Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Woah, that just happened!

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:22:18 )
I went to a concert to photograph a local band tonight. Before taking photos I bumped into a friend who introduced me to her friend. Her friend had worked with a local media company, we talked for a bit then I went off to take photos. After the show as I was leaving I got introduced to another person who works for the media company by the lady I had just met. I talked to them for a bit and suddenly they were talking about getting me press passes, getting into concerts for free, they took my email and I added them on Facebook and they'll be adding me to a Facebook group for photographers for the company.

I'm. Shitting. My. Pants.

I have no idea how this happened????? All I did was go out to photograph a local band and now I'm suddenly becoming a photographer for a local media company? They're also amazing and I follow them on Facebook. They're left-wing, into activism, music, etc so this is for sure a company that I want to work for. I've only ever heard good things about them!

I'm still in disbelief. >>;;

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:24:38 )
That's neat, congrats! :D

Ping me!

Hangout

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:24:50 )

@nyreen: Woah that's amazing! You got so lucky ouo congratulations! I wish i could get into concerts for free haha

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:26:04 )
That's awesome, I'm glad this opportunity has presented itself to you! Sometimes the universe just works nicely that way c: good luck!

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:28:47 )
@Shark: Thank you!

@RainbowPanda: Thank you! I feel crazy lucky right now. ; A;

@Vii: Thank you! I never thought this would actually happen!!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:30:18 )

Woah!! Congrats!! That is super exciting and sounds like such a great opportunity! I'm very happy for you!!

|

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:31:28 )
nyreen:
I went to a concert to photograph a local band tonight. Before taking photos I bumped into a friend who introduced me to her friend. Her friend had worked with a local media company, we talked for a bit then I went off to take photos. After the show as I was leaving I got introduced to another person who works for the media company by the lady I had just met. I talked to them for a bit and suddenly they were talking about getting me press passes, getting into concerts for free, they took my email and I added them on Facebook and they'll be adding me to a Facebook group for photographers for the company.

I'm. Shitting. My. Pants.

I have no idea how this happened????? All I did was go out to photograph a local band and now I'm suddenly becoming a photographer for a local media company? They're also amazing and I follow them on Facebook. They're left-wing, into activism, music, etc so this is for sure a company that I want to work for. I've only ever heard good things about them!

I'm still in disbelief. >>;;

@nyreen: That's great! Congratulations on your very good luck and I wish you more good luck in future. :)

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:31:35 )
@Miss Kitty: Thank you!!! I actually cried a little on the bus ride home lmao

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:31:48 )
@Emmett Khan: Thank you so much!!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:31:59 )

@nyreen: I wish I was that lucky! Ouo

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:32:40 )

That is super awesome! Congrats, nyreen!

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:34:14 )
@nyreen: You're welcome. :)
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:35:18 )
@RainbowPanda: I actually almost didn't make it on time to the show. I showed up 10 min before they went on and if my friend hadn't been there hosting a panel for the company before the show she never would have introduced me to the person who then introduced me to that person. I'm just like... It was so close to not happening lmao.

@dragoness129: Thank you so much!

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 06:50:17 )

@nyreen: wow, its amazing how things end up working out

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 08:15:17 )
@RainbowPanda: Yeah. * A* I'm still in shock tho.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 08:42:55 )
That's awesome~! Congrats!

Art Dump | Art Shop | Toyhou.se

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 10:06:46 )
@nyreen: that's pretty spectacular. I have a friend who photographs shows and as far as I know nothing like thins has happened for him. Way to take charge!
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 12:17:07 )
Whoo! That is beyond awesome! Good job, girl! You deserve this chance.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 12:54:09 )
@nyreen: Thats pretty awesome! Luck of the Irish as they say.

Always ping me please.

Donator — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 18:09:43 )
@KayBit: Thank you!!

@Glume: That's why I'm do like... in disbelief. It was all in a matter if moments that I suddenly had this opportunity thrown into my lap.

@Kozi: Thank you!!

@Saeyra: Thank you and yeah, it was all luck. I almost didn't go out tonight!
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.