- great source of protein!) Little tins of vienna sausages are okay, too. Just make sure you have a plastic fork or something.

If you have a 7-11 rewards card, and a boatload of points banked, USE THEM. My card basically got me lunch all three days of Anime Mid-Atlantic, and dinner on Saturday night(hot dog, chips, and 20 oz. Dew).

That's all I can think of for right now.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 16:16:07 )

I was thinking about getting a cooler to take with, like a small one. Put lunch meats in it for sandwiches if I get sick of peanut butter and jelly.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 17:12:55 )
@Another Movie Addict: do it, it's worth it

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 05:10:35 )

I'd bring beef jerky for the protein.
maybe cereal to munch on as a snack, some cereal can be pretty good without milk.
(Avatar Closet)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 16:50:30 )
That's the beauty of con snacking -- if you can fit it in a bag, you're pretty much good to go.

See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/27 19:37:31 )
@another movie addict: take a cooler in the car, buy a bunch of uncrustables. Freeze them. Enjoy all day.

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.