Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It was 2 years ago?!?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 14:46:12 )

Two years ago I made this thing! It was 40 frames at a rate of 8FPS. Like holy hell! :vanora_xd:

One thing is for sure, I've gotten better. ^^;; My shading and detail is much better than it used to be. Plus I haven't used that base in a long time, even though I made it. Been wanting to redo that base but haven't been up to it. XD

But still! Two freakin' years? I feel old, lol.

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 15:30:59 )
@queen prisma: Wow! Two years is a while! XD
Reminds me of when I first started coding profiles or doing art! XD

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 16:34:56 )
@Queen Prisma: I love going through old galleries and finding old things like that! I have a Photobucket gallery from 2006/2007 that I recently cracked open like a vault. It's always a sobering moment to remember that at one point, that was the pinnacle of your skill, and now you're come so much farther... It's always a nice reminder of how our skill is constantly evolving, and how no time spent sketching is wasted. c:

Also, welcome to the feeling-old club. xD

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 18:05:24 )
I recently found an old sketchbook from 2011 when I was taking an art class. My sketches are TERRIBLE compared to what I"m doing now, so that's nice to see. I have an old crappy self portrait and a better new one I did just a few months ago that I keep meaning to photograph side by side.
previously keef with a k

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 20:55:26 )

@Len: I know, right? Makes me pretty happy too.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Yeah, it is pretty fun. :)

@Vii: Yes, I agree with you on that. Oh man, lagbucket. xD I remember when that used to be the most recommended photo sharing site, now its just crap. Dx I really don't remember any of my old Photobucket log in, so I can't check for old art. xD

@keef: You should do it. :)

Voltie — Vampire Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/4 21:11:44 )
@queen prisma: I bet it does! :)
My Profile Shoppe! Come Check it Out!

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:21:39 )
@Queen Prisma: LOL lagbucket. Accurate!
It took me a while to crack into my account but thankfully I remembered my username and use the same handful of passwords that I did 10 years ago xD but yeah, to think it used to be the cool place to store your photos...it really went down the drain.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:45:29 )

@Vii: It is! It never ceases to lag my browser. xD

Yeah, I know a lot of people on Gaia used that site before imgur came up. But now you gotta pay just for your images to be seen more often.

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:49:27 )
@Queen Prisma: I...didn't even know that was a thing. xD I mean, I never really cared about people seeing them, I just wanted to store them so I could link to them as needed. c': imgur is wonderful, I love the dark, simple layout (the Beta is kind of a mess) and the relative simplicity of it all. Not to mention, it's easy to sit there for hours on end looking at memes and reading peoples' clever comments. The community is wonderful.

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:51:24 )
It's cute though.
I don't label my art with dates and things (I mainly do traditional) so I'm not sure exactly when certain things were drawn, but I do see a distinct change in my work.
Two years is quite awhile though. :o

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/5 00:56:14 )

@Vii: When I was using it, I was storing my avatar art on it from Gaia and stuff. Plus any images that I happened to put on my profile.
I only really use imgur for one thing, and that is my album of my OC, Prisma. Its useful on how I can add notes to the images for who drew them and what not. But I mostly use imgbox.

@Faust Sheep: The only reason why I knew this was by facebook. I did some really stupid sound while recording the animation on my phone. I don't have that laptop anymore nor do I use that program. xD

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 09:04:54 )
@Queen Prisma: Two years is a long time. I'm glad to hear that your artistic skills have improved since that time. Looking forward to seeing the better and newer version of the artwork if you decide to re-do it. :)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/6 15:12:52 )

@Emmett Khan: Thanks. :) But I've been trying to redo the base for quite some time now, I haven't had any luck. :/
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Voltie — BetaTester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/7 04:55:07 )
@Queen Prisma: You're welcome and good luck to you. :)
Current avatar: Emmett Khan, Master of the Golden Keyblade.

Do you play RuneScape?

My DeviantArt Gallery:
EmmettKhan.DeviantArt.com

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.