Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach Frizz's Sandcastle Contest

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 19:31:10 )

You're relaxing with Violet when you notice a figure dart through the crowds of people having fun at the beach. You think it's familiar, but it's too fast for you to gauge. Maybe it was just your eyes playing tricks on you?

"Pst, hey," you hear a whisper and turn to see Frizz crouched down behind the umbrella acting like she's perfectly hidden. She has a hand cupped over her mouth as if practicing a secret way to communicate.

"Oh, hello Frizz!" Violet greets her with a smile, but the Guardian puts a finger up to her own lips and makes a 'shh' sound. Violet blinks but nods and lowers her voice, "We're being secret! I see." She excitedly leans her head closer to the Guardian, "Commander Sheepig! Our mission briefing, if you would. Watery supposed to be watching?"

Frizz grins at the eagerness while you fall to the sand in exasperation. "Quick to get it! Well, look over there," she points and you see Virgil and Vreg constructing a massive, yet unorthodox palace of sand and other questionable materials. "It's... well, it's amazing, isn't it?"

"Yes, my brother does seem to be enjoying himself! This is cause for shellebration!"

Frizz giggles but you inwardly groan at the pun. "I can get behind that for sure, but I dunno. They don't have any competition and like, building a sandcastle should be the one thing anyone does when they go to the beach, right?!"

Violet shuts her book with a glint in her eye. "Valid point, Commander. What do you propose?"

"Mm, glad you asked," the Guardian winked. "I have the blueprints right here for their demise! I mean... their increased enjoyment, heheh."

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 19:31:19 )
SUMMARY

Vreg and Virgil may be sandcastle architects, but Frizz the Mischievous thinks all they need is a little competition.
Use the base design she's drawn up to build a great sandcastle and give those boys a run for their money!
Violet may or may not meddle in this one.

MECHANICS

A base sandcastle will be provided below in a variety of formats, with a choice of digital or print friendly
Color and decorate the base in whatever manner you wish in the media of your choice
Examples: Pencil Crayon, Digital Paint, Photo Collage, Mixed Media, etc.
Embrace your creativity because anything is allowed so long as you utilize the base
Maximum of 1 submission

PRIZE

375 Seashells!
1st Place

250 Seashells!
2nd Place

175 Seashells!
3rd Place

All other participants who submit a sandcastle will receive 100 seashells

Npc — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/6 19:31:26 )
SANDCASTLE BASE
There are two styles of base for you to choose from: decorated and undecorated. The decorated version comes with decorations such a flags, doors, windows, etc already on the castle. The undecorated removes those features to allow you to add your own... It's your choice which you'd like to use!

ENTRIES
Can't wait to see what you have in store!

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 20:54:15 )

" Here's my entry!
"

Voltie — HIM Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 21:30:30 )
Here is my participation entry. I added a little fruity drink. Credit to SnakeWeaver for the pixel art base of the drink bottle.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 21:48:15 )
Hm... Hmm.
@Frizz: Are we able to make minute tweaks to the base line art? Like nothing major. Just small ones to add a little more flare to it. (asking before I actually do anything,)

Edit: added "line art" hopefully to make my question a little clearer. ^ ^;

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 21:52:32 )

Wooo my castle.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 22:27:30 )

Cute entries so far! ^^

|

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 22:42:55 )
Till when does this particular activity last? ;o;
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/23 22:49:21 )
@Siron: All forum activities end two weeks from today, Saturday, July 7th. You can find out more info in the FAQ and Hangout. :vanora_smile:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 00:15:37 )
Awww. Your entries are cute!
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:05:00 )
Oh My Gosh This Seams Like So Much Fun! Im Shore Everyones Gonna Enjoy This Fintastic Event~!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:21:06 )
I need to get in on this coloring action for sure

@Godawful: killing me with that wordplay

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:27:32 )
@Taemins Lover: Dont You Mean... Krilling You With That Word Play? Heuheuheu
Im All Aboat Word Play. I Cant In Good Conchience Just Ignore The Opportunity!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:29:28 )
@Godawful: *dies even in death* God what a witty person you are

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:31:44 )
@Taemins Lover: Hehehe, What Can I Say? I Cant Kelp Myself.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:32:56 )
@Godawful: *cries* I bet you enjoy Violet

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:40:50 )
@Taemins Lover: Oh Buoy I Shore Do.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:43:33 )
@Godawful: You know, that's good fshgdfkhjgsdhjfs

:smirk:

Hey God, wanna take a Shellfie *wink wonk*

That made me cringe at myself so hard

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/06/24 03:47:29 )
@Taemins Lover: Oh My Cod That Was Fintastic. I Cant Bereef I Didnt Think Of That

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.