Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So, that happened...

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 00:44:26 )
Picture this: I'm working the breakfast shift and some guy goes to sit in the bar area of the restaurant. (I'm like, okay, it's 9 am but whatevs I don't judge). He seemed like a fairly well-to-do man, middle aged, clean, etc. and Red ends up taking care of him. He says he has some "business to take care of" and that's why he chose the quiet solace of the bar.

Nope.

Red went in there to bring him his food and caught him looking at pr0ns on his phone.
His back was to her, and towards the door to the bar, so... there's no way he didn't realise that people could see exactly what he was looking at. Unless he was really, really dense, idk.

Why? .__. Just, why?

Other random things that happened today:
Lady comes in, says "idk how many there are going to be, probably 8, 10? idk" (just love hearing that) and waits for about 20 minutes before deciding the others aren't coming and ordering some breakfast.
Shortly after she leaves, a few ladies meander in looking for her. xD Whoops.

Clock strikes noon, and some people come in for a meeting. Boss never warned me about a big party so I'm like, "pleh" but it's money. They trickled in over the course of two hours and were still there when I left at 3pm. c:

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 05:48:57 )
@Vii: Dude, exhibitionists exist and that guy was probably one. I hope you threw him out after that. I totally would have. Customer service would go straight out the window.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/8 21:49:01 )
@Sasha: Very true, and that thought had crossed my mind. However after he was "caught" he didn't actually do anything else [pervy] so we had no reason to throw him out. If something like that were to happen though, Red would have no problems putting the kabosh on it then and there!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 15:35:03 )
@Vii: That's gross. Maybe that person wanted to get caught tho.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 17:19:56 )
@nyreen: Quite plausible, and we'll all definitely be wary if he ever comes in again. Sadly, not the craziest thing to happen at my job. xD

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 18:05:01 )
@Vii: I don't doubt that. I feel like there's a story to hear!
call me grem
they/them

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 19:02:03 )
@nyreen: Alas, I wasn't actually working there yet to 'witness' it, but apparently there was a...lady of the evening who was trying to pick up clients out of our bar, and succeeded a handful of times. As soon as my boss heard about it he lost his shit. xD
Oh, yeah, and a woman stood idly by while her mother was choking to death on a piece of meat. The lady survived thanks to Red (she's awesome) and the paramedics who eventually arrived, but the daughter never did anything or expressed her gratitude which I found kind of... weird. like, what, lady, did you want your mom to die? You see some things working in food or retail. Crazy stuff happens everywhere, but people are always at their weirdest in those areas. xD

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 20:40:41 )
@vii: damn so you didn't get any of the tip from that big party? ;___;

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 20:56:19 )
@Luffer Nutter: Oh, I did! The hostess/boss's wife has a "cash box" up front where we'll put the tips from a table like that. Most places have some kind of similar system, and most servers are cool about picking up your table when you've been there all day and want to skedaddle. xD Thank god, because I often end up getting customers 15 minutes before the end of my shift LOL

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 21:04:45 )
@vii: that's good then! my night job is a serving job but my restaurant works a little differently. In that situation I could have transferred it to the night server but they would get all the tip from it. If I wanted the tip I would have to finish them >.<

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/9 21:50:19 )

Oh good lord.

Donator — pancake Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/10 12:20:26 )
Well if that isn't quite an interesting day...
=/
I work at Walmart and we once had an old guy return a DVD player. He was having some sort of issue with it, I don't remember. So after he leaves we plug it in to see if it still works, so we could put it back on the shelf... Much to my poor, uber christian coworkers surprise, there's some busty lady prons inside. The man comes back and asks for his movie back. It was quite awkward having to be the one that gave it back to him. :vanora_sweat:

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.