Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Re-colors

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 04:45:33 )
I personally don't like having recolors. It takes away the uniqueness and rarity of an item. Not only that, but people have to quest for a version 2. I don't mind if the re color is being added to the original items, I just don't like seeing more items of the same item.

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 04:55:48 )
I agree.

Recolors make it so items aren't unique anymore. Ernya had spells that recolored an item which were cool cause there wasn't like 20 items if a monthly collectible that was a different color (looking at you Gaiaonline) but even then I think just having an item be its unique self is great. If an item was meant to be in all colors why not just make it that way? lol

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 04:57:09 )
@Panda: My plan for recolors are that they will not replace a Crate items original color permanently. The re-color system is still to be designed, but the plan is that you can attached and detach recolors as you please. This way you do not lose the "original" crate item and/or the recolor. I've explained this somewhere else too where recolors were requested for CIs. ^_^

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:08:16 )
@Fozzy: Okay so that does sound a lot like spells from Ernya. Cool :D

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:09:08 )
@Kawaii Slowpoke: I thought spells permanently recolored the item (until you apply another) and you lost the spell once you used it?
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:12:24 )
@Fozzy: Nope! The spell was detachable and attachable and never went away :)

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:14:15 )
Unless I'm crazy and my brain is failing me lol

Donator — pancake Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:20:38 )
They weren't permanent. You could remove them from one item and use it on the next. It never disappeared from your inventory.
However you are current in that it was only available for one item. I think it would be best to keep up the two poses per item thing and make them attach to two items at once. Though that sounds like a headache and a half for Baz.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:22:11 )
I don't think that sort of complication is really that necessary. You can still wear two poses of the recolored item lol
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — Pokemon Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 05:32:32 )
Its much easier for it to be one recolor for one item.
One recolor for two items seems complicated.

art by: blinkini (idk why i never put this here 3 years ago)

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 07:01:47 )
Woohoo, this is awesome! :D

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/29 13:34:34 )
@Fozzy: Ah, so similar to Ernya's spell system? :D Cool! I'd like that very much.

sell me rigs please♥

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.