Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout I GOTS THE PEN [ Art Freebies & Small Talk]

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 17:14:02 )

It's awesome :] I love the lineless style and i can't do it myself. I keep wanting to. and than i get frustrated cause i'm so bad at shading still

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 17:20:43 )
• v •
@Shadami: Yeah I gotta say, it ain't easy! I've been watching so many videos where pros can do it on the fly, but imagine the practice they had to do to get there.. LOL

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 17:22:52 )

i just want to miraculously have the skill *dramatic whatever*
okay i know it takes practice. but when i'm teaching myself it's been really difficult to learn. and i seem to struggle unless i'm using real paint.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 17:27:07 )
• v •
@Shadami: Real paint is super hard! I tried water colors recently and it was super fun but, nowhere near what I wanted to achieve.

What helps me learn is just to "do it" and do it *very badly*, haha... letting myself make really shitty drawings help in the process. It's hard for me to learn methodically, I just kinda wing it... :vanora_sweat:

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 17:28:46 )

i have that terrible perfectionist thing and I tend to give up and scrap something. So it's hard to push myself to learn a new skill. xD i use guache water color. its opaque and is more my style than regular water color or acrylic.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 17:32:07 )
• v •
@Shadami: I'm a super noob.. I only know the difference between acrylics, oils and watercolors and not much else... :'D I watched a lot of water-color videos and was kind of super inspired. It's a rough medium...

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 18:45:14 )
@Mica: Really? It's not relaxing? I find that lines constrain me too much because when I want to change something I also have to change the line layer. And clean lines are an extra skill and extra step to the painting process. I just like to splatter paint everywhere and see how that goes. :vanora_xd:

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 18:49:44 )
• v •
@Saeyra: mmmfnnnfff.. no not relaxing LOL. I mean, it's fun don't get me wrong, but it's not my comfort zone so, I can't say it was a calming experience.. a lot of thinking I'm not used to. :D Lines are fine if you get 'em right and done..

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 18:58:23 )
@Mica: Do you know what's fun? Abstract. Get some textured brushes and go all out on the colors. It's stress relief. No thinking just playing. Pretend you're a kid again and go complete balls to the wall crazy :vanora_smile:

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:00:59 )
• v •
@Saeyra: but..abstract art... is ugly unless you're a master and even then, it's ugly mostof the time too

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:11:30 )
@Mica: Hmm mine kinda look like you know those natural gems before they are cut? Not pure colors but mixed with impurities and dirt and stuff. The key is to limit your pallette to 5 or less colors that go well together. I will try to show you one.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:13:55 )
• v •
@Saeyra: Oh.. so those vague painterly shapes without any details?

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:21:35 )
@mica: Yep!

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:23:42 )
• v •
@Saeyra: Oooh wow, much amaze, very good.. that broken picture really speaks to my deepness. (Your link is broked LOL)

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:24:57 )
o v o

Can't wait to see what else you're going to paint.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:25:28 )
• v •
@Dowan: I might hate you a little bit.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:26:34 )
o v o

Aww, you don't hate me! ...You don't, right?

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:27:56 )
• v •
I might. Just might.

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:28:26 )
https://imgur.com/gallery/wANGr
@Mica: omg I am on my phone give me a break haha. Does that work? Click my Wang.

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 19:35:51 )
• v •
@Saeyra: thats chaotic as fuk... Iono, I'ven ever tried to do that...

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.