Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature Fanfiction

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 07:12:37 )
Hey, guys! Let's talk about my other favorite thing--do you guys read fanfiction? If so, what are your fandoms? Do you have any not-rated-X fanfictions you'd like to recommend or share? Where do you tend to read? What do you tend to look for, and what are your favorite tropes?

Donator — nyan? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 13:29:31 )
@Slytherclaw: Oh gosh, I haven't read fanfiction in yeaaaars. My sister does, though. She's been reading it for as long as I can remember, she reads it everyday almost allday. xD; She likes the X-rated stuff, however.

sell me rigs please♥

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 14:02:46 )
I like to read fanfiction at times, though I usually have a specific idea of what kind of theme I want to read inside my head (usually one where the main character turns down a dark road, mwehehehe). I've read quite a lot of fandoms, though I think it'll take a while to list them all XD

All I can remember rally say right now is that I've had a want to read realistic dark Harry fanfiction for a while - like when Harry goes evil/dark and/or joins Voldemort or something... Though I don't like the fics that make it too drastic or sudden :vanora_cry:
I like the ones that creep up on you slowly
Oh my gosh, but that does remind of this one Dark Harry fanfiction I read once... I went there for dark Harry fanfiction. I didn't expect my heart to be torn apart like that :vanora_cry:
I usually relish them, but that one fic... my heart broke :vanora_cry:
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/27 20:54:49 )
Haha, those are the best kinds of fanfictions, though!
I read a lot of fanfiction sort of perpetually, so I'm in a lot of fandoms and tropes.
Time travel bullshit is always the best.
It's weird to see how different fandoms can be, though.
The Worm fandom writes some legit fucking fanfiction, and is always super critical of itself and pretty good quality, probably because it's posted on forums that give a lot of feedback.
Then there's undertale and harry potter >>

Voltie — He/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 09:17:20 )
I never read fanfiction, but I am constantly writing it! This thread is very interesting as an author :D

When it comes to writing I love to write loooong stories, usually 10k words or more. I love epic adventures, usually as AUs, while throwing in a bit of romance for my favorite ships. I also love to add twists that I build up to throughout the story.

Also, as a rule I complete each fic before I start uploading it. I want to make sure the updates are consistent and the stories are constantly changing.

Edit: I forgot to add that my favorite thing to do in every fic is make my favorite character suffer
Gender Fluid (He/they) | Asexual | Married | Jewish
❤Elithiya~!❤
Art Shop

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/08/28 09:50:15 )
Fanfiction is life. Lol.
The best fanfic I ever read was a Legend of Zelda OOT sort of retelling and man, it was probably the best thing I've read ever. Was well over 100k in length- I prefer the super long ones but only if they aren't all about filler crap. I can't remember the name of it, but I've been trying to locate it again for years. D:
I read mostly from the fanfiction.net site, or from dedicated LOZ fansites. I typically read a lot of game or anime related fics.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 10:42:57 )
@Slytherclaw: well I write my own Harry Potter fanfics? They're normally really short dabbles, but they're mine and I love them :vanora_heart:
No smut or anything!
Please ping me!

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 10:51:21 )
I write my own fanfics.
Mostly attack on titan.
working on another which is ATLA/LOK which i am so excited to write.
Not really that into reading fanfics. I more enjoy writing them.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 01:49:41 )
@Slytherclaw: I usually read Harry Potter or Naruto Crossovers. however there is one fanfiction that i love so much and its an original work(not a crossover) and its called Make a Wish by Rorschachs Blot. you should go check it out

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:22:08 )
@DeimosPoe24: original? So it's not FanFiction?
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:25:00 )
I'm obsessed with Sterek (Stiles/Derek from Teen Wolf) fics on ao3. :vanora_heart:

Voltie — She/They Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:29:58 )
@Slytherclaw: Its a fanfic as in it features all the characters from the books but it isnt a crossover sorry my bad

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 04:27:05 )
I tend to read fanfiction on AO3 for the most part, because I like how the site is set up and it's easy to find what you want due to the tagging system. Plus, there are a lot of really talented writers on that site. I've mostly read LotR and Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock fics on there. But I'll probably check out some of my other fandoms at some point as well.

I also have a lot of fanfics I'm writing currently too.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:13:17 )
I used to be those snobs that don't like fanfiction, only REAL BOOKS, and now I'm super addicted to a Madam Secretary fanfic, OF ALL THINGS xDDD
I did read some HP fanfic and of course who can forget the My Immortal one?? Now that we know who wrote it??

Donator — She Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 07:27:34 )
I don't read alot of fanfiction anymore... haaah but when I did...my guilty pleasure has always been reader-inserts. I like the idea of being a part of the story, or just creating a character that could fit. Otherwise I am always a huge fan of badly written fanfics...my favourite is Heavenly High. It's ..it's a religion/mythology highschool AU. It's really funny and makes me laugh every time. I write some reader-inserts too...err mostly I keep them to myself, but I have a few up on AO3...Mainly I'm writing for Mystic Messenger...cause I love the characters *u*

Check Out My Art Shop

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/16 13:18:59 )

[x]

pls don't

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/15 12:41:37 )
I used to read a lot of fanfiction about 20 years ago, but the only one I read on any sort of regular basis these days is Undocumented Features(which is still ongoing!).
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.