Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops [R] Memento Mori [open]

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:17:11 )

Noun. /məˌmɛntəʊ ˈmɔːri/. An object kept as a reminder of the inevitability of death, such as a skull.

(I'm still in the process of setting up this thread with more references and graphics, but Voltra comes first so until then, this is what we're working with.)

Hello! I'm the kind of guy who gets really attached to his OCs so having art of them would make my day. I'm open to all mediums and styles of art, so don't be afraid to approach me.

♦ Will offer volts, crates, and art trades. Just name your price. (I am, of course, also open to freebies c;)
♦ Trading isn't open yet so until it is, I'll show you proof I have your payment ready.
♦ No forms, just show me what you got and we'll make a deal huh?
♦ I'm okay with you making alterations to my characters, outfits for instance, just check in with me if you're unsure.
♦ I'm always happy to talk about my ocs so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
♦ Couple/Group art makes me the happiest of all, hint hint
♦ Some of my references contain foul language and some of the songs on my playlists are a little NSFW, as a warning. If you're not comfortable with that but are still interests, ask me and I'll send you clean versions.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:17:23 )
Spotlight

By lazymarshmallow

Received Art
My Avatar: [Mica][Moossey]
Milo: [Noctis][Moossey][Rabbitafy][Apollo Im Burning][Apollo Im Burning][lazymarshmallow]
Sam: [Mica]
James: [Nyx]
James/Kane: [Dowan]
Wolfe: [Lina] [Mica][variant by Saeyra]
Red: [Bean]
Newt: [Okios]

Art Trades in Progress
♦ Cedes [Sketched]
♦ Moossey
♦ Mica
♦ Apollo Im Burning
♦ Concentricity
♦ GaySpaceTrash

Art Trades Complete
[Mica]
[bean]

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:17:31 )
1. The Brothers
"Raised by Hollywood, burdened by the dead. A young man reaches into the afterlife to find fame life would never give him,
as the other tries only to keep him safe."

Playlist

Milo Malic
References: [one] [two] [three] [four]
Height: 5'3"
Build: Slim
Features: Fluffy hair, prominent bottom lashes
Personality: A smug and egotistical asshole who's trying to compensate for an inferiority complex. Always wants to be the centre of attention. He thinks he's smarter than he actually is and isn't afraid to flaunt it. Has a low patience and is easily swayed between moods. He's a deeply lonely person.

Sam Malic
References: [one] [two] [three]
Height: 6'
Build: Toned
Features: Piercing over left eyebrow, piercings along ears, freckles everywhere, gentle eyes, prominent bottom lashes
Personality: Really laid back and calm. He cares a lot about other people and other creatures. He has strong personal morals but he doesn't try to push them onto others, instead he just wants to live peacefully. Very patient but knows when to put his foot down.

Relationship: They're brothers only. Sam takes on a lot as the older brother, trying his best to make sure Milo doesn't do anything too stupid, even as adults. Despite this he still gets himself roped into a lot of Milo's stupid ideas. Milo takes his brother's patience for granted, but he cares a lot about him too and knows he'd be pretty lost without his support.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:17:55 )
2. The Hired
"Was it a snake oil salesman's charm or the promise of fame that brought you here? Whatever your temptation, you made a bad choice taking this job..."
Franz playlist

Franz Heinrich
References: [one]
Height: 5'9"
Build: Slim
Features: Almost always smiling, gentle eyes
Personality: A soft boy with a gentle heart. He's working as the sound technician but his passion is music. Came from a family of musicians and from a young age learned to play a variety of instruments as well as sing (his favourites are piano and guitar). Very patient and always there to be the shoulder to lean on. He's his most handsome when he plays music.

Charlotte Field
References: [one]
Height: 5'11"
Build: Willowy
Features: Cleft chin, rarely smiles (unless she's being sarcastic), chain smokes
Personality: Constantly tired and done. She has little faith in other people and hides behind a wall of sarcasm and dry wit to protect herself. Dead without coffee. Despite this, she can always find beauty in any scene through her camera. The most competent in the crew and a better leader than Milo, which she's not afraid to let him know. (of course he's not convinced)

Henrietta "Henri" Herrera
References: [one] [two]
Height: 5'8"
Build: Stocky, soft but strong
Features: Beauty mark under left eye, piercings under lip, on ears, and on bully button, tattoos (roses on left arm, moon phases on collar, owl on chest)
Personality: Confident, flirty, and charismatic. She's kind of a goofball and the 'big sister' type. She plays rough but she has a lot of love in her heart. Always out to find adventure and have a fun time, and is very much 'act first, think later'. She's a jack of all trades type, lighting, stage hand, even manages to get onto camera sometimes.

Relationships: Charlotte and Franz have a youtube channel together and are relatively popular. They're best friends and have been for a long time, they make a weird duo but they compliment each other well. Charlotte finds a lot of inspiration in Franz and sees him as a muse of sorts, she loves photographing him and recording him when he's playing music. Franz used to be embarrassed about it but now he's chill. They have a pretty deep bond but it's platonic.

Henri's new to the two of them so they're still getting to know each other, but she does like flirting with Charlotte who will give different responses depending on her mood that day. it rarely bothers her though, she likes Henri and they get along. Franz is the target of teasing more and while he usually just laughs it off, she makes a point of trying to crack his calm exterior for fun. It's not easy...

Henri and Milo hit it off pretty much immediately and they're best friends. They have that kind of love/hate friendship where they're constantly making fun of and getting revenge on each other. Even though she's the first to tease him, she's protective of him and also tries to wingman him every chance she gets. (good luck...)

Milo and Franz were mutual fans of each other's work before they officially met up, and that's how they end up working together. Since Franz and Charlotte are a package deal she came along but her and Milo are constantly butting heads over leadership. That being said, they also mutually respect each others work and Charlotte's hoping to one day shoot a real film with him.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:18:11 )
3. The Lovers
playlist
"Opposites brought together and turned inseparable. One pursues knowledge, the other strength. Is this a perfect balance, or merely a ticking clock?"

James
Height: 5'7"
Build: Slender, almost frail
Features: Pale skin, pointed ears, sharp teeth, red eyes
Personality: James is very polite and gentle, he was raised
to be very proper, well mannered, and has a high education. That being said, he's also very mischievous and playful, one of his favourite things to do is tease others, especially Kane. Loves reading, animals, and fruit. Hates real conflict and will go out of his way to diffuse tense situations.

Kane
References: [one] [two] [three...]
Height: 6'1"
Build: uh, BEEF
Features: Earring in his left ear, never smiles, pointy ears, sharp teeth (more pronounced than James'), black eyes
Personality: 95% of the time the only emotion he shows is 'angry'. He's a very aggressive man with zero patience and is always ready for a fight. In fact, he goes looking for it. He lives for it. However he will calm down around James. Also has a softness for chocolate. Has sensitive ears and HATES having them tugged.

Relationship: These two are ridiculous. They're both madly in love but show it in very different ways. James' is both very affectionate and very physical, taking every opportunity he can to appreciate Kane (especially his muscles which he's.. very shameless about). His favourite thing in the world is to tease Kane and get big reactions out of him, he thinks its the funniest thing in the world to get him angry and flustered.

Kane's really stubborn and grumpy but he softens up around James more than anyone else. He's very protective and a really jealous type, and doesn't do well to hide it. James always keeps him in check however, either calming him down or scolding him into submission. Also he's a cuddler, but don't tell anyone.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:18:42 )
4. The Unforgiving
"A blood splattered apartment, bereavement replaced by revenge. Who is guilty, who is merely a pawn? Who is there to trust when all carry secrets in their hearts?"
Playlist

Red
References: [one] [two] [three] [four] [five]
Height: 5'
Build: Pear shaped
Features: Usually bandaged up, rarely smiles, always wearing red
Personality: Silent and antisocial. She's a street punk who's not afraid to get her hands dirty in a fight. Loves baseball, loves hitting people over the head with her bat more. She doesn't get along well with others, but she is known to be shy around cute girls.

Hunter
Height: 6'
Build: Burly
Features: because of the story? he's beat up. black eye, broken nose, etc. has a cleft chin and is fairly hairy.
Personality: He's an ex-cop and current bouncer, so he's a very vigilant man. Despite having a low patience, he does care a lot about protecting others and doing the right thing. That being said, he holds a grudge like nobody else. You cross him once, you're on his list forever.

B.B. Wolfe
References: [one] [two] [three]
Height: 6'3"
Build: Lanky
Features: Scars over his left eyebrow, scars on his neck, piercing in left ear, hair tufts that mimic ears, premature grey streaks, piercing eyes, always has a sleazy grin
Personality: He's scum, plain and simple. He tries to be charming and is extremely flirtatious, but you can feel the sleaze roll off him. He's not evil, he's just not a good guy either. Manipulative, conniving, and opportunistic. Always looking for a quick buck and a quick lay.

Relationships: Hunter and Wolfe have a lot of tension, they clearly have some kind of past... Hunter hates Wolfe a lot, Wolfe likes to hit on him to piss him off more. They're always close to killing each other. Red keeps as removed from the situation as she can with everyone, the closest she is to 'trusting' anyone is Hunter because he's not a threat. She hates Wolfe too, and hasn't killed him because she needs him. he also flirts with her to try to get a reaction... Doesn't work she just doesn't take it.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:19:11 )
5. The Heretic
"Cursed from birth, exiled from home. There is no song loud enough to drown out the memories of the past. He is now free to embrace his long denied gift, but there is always a price for power."
Playlist

Kristophe "Newt" Aleksandrovich Tredyakovsky
References: [one] [two] [three] [four]
Height: 5'9"
Build: A little under average
Features: Scars all over his body, piercings: tongue, lip, ear plugs, dyes his hair, bright green eyes with rings around pupils, tattoo on his neck
Personality: Incredibly friendly and always looking to have a good time. He tries really hard to be optimistic but had a traumatising past that's left him shaken and neurotic. Extremely intelligent, genius level, and has an obsession with technology and robotics (which he has powers for too). Loves to party, struggles to sleep at night, always doing something with his hands. Also he has horrible fashion sense and loves bright colours before coordination.

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:19:20 )
Reserved

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 17:19:32 )
Reserved

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 01:15:56 )
Open... Sorry it looks like a mess right now. (That header is going to be animated when I get the time and I want preview chibis for all of them!)

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 01:34:01 )
Hooray this is open! I want to do an art trade with you. Do you draw animals? I want you to draw a full body of the moose (in my sig) :vanora_sun:

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 03:20:30 )
@Moossey: Nice! And yeah I can do animals c': Do you want it as a drawing or a continuation of the vector?

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 03:48:28 )
@ghost: Hm sure, a continuation of the vector would be cool. :vanora_xd: Maybe you can make his body like Moossey (the stuffed moose I posted a pic of in discord) Or whatever idea you have will be fine.
Do you want a chibi or normal anime style? I can do chibi like the Voltra monthly set art style or Voltra NPC anime art style. And want to give an NPC for me to draw or do you want me to choose?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 03:59:40 )
@moossey: okay yeah that would be fun! I'll get on that later c';

Hm.. I think chibi art would be a good trade c: They're really cute.. And you have free reign to pick anyone you want c; but I'll choose one if you don't want to.

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 04:16:09 )
@ghost: I think I want to draw Milo. I've seen him a few times and he's a cutie. I think he'd look great as a cheeb. :vanora_heart:
Okay take your time. There's no rush for me to get my art. Do you want me to send you more pictures of Moossey?

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 08:15:56 )
@moossey: Ahh really?! Nobody ever picks Milo I'm so excited! I really look forward to seeing it! c':

I'll probably get started on it right after launch c; and yes please!

Voltie — moo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 09:14:00 )
@ghost: Yes really he caught my eye for some reason! Maybe it was his blue eyes with dark hair and bottom lashes. lol Who do people usually pick? I sent the Moossey pics to you on disco for reference. You have artistic freedom, he can just be your inspiration.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 19:30:53 )
*smells duh shiny new thread smell*
Is it just me or are the reference links...broken? o_o I viewed it on both google chrome and firefox. But the code looks right so I'm extra confused!

Voltie — he/him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 21:29:20 )
@moossey: That makes me really happy, I was proud of his design c': Thank you... And people usually pick Red, she's really popular! Newt sometimes gets picked too, since he's so colourful and a nice boy.

And I got them! Awesome, I'm excited to work on it. c':

@mica: Welcome to my thread! But yeah the links just broke :vanora_sweat: I let Baz know about it but I'm sure he has a lot on his list to worry about
later.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/31 22:08:59 )
:vanora_heart: Yeah! I mean it's not a big deal. I just wondered if something on my side broke. 'Tis good to be here while I decide who to draw.
Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.